X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Horse P47 Thunderbolt 60cc

I noticed James had a video up on the maiden of the new BH P47. Is there an offical thread yet for this plane and does anyone have one yet?

Originally posted by Royster View Post
    I noticed James had a video up on the maiden of the new BH P47. Is there an offical thread yet for this plane and does anyone have one yet?
    This plane will be coming sometime in the summer. I jumped the gun a bit on showing it, but will get back to it when I know they are on the way

Comment

Seems like Europe got them first. Couple of builds up on RC Universe.

Comment

James how much lead did you have to add to the nose for CG. Another builder with a DLE55 had to add 1.2kgs!!

Comment

Anymore info on this plane yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Royster View Post
            Anymore info on this plane yet?
            I have no new info, unfortunately. I never added any weight to the plane and hit the CG just fine with the cg machine the kit provides.

Comment

I do see that it has a product page on Motion RC now.

Comment

Originally posted by Twowingtj View Post
                I do see that it has a product page on Motion RC now.
                Well, it's definitely coming, but when? I have no idea. Black Horse is a boutique dealer who produces as much as they can and ships when they can but not like say Freewing where containers are filled and shipping at a pretty rapid pace. These planes take a lot more time to produce as one might imagine. But it will definitely arrive eventually, and just make sure your on the notify me when back in stock list to be emailed as soon as it becomes available as I imagine, like most balsa aircraft, will not remain in stock very long

Comment

Originally posted by James View Post

I have no new info, unfortunately. I never added any weight to the plane and hit the CG just fine with the cg machine the kit provides.
                  Thanks for the reply James. 😊
                  Did you get more flights on yours and did you eventually install a gas engine?

Comment

As a scale geek, I'm ambivalent about the new P-47 bubbletop model. I like its size and the fact that it isn't a foamie, but made of wood. Minuses (for me) are the cowl, which which looks in the photos like it is a bit too small for the fuselage fit, no inner gear doors on the main gear, and the fact that they put a Corsair tailwheel assembly and gear doors on a P-47. The tailwheel is very impressively made (for a Corsair) but I don't really care for it on a P-47. I'm not saying I would never buy one, but at this point I probably wouldn't. I guess I'm spoiled by the look of the CARF and other large P-47s that have been on the market. Years ago, there used to be Aerotech 1/6 scale airplanes, made of carbon fiber. I built and flew several of them in competition. The problem was they were very heavy and didn't fly all that well, but they sure Looked the part!

If it flies well, it will probably be popular as a sport-scale model to have fun with.

Comment

just wondering if a umx 70cc radial will fit in cowl moter has 9in od

Comment

I ordered one I’ll measure and post when it arrives

Comment

just received the P47 and wow there is a whole lot of carbon lament it looks like there is room for the umx 75 radial

Comment

here is a few pics

Comment

Originally posted by 1stflightdave View Post
                              here is a few pics
                              I have the one of the CF versions as well. Hows your build going?

Comment

its going to be my winter project going to put a umx75 radial in it im just finishing the black horse zero now with fg90r radial

Comment

Has anyone heard when these might be available again?

Comment

Morning
                                    has anyone put a G62 gas in this yet. If so how’s it fly

Comment

Does anyone has the rough inner dimension of the cowling? Wondering if a twin 70cc would fit without having to cut holes on the sides of it. I called MotionRC, but their folks has not a clue and told me to go look at the manual. Lol

Comment

Working...
                                      X