X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Admiral 6000 lipo

My first post here so fingers crossed! So I've charged up my battery to the correct values but when connected to my plane (Freewing Spitfire 1600) it sounds an alarm, much like a smoke detector. Checked all connections and they seem ok. No mention of this function in the "Information leaflet" that came with the battery. No info on the web, that I could find anyhow. Any help greatly appreciated.

Hello

Maybe asked this question over here

https://www.hobbysquawk.com/forum/rc...e-mk-ix-thread

Welcome , greetings Hans

Comment

This may not be a Spitfire problem. Just to be sure, have you bound the plane to the transmitter? Did you then remove the bind plug? Next time, having done that, do you turn on the TX first, THEN plug in the battery?

Comment

***CAUTION...BE SURE YOUR PROP IS NOT INSTALLED (or risk having the motor come alive and spin the prop into your body)***

Also, Try reversing the channel for the throttle in the transmitter itself.

What may be happening is...while you have the throttle down (minimum)...you actually have it FULL THROTTLE. Hence, the warning.

-GG

Comment

Thanks everyone. I've only just completed the wiring, needed the battery installed for testing and establishing the radio channels but keep getting the alarm. What's the purpose of the alarm?

Comment

That's still not enough information. "An alarm like a smoke detector." What does this mean? A smoke detector can make 2 different kinds of sounds. It can make a beep every minute to indicate that the battery needs to be changed. It can also make a constant high pitched sound that would indicate that it has detected smoke.
            This is the same for the sound you are hearing in the ESC. What kind of sound is it? A steady beeping? At what speed and interval? Does the beeping have a discernable pattern? And you have still not indicated what your exact sequence of events are when you power things up.
            One kind of beeping might indicate that you have no radio contact between the RX and TX, perhaps like when the binding didn't work or if the TX is not turned on at the correct time. Another kind of beeping might indicate that one or more of the ESC to motor wires is disconnected or poorly connected. Another kind of beeping might be as GG said. The throttle channel might be reversed and the ESC thinks you want it to go into programming mode. It may not actually be an "alarm". It may just be a signal trying to tell you something that needs to be done.
            You say you are looking at the "leaflet" that comes with the battery, but have you looked at any information about the ESC? The beeping you are hearing is coming from the motor. That's the only thing that can make any sort of beeping noise. It's the ESC sending a signal to the motor to make it sound.
            You also need to tell us exactly what you have done and answer the questions that have been asked of you. What do you do when you go to power things up? Did you bind it successfully? Did you remove the bind plug after it was bound? Or did you just leave it in there? (It might be helpful to know what your RC experience is. Have you successfully built, set up and flown other planes before?)

Comment

Pilots

when reading his question ad post1, I'm really wondering what knowledge the questioner has regarding RC model flying.
              normally I would suggest go to a club nearby and let you help there by experience pilots.

Regards Hans

Happy new year...😉

Comment

Sounds to me like one of 2 things 1 the throttle is in the wrong channel or 2 the esc needs calibration, or possibly both. Remember for spektrum throttle is ch1, for futaba and frsky ch3. So with spektrum you go thr, ail, ele, rud. And the others it's ail, ele, thr, rud.

Comment

Originally posted by jonno View Post
                  Thanks everyone. I've only just completed the wiring, needed the battery installed for testing and establishing the radio channels but keep getting the alarm. What's the purpose of the alarm?
                  Is this your first plane? I'm asking because I want you to have as much success with your flight and the hobby. If it is, I suggest you set aside the Spitfire for a time and get experience with a slower, albeit not nearly as beautiful, trainer such as an Apprentice or Aero Scout.

Finding a local club or group of pilots is also key. There is so much to be learned by talking to and watching others fly. An experienced eye looking over the model can really help make the maiden successful. It doesn't matter how experienced you are. I often have others look over my setups just in case I missed or forgot something.

​​​​​​

Comment

Being so short on detailed information and short on replies from him, it's going to be very hard to help him.

Comment

Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
                      Sounds to me like one of 2 things 1 the throttle is in the wrong channel or 2 the esc needs calibration, or possibly both. Remember for spektrum throttle is ch1, for futaba and frsky ch3. So with spektrum you go thr, ail, ele, rud. And the others it's ail, ele, thr, rud.
                      I concur with that, I'll bet he needs to first calibrate his ESC. If it is not calibrated, or even if it is, and he plugs a flight pack in with the throttle only slightly advanced, it will continue to beep (is that his alarm?) without initializing until the throttle is at what the ESC believes is the absolute 0. Even a few clicks up and it will continue to do that. (And you don't have to guess how I know that).
                      Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                      Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

Working...
                      X