X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FW P-51 Old Crow Canopy removal

Anyone know how to get this canopy OFF? As you can see, they painted the cockpit interior this pretty hideous color. I just want to be able to get in there and fix it. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5798.JPG
Views:	465
Size:	98.4 KB
ID:	302512

I would think between the slider mechanism and canopy there would be some way to pop it apart and then glue back together when you're done? I would try that over popping out the slider itself...Hard to say though without being able to examine it in person. Good luck! Yeah what were they thinking with that color? Must have ran out of green zinc chromate, lol.

I wish all warbirds had sliding canopies. Nice feature.
    My YouTube RC videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Gadzooks......... yeah Aros, what is that color all about. Is that what they did when Iron Ass was discontinued and Freewing took cheap paint liberties with Old Crow
      I still have my very old Iron Ass and verified that the cockpit color is as the archived pics on the Motion site under the discontinued aircraft. See below
      I remember wanting to mod mine back then but decided not to because it meant having to separate the canopy from the slider and didn't want to do that much work for the insignificant amount of detail I wanted to add.
      The canopy can be separated from the slider but with judicious use of the scalpel and then reapplied with some FoamTac.
      Here's that pic I mentioned above. Certainly NOT that hideous calf scours yellow the OP is left to deal with.

Click image for larger version  Name:	freewing-p-51d-iron-ass-super-scale-1410mm-55-wingspan-pnp-motion-rc-26233285260.jpg Views:	0 Size:	72.0 KB ID:	302546
      Warbird Charlie
      HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Originally posted by Aros View Post
        Must have ran out of green zinc chromate, lol.
        My thought exactly.

Comment

Working...
        X