• Show
Clear All

Comment

Received mine today. It's all ready for its maiden flight

Comment

Hey, awesome HighFlyer!!
        Hoping to get one of these one day!
        Hope the maiden goes great for you!!!!
        I still want to see what else they're going to come up with, I'm hoping for another 1600 mm warbird.

Grossman56
        Team Gross!

Comment

Mine came yesterday, she's together today and ready to fly. One thing I did not do is glue the wing halves together, seems like that would make it difficult to replace just one of them if I ever needed to do that.

Does anyone have an opinion on whether to glue them together or not?

Comment

Looking at the spare parts you cannot buy one wing have, you get both. I suppose based on that I might as well glue them together. Rats, now I need to disassemble to do that.

Comment

hey guys , i flew mine today with admiral 4s 3000 30c batteries. i set the cg right @ the 73mm as stated in the manual. 35% expo all around and just used mid rates. THIS THING IS BEAUTIFUL!! tracked straight and true into the 5-7 mph head wind and lifted off scale as could be. 2 clicks up trim 2 clicks aileron. just smooth cool clean flying model. flaps down landing was slow and controlled and touched down perfect. super impressed!! pics aren't uploading so i'll need to figure that out again with the new site. i should have a video soon . it is worthy. OH yea, flight times were 5 min with 3.88 per cell left .
              AKA meltor

Comment

Been having a blast flying the Spitty, really a nice flyer. Flying with a little over a 4000mAh pack and getting over 11 minutes of mixed throttle flying. Very pleased with the handling with both partial and full flaps, no mixing required at all.

I did go ahead and paint the invasion stripes on the bottom of the wing but I haven't gotten around to doing any weathering yet. So far a little more than a dozen flights and I am really pleased with the plane. I did go ahead and do the pin hinges as well.

Mike H

Comment

Beautiful shots Hi!

Jag, Don't you just love a problem free maiden? :)
                  Lauren

Comment

thats great hi, i have some 4s 4000's to try. i did make 6 min with mixed throttle on my 3000mah packs with 3.82 per cell so i would bet that 7 min. will be ok. i am just blown away with how slow i can come in with full flaps! really enjoying mine =D
                    AKA meltor

Comment

I really like the looks of this spit and I'm impressed by the reviews. However I'm still torn between this one and the new eflite model. I'll be suprised if the eflite flys that well with that 5 blade prop but I already have several batteries for it. This flite line plane looks better to me and the power system has been proven to be adequate. I may have to get this one plus a couple of batteries I don't have any bigger than 2500 in 4s.

Comment

Greetings to all. This FlightLine RC Spitty is great. Like many, also curious about the new Eflite offering. Would like to hear if anyone has evaluated head-to-head yet?

Comment

One pilot's opinion of this LOVELY Spitty in the August 2016 edition of FlyRC magazine, just out on the newsstands and in digital

Comment

I've had the E Flite version up and she's great. Got a couple of flights on her. The AS3X works great as well, I can assign a switch to go between the SAFE technology and the regular flight with AS3X

Grossman56
                            Team Gross!

Comment

Not an expert, but just a couple notes on the small decals. Cut on the borders of the decals, not as close to the lettering as possible. Give them "the once over", or one good rub from clear plastic side to white backing paper. Removes air bubbles and helps the small lettering stick to the clear (static e?). That said, considerable patience and retrys, another corner, and bending the backing paper seems to help. One last note, save the clear! On any pieces that don't initially transfer completely, a dab on them with the clear plastic sheet after you have applied the majority of that particular decal will pick up the remnants. Achieved 100% transfer with this combination on my second kit. Hope this helps. (Had to have both liveries.).

Comment

Thanks Westsider and welcome to the forum, any tips on decals is worth its weight in gold!

Grossman56
                                Team Gross!

Comment

I thought it might be better on the MRC reviews, but 2 on there is 1 too many for my taste anyway. Love this plane!

Comment

A great morning at the field, flew Shangrila and the Spitfire, both performed flawlessly! I've seen Ryan fly the Flightline Spit and have some experience with mine now. I would point out that the FlightLine one is faster, both would seem to handle well, the E flite has the AS3X built into the receiver, where the Flightline doesn't come with a receiver, nothing to stop you from putting in an AR636 though. Someone with some F/L Spitfire experience could tell you about the handling, Ryan was saying she's a little tricky to land, The E flite is pretty straight forward, with full flaps she tends to like to float and once you place the mains on the runway she likes to keep her tail up as well, I've tried planting it but she'll either want to bounce back in the air or, more commonly, she likes to drag a wing. It's a matter on finessing your landing, I'm letting her stay on the mains a little longer as the rudder has great authority. Real easy to do touch and goes with.
                                    Ideally, the motor/ESC from the F/L into the E flite may give you the best of both worlds. Have to see what Charlie thinks of that, he has a better handle on that than I do

Grossman56
                                    Team Gross!

Comment

How does this spitty fly compared to the seafury? My first seafury bit the dust but I picked up another second hand. I must say with a 5000mah up front it handles like christ is at the sticks lol.
                                      AMA 1102566

Comment

They are both very agile at high speed, but I prefer the spitfire on slow passes. Just gorgeous. The Spitfire profile at distance can be deceiving.

Comment

• Is it hard to see orientation?
                                          AMA 1102566

Comment

Working...
                                          X