X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eflite FW-190A 1.5m

i just got the fw-190A and when i plug the battery in the ESC single beeps slowly then when I throttle stops then starts beeping fast. I'm using DX6i Tx and a 6S 4500mah lipo with ec5 connecter. the manual says all these are compatible so why is my motor not getting power? the gear, flaps and all control surfaces work fine. any suggestions are welcome.

Throttle should not be advanced from idle until after the esc initializes.. it sounds like you might have started reprogramming the esc.

Comment

Hello

maybe reading the manual would be a good starting point,

ESC/Radio Calibration
      Begin with the transmitter powered on at full throttle.
      Connect a battery to the ESC. The motor will emit a series of three ascending tones.
      The motor will emit two short tones to indicate the high throttle position has been accepted.
      Move the throttle stick to the low position within five seconds after the two short tones.
      TIP: If more than 5 seconds passes before you lower the throttle, the motor will motor emit another series of tones, indicating the ESC has entered programming mode.
      The motor will emit a number of tones to indicate the number of detected LiPo cells.
      The motor will emit one long tone to indicate the calibration is complete.

grts Hans

The Avian 100 Amp Brushless Smart ESC, 3S-6S by Spektrum is a quality built remote controlled airplane accessory. See all our RC product options online at Horizon Hobby!

Comment

I appreciate the advice but wonder why some people assume i havent read the manual. yes im a noob but im not a retard , i have read the manual i have looked online for answers ,trust me, going to a forum where most posts i have seen start with a question then the first reply is from someone saying "try reading the manual" was my last option. i have tried the motor calibration and have had the same results. maybe ill try reading the book again .thanks for your insight timmybeetle

Comment

He was trying to help...

If you've tried the calibration maybe try lowering the throttle trim all the way after you plug it in. As said above it sounds like it's not sensing the low throttle position. I assume you have the throttle travels at 100/100 and throttle cut turned off.

Comment

Hi Pilots

We are trying to help, good luck with yours issue.
            let us now what the problem was?

grts Hans

Comment

Hey guys, so apparently the Dx6i is not compatible with this plane. Which sucks cause had I knowm that I wouldn't have bought it. On the box it says, "already own a spektrum transmitter? Bind n fly makes it easy to get in the air...."
              Guess not though. They should be more specific would've me a few mortgage payments.
              Live and learn.
              Thanks for your help

Comment

Originally posted by Balsac1977 View Post
                Hey guys, so apparently the Dx6i is not compatible with this plane. Which sucks cause had I known that I wouldn't have bought it. On the box it says, "already own a spektrum transmitter? Bind n fly makes it easy to get in the air...."
                Guess not though. They should be more specific would've me a few mortgage payments.
                Live and learn.
                Thanks for your help
                Hello Balsac .......... sorry to see that you feel that the stigma of being a noob to the hobby left you financially stunted for the expense of this warbird.
                As an experienced warbird pilot that still learns new things, here's some advice that maybe you can use for the future as you want to continue to grow in the hobby.

o Whenever you buy from the web or brick-n-mortar shops, always look for details of compatibility in the manual. The marketing guys aren't gonna paste that info on the front of the box.
                It was a simple matter for me to download that manual from the HH website to investigate your claim and see the recommended Tx listing on page 4 which did not list the DX6i.
                o If you are moving up to $500 warbirds, it makes good sense to be upgrading from a beginners(noob) radio which back in its prime before being discontinued was a $110 entry level radio.
                Instead of regretting publicly the purchase of a nice bird, nows the chance to broaden your scope of the hobby for the future. Its not a cheap hobby but now that I think about it neither is golf, sport fishing etc... etc.....etc. The NX8 or DX9 would be the invested way to go if you are planning to do this for the future years.
                I personally jumped from a DX6i to the DX8 gen1 and then the DX9 when it came out years ago.

Best wishes,
                Warbird Charlie
                HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

While not a recommended radio (probably because of it being long discontinued) I don’t see why it can’t be used. Maybe post your location so someone close can help in person? Maybe visit a club and see if someone can help?

Comment

Working...
                  X