Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F4U Corsair by Arrows RC - Assembly and Maiden on a Windy Day

Hey guys,

Didn't see a thread on this plane so figured I'd create one, as I definitely think it deserves it. I'd been looking for a nice Corsair for a while and the combo of nice retracts, lights, decent power and a pretty great price ($199 PNP) led me to this one. The finish is really impressive, and the twisting retracts, while not super shock-absorbing, are probably the coolest I have on any plane.

I also love the size at 1100 mm, it feels pretty small and easy to transport on the ground but once it's in the air it feels almost twice as big. I haven't had a chance to really open it up yet as it was probably gusting to 20-25 mph by the time I got in the air, but it was amazingly stable and I was able to land it relatively easy given the conditions. I'm definitely eyeing the P-47 now after how impressed I've been with this one.

Here's a video of this awesome warbird:

Nelson Hobbies on Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3M...ljJd2Md45tOJsw

Great video. Check out the Bearcat too! Another great plane.

FYI. I switched out the esc's on the corsair and the bearcat to a 50 or 60 amp, sorry I can't remember offhand. But I have a bunch of 4s that I wanted to use and didn't want to worry about the esc. I fly with a 4s 2500. My only complaint is that with foam and the dark blue paint causes them to gator in the sun. Other than that, I have no gripes. They fly and land great. The bearcat, you have to plant the tail on landing and throttle up a tad slowly while holding elevator for takeoff.

Comment

Nice job! Never met a Corsair I didn't like. Do all 3 stage flaps retract or just the outboard ones?
      My YouTube RC videos:
      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Hobbyzone is having a sale on the Arrows warbirds until April 6th- $20 off. Might be a good time to pickup a warbird. I have the Arrows T-28,P-51 and F8F Bearcat. Fit. finish and paint just might be the best in the industry now! They are all great flyers.

Comment

Originally posted by Aros View Post
          Nice job! Never met a Corsair I didn't like. Do all 3 stage flaps retract or just the outboard ones?
          Just the outboard ones, seems like it would be a simple enough mod but I don't want to cut into such a nice looking plane!

Comment

Originally posted by SanExup View Post
            Great video. Check out the Bearcat too! Another great plane.

FYI. I switched out the esc's on the corsair and the bearcat to a 50 or 60 amp, sorry I can't remember offhand. But I have a bunch of 4s that I wanted to use and didn't want to worry about the esc. I fly with a 4s 2500. My only complaint is that with foam and the dark blue paint causes them to gator in the sun. Other than that, I have no gripes. They fly and land great. The bearcat, you have to plant the tail on landing and throttle up a tad slowly while holding elevator for takeoff.
            I imagine it screams on 4S. I don't think I even had the throttle above half the entire maiden and it seemed to have a good amount of power. How does it fly on 4S?

Comment

They both have that good amount of power you speak of and then some. You can size up the props but I use the stock props. The corsair takes some carving with the esc and the battery. The bearcat was a just.a quick switch out of the esc and no carving. I would say it will do as big of an egg shaped loop as possible.

Comment

I installed a 50 amp ESC in mine. I did a Watt meter test using a 4S 2200mAh and got a 49amp reading at WOT. So not a problem running 4S. Probably not a problem running 4S even with the stock 40amp ESC. It will unload quite a bit in the air. All of the current E-flite 1200mm warbirds say 4S capable. The 1200mm P-51 uses a 40amp ESC and a similar 4 blade prop.

Comment

karltrek i agree, I do have the 1200mm P51, June Night, but with the older receiver not the new receiver version. And I fly it on 4s, stock 40amp esc.

I was initially set on trying different props and different size 4s on the Bearcat and Corsair. For $25 to upgrade the esc, it seemed like an easy way to not have to worry. I am still flying with the stock 4 blades.

Comment

Working...
                  X