Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flightline

Hi All,

Does anybody know if the "FlightLine 16x10 4-Blade Electric Propeller" can fit in the hub of the "FlightLine 1600mm F4U-1A/D Corsair Spinner" ?

The "FlightLine 1600mm F4U-1A/D Corsair Spinner" is normally used with the "FlightLine 18x12 3-Blade Electric Propeller", I wondered if their any other propellor options that can use this hub.

Thanks

With a little modification, you can make almost anything work, however, if you don't like modding, this won't easily work. Take a look at the prop shaft for the Corsair:

Now take a look at the prop shaft for the Spitfire (it would have been handy had you indicated what plane that prop came from):

Notice how the Corsair shaft has a hex near the base and the Spitfire shaft doesn't? To use the Spitfire hub and spinner, you may have to do little modding (maybe either drill out the hole in the hub or add some tape to make the shaft bigger. (I can't say since I don't have the Spit.) Lastly, if you use a Spitfire prop/hub/spinner, it won't have the same bite as the stock Corsair one, so the plane will likely be slightly slower. Additionally, a Spitfire spinner would look strange on a Corsair.
    I use the 4-blade prop and assembly from the FMS Corsair and I had to use tape to build up the hex on the FL Corsair shaft and use some FoamTac on the threads so the whole assembly wouldn't slip. Has worked now for 2 seasons.

Comment

Thanks for the response xviper, its appreciated.
      Your correct the 16x10 4blade from is supplied with the spitfire, apologies for not mentioning it in my originating post. With my interest in compatability of propellors with the Corsair hub, I thought it would be clearer not to mention the spitfire.
      I'll take a look at the 4-blade prop and assembly from the FMS corsair to see how that works.
      Its my first venture into the world of 3 blade and 4 blade propelllors.

Comment

Working...
      X