Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Had a few flights with 12x6 two blade now,and she flies fine.

Comment

• im looking for a bit of advise regarding this spit, my CG is set as per the manual, im using a 3200mah 4s lipo, controls are set as per the manual, and when im flying it, on full throttle it goes up almost vertically, but on anything below 1/4 throttle it just sticks its nose down and dives for the deck, surly i don't have to be continuosly trimming the elevator everytime i make a throttle adjustment, yes i know i can mix elevator movement in with the throttle but surly i don't have to do this, as i can't see any mention of this trait on the posts on here, any help would be appreciated as its unplesent to fly it like this all the time

Comment

• Hi,
        I noticed a couple of folks asking about RX mounting.
        Here's my work in progress with my New 1200mm Spit.
        1. I unscrewed the plywood mount from its staves
        2. I shifted it back about 10mm from the front edge to the center of the original front hole.
        3. I used a 1/16" drill bit and a pin vise to drill 4 new mounting holes
        4. I moved the fastening strap to the forward position
        5. Installed Velcro on the mount
        6. I think I'll add another piece of 1/8" plywood to extend the front edge of the mount
        7. It looks like I'll have plenty of room to mount my AR630 with this mod.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	370
Size:	1.07 MB
ID:	369912

Attached Files

Comment

• To continue on with my Spit story:

Here is the final compartment buildout:
          Click image for larger version  Name:	20230212_100658.jpg Views:	0 Size:	89.0 KB ID:	370858
          You can see my AR630 installed, and I extended the plywood floor using some hobby
          plywood bought at Hobby Lobby (below)

Click image for larger version  Name:	20230212_100848.jpg Views:	0 Size:	133.0 KB ID:	370859
          I paid about $3.50 for these.

I wound up adding a few more zip ties to the Servo Wire bundle and re-positioned the
          bundle to the opposite or "bottom" side from what is shown above.

Tucked the wires to the right to get them out of the way of the ESC battery cable
          and I was done.

I used an Admiral 4S 3000 mAh 35C battery and pushed it all the way forward.

This put my CG at around 76.6 mm from the wing edge ( which is 1/2 way between
          the Manual's recommendation of 73 mm and some others of 80 mm). This is slightly
          behind the black line on the wing of the PNP version. I use a $10 digital caliper from
          Harbor Freight. Works like a charm. (BTW they also sell a 3" line level for $1.29 that
          is great for making sure your plane is level when measuring cg).

============= The Maiden Flight @ PVMAC Chino, CA Airfield =================

I bound the RX to my Spektrum NX8.
          Dual rates were on a 3 pos switch 70/80/100 % with 40% Expo.
          3 flight modes: F3 = No SAFE or AS3X, F2 = AS3X no SAFE, F1 = SAFE + AS3X

The maiden ( with about 12 mph of wind ) went splendid. I took off from the runway with
          70% flaps and it tracked nicely during the run up and lift off.

The flight was like butter, and the landing did not suffer from the narrow tracks of the
          landing gear at all.

My only surprise at landing was when I thought I had slowed down enough to give
          up elevator to pin the tailwheel and start using my rudder, the plane floated up about
          2 feet. Apparently, the wing loading is very light.

If you have been flying other tail draggers (like the E-Flite 1.2 mm P51) this plane will
          be a breeze to fly.

Thanks all. Happy flying.
          Attached Files

Comment

• Nice day at the beach yesterday with the Spit and several other models.

http://youtu.be/zPRDaFbNTzM

Comment

• Nice day at the beach yesterday with the Spit and several other models.

Comment

• I have the 1600 Flightline Spitfire and love it .Thinking of buying the 1200 version to use in the winter .How does the 1200 fly compared to the 1600 version.Also I noticed RC Castle have stop selling the 1200 version including the spares on RC Castle's Web site
                Anyone know if Flightline are discontinuing this model ?

Comment

• If you love the 1600 you'll love the 1200. For certain you have refrain from full throttle to fly scale with the stock setup. Inverted flight, big loops, great roll rate for a spit. All class.
                  The elevator book rates are too much for my liking, at least the high rates are, but once dialed it's a dream to fly.

Comment

• Thanks SanEXup for that info .All ordered 👍

Comment

• Hi Guys,

Just got myself this Spitfire. I spent the night building it and troubleshooting the servo connections to the receiver. Two problems i have. The landing gear will not function. I have it in slot 5 which on my Hitec 6 corresponds to the gear. Did try other slots with no change. Also it appears my flaps and ailerons work in sync. Im running the corona 2.4ghz on my Hitec Optic 6 with the CR8D 8 channel receiver.

Comment

• First thing is on your transmitter monitor screen are the channels doing what you expect them to do? Is the gear channel moving 100% each way?

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                          First thing is on your transmitter monitor screen are the channels doing what you expect them to do? Is the gear channel moving 100% each way?
                          The optic 6 doesn't show telemetry of the servos moving. Its an old radio.

Comment

• Then maybe plug a servo into ch5 and see if it moves appropriately? It's a very simple set up with aileron servos being Y'd to the receiver and flap's being Y'd to the receiver and the gear being Y'd to the receiver.

Comment

• I think i've figured it out. Theres a menu setting for S/W switches. It has to be set to on.

Comment

• I'm at a loss. The gear actuates if i plug into other channels. But with S/W switched on for channel 5. Nothing happens when i flip the switch. It does visualize on/off on the controller but the gear won't move.

Comment

• Not sure. Sounds like you are doing the right troubleshooting.

Comment

• I've finally got it to work on the switch! I was in a slightly wrong menu setting to allow switch to be "on" to actuate. Now onto zeroing the flap servos.

Comment

• Hi There,

I just purchased this plane and It seems that the servo's are very jittery (they dont bounce around, but they dont move smoothly), I have a couple of FMS aircraft and with the same receiver/radio combination those are butter smooth....this is my first Motion RC aircraft.

Anyone had that issue with this plane? Any Ideas? Thanks in advance.

Comment

• Maybe try posting a video. One servo operating oddly I would say it's the servo. Several, it's something else. Not much to go off of, I know. I have a few Flightline planes and no issues like that. However I have had a servo go bad in another plane that was "jittery." But that was after a solid bump to the control surface with the plane powered up, cheap servo, stripped gears.

Comment

• Can someone tell me in terms of flying is it easier to fly the 1200mm or 1600mm Spitfire for someone less experienced?

Comment

Working...
                                          X