Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I echo Ryan and Mike .... first flights today. Unusually gusty spring conditions here but the FRC Spitfire handled the crosswind on landing very nicely!

Comment

Great pictures Bajora! Can't wait yo get mine!

Comment

WOW!! great to see these images! it looks and sounds great i am really looking forward to the preorders arriving are we still on for june?
        AKA meltor

Comment

Here's our Flight Review! Enjoy!

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan@Motion/ryramZ View Post
            Here's our Flight Review! Enjoy!

Very nice...
            TiredIron Aviation
            Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

FlightlineRC is really making some incredible looking models. The quality of foam models has improved so much in the last few years. And, these are right at the top.

Comment

I'm feeling the itch, can't wait to see one

Grossman56
                Team Gross!

Comment

Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
                  I'm feeling the itch, can't wait to see one

Grossman56
                  Ill bring it to the NEFI at AMA amongst other things. We'll see if I can't bring some other new items as well.

Comment

Hey Ryan, I've got My Little Gal II half covered in Flite Metal and hope to have her finished to bring as well, you might have to maiden her for me, after all the work I may be a bit n-n-n-n-ervous!!!

Grossman56
                    Team Gross!

Comment

I've been asked a couple of times where I mounted the RX in my Spitfire. I should have mentioned it in my write up earlier in this thread.

I have the RX stuck to the underside of the canopy magnetic latch just in front of the cockpit. I used a double sided sticky pad. Take the battery hatch off and you can feel a small space just inside the fuselage, it is small but you can fit any normal RX there. The way to do it if anyone is interested. Connect the servo extension leads to the RX, ailerons, flaps, and retracts. Thread them out of the bottom of the fuselage and simply connect them to the relevant servos in the wing. Neatly arrange the excess leads inside the fuselage and fit the wing in place.

This means the RX is out of the way of the battery installation, but you can get to it if you need to. Don't forget to position the short antenna leads so they do not get caught in the battery hatch taking it off and on.

Martin.

Comment

Wrapping up our review of this model, for it to appear in the July 2016 issue of FlyRC magazine. Thought we'd share a few studio photos of this beauty!

Comment

Here is the Build pilots!

Comment

Nice build video...after seeing the quality and detail close up I think I need one of these.
                            TiredIron Aviation
                            Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

I test flew my Spitfire over this last weekend. I've only flown it once so far, and the first flight was on a 4s 2500mah battery. The CG is 73mm from the L/E of the wing measured at the root. I achieved this position with the battery mentioned above placed as far forward as I could get it. The model flies very well on this battery, although I am going to try it on the recommended 4000mah. This will increase the flying time, although this battery may need to be moved back a little to achieve the correct CG.

The first flight was uneventful and I wanted it to be that way. I carried out a full preflight check including a check of all the flying controls at full power before take off. I always carry out a full power check of everything before I take off, this will usually show any signs of problems that may occur during the flight. The only thing I haven't tried so far in flight are the flaps. However loops, rolls, inverted circuits, stall turns are all accomplished using the standard four blade prop and power system. The model presents well in the air and really shows off the classic Spitfire shape.

I am more than happy with the model in every respect and I thoroughly recommend it to anyone who is looking for a new warbird, especially an English one!

Martin

Comment

Martin what flight time could we get on the 2500?

Comment

3 more flyers have joined the ranks of those who have flown the pre-production Flightline Spitfire Mk IXc. Time and weather were finally on our side at Skypark.

you can see the photos here:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...636353&page=18 post #265.

Sorry, I am having a bit of difficulty with this forum.

Bob

Comment

Looks like they showed up at Motion and should be shipping out soon to those that pre-ordered.

Comment

I noticed that today, I am SUPER EXCITED to get mine!

Comment

I will have the pre- production Flightline Spitfire at Rancho San Antonio on Saturday. If anyone in the area would like to fly it - come on out. Rancho San Antonio is in Cupertino. I will be there from ~8 am until noon. Then I am off to Moffett Airfield to check out the B-25, B-24, B-17 and the P-51 again!

Bob

Comment

Mine is out for delivery, can't wait to get home and unbox it.

Comment

Working...
                                          X