X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rivets on Motion 2000m B-24

I’m trying to add to my B-24. Calle graphics made a set of my great uncles plane that was shot down. I was going to add rivet detail and weathering but, I’m having trouble with the size. I know there were a million raised rivets, but I was thinking of doing holes with a riveting tool instead. I think glue dropping with glue, for raised rivets and repainting, would take a long time. However, the tool only has a wheel for up to 1/24 scale. Not 1/16. Anybody have luck doing this a different way? I tried a real small tube, the size of a mechanical pencil end, and it looks to big. Recommendations? Thank you.

Have you checked the 3D printing websites? I believe I’ve seen something like that on Thingiverse. The benefit of that is that you can scale to wheel to any size you might need.

Comment

I have not. I believe I have the right size tube now. But I’ll check it out. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Smclaug View Post
        I have not. I believe I have the right size tube now. But I’ll check it out. Thank you.
        SM, firstly, welcome to Hobby Squawk. Secondly, I think you've nailed the size of the tubing. Lookin' good, Sir. Please post pictures as you progress on your tribute B-24. Best, LB
        I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
        ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
        ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Originally posted by Smclaug View Post
          Excellent work! Can't wait to see the finished product. I think my father must have done some of those rivets! He escaped farm work at 17 and drove 50 miles to Detroit to work at Ford's "Willow Run Bomber" plant when Ford was issued the first "assembly line" production contract of the B-24. He always said it "Beat Milking Cows". When the US finally entered the war, he enlisted in the Navy and after delivering old wooden destroyers to our then ally Russia sailing them from Miami to Murmansk , he ultimately ended up on a sub chaser in the Pacific (when they weren't fighting they were fishing). It's possible he worked on your great uncles plane! But don't ask me to help you with yours, that's way too tedious for my blood!
          Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
          Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

Working...
          X