X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TA 152 flight handling

Thinking about getting the TA 152 but would like to put a receiver in it that has SAFE. How would the TA 152 handle during landing without the use of flaps??

It might good to describe your flying experience. The TA-152 is a pretty easy plane to fly. I’m not sure why you would want
    to land without the use of flaps. I’m not sure how SAFE benefits anyone beyond a novice.

Comment

Cubby I have a Spektrum Ar637t in my TA. I don't use safe as much as I thought I would when I bought my first Spektrum receiver with safe. But I have a few times with the TA from losing orientation. The green camo against a hilly pine tree background was disorienting before I painted it. And I've used safe for landing on final with a gusty crosswind. I don't know if it actually helped but it was a psychological aid. All this being said I have planes with non spektrum receivers and I don't use the recovery aids with them. I like to rely more on getting the plane set up with multiple rates on the control surfaces, expo, and moderate stabilization, to fly how I like it, so i don't have to use a recovery feature. And lately I've been putting the stabilization gain on a dial knob on the transmitter to turn it up or down depending on feel. Once the plane is trimmed and dialed, I don't find myself even thinking about the safe switch. I think some people see it as a way to jump before flying. Without learning to recover well with piloting skills. And it can be, but it's just another tool really.

I agree if this is a first plane or warbird the TA is not one to learn recovery from a stall on, safe or not. But like all planes you don't have to stall them. There are better planes to learn on if that's where you're at. But the TA isn't difficult, it just has requirements. Again like all planes.

Maintaining momentum is important with the TA.

Lastly, I don't know why you wouldn't want to use the flaps, unless you're belly landing it or some other reason. Otherwise even with half flaps, the reduced flight speed by the added lift seems a little easier on the landing gear.

Comment

Working...
      X