Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was not able to get out to the hangar last night but stopped by this morning on my way in to work. I know OV10 has what he needed but I'll post the pictures I took in case anyone else every needs them. I do not know why they are being rotated when I upload them.

Comment

• Hey, guys. I see some familiar names in here. So I am feeling the itch for a new plane, but want to shake it up a bit. I am an intermidiate pilot with several warbirds (E-Flite P-51, PZ F4U Corsair, Dynam Super Sportster, Dynam T-28 and FL P-38). I sport fly mostly and handle my birds very well (save my P-38 which is still giving me trouble landing consistently without bouncing, but Ive been fighting a wing warp issue causing banking tendencies). So Id like to get a slightly smaller warbird and something different while I dial in the P-38. I think a smaller plane will help me practice landings. I grease on my other planes, but they have gyros and float. In any case, I am eyeing the FL Spitfire, FL TA-152 or FL F8F-1. I want something different from my current birds that handles well and has good characteristics and flight time. I like the Spitfire the most for looks but hear it is trucky to land and take off. The F8F-1 looks fast and stable, but is all one color and may be too much like my current planes...floaty and vanilla. Still, I havent flown any of these aircraft and am looking for experienced opinions based on what you have flown. Iam reading all of the forums for each plane but appreciate direct feedback. And you may see me post this in the other plane threads to get feedback on those as well. Thanks!

Comment

• Hi guys. I've just rounded off a 1.5mm Allen key trying to remove the main wheel collars. Before I invest in a hardened hex driver set does anyone know if 1.5mm is the wrong size and if they are in fact imperial grub screws in the collars? Any help would be much appreciated

Comment

• Hi guys. I have bent my prop shaft slightly and am having trouble removing it from the motor. The screws come out ok but the shaft looks like it is glued on or otherwise doesn't want to come off. Any advice on how to remove it so I can replace for a straight one?

Comment

• Originally posted by Stallion Explosion View Post
            Hi guys. I have bent my prop shaft slightly and am having trouble removing it from the motor. The screws come out ok but the shaft looks like it is glued on or otherwise doesn't want to come off. Any advice on how to remove it so I can replace for a straight one?
            Hello Stallion and welcome to the Squawk,
            Use a small straight slot screw driver or the cutting edge of a pairing knife and get it under the edge of the prop shaft flange and motor case and give it a slight twist.
            It should just pop off cause there is sometimes a friction tolerance fit between the recessed hole on the shaft and the "nub" on the motor case.
            Or you could also try a slight tap across the shaft with the plastic end of a small screw driver to shear it off versus using torque under the flange.
            They aren't glued on.;)
            Warbird Charlie
            HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Amazing thank you so much! I will get on that shortly.

Comment

• Having problems with landing gear, very intermittent. One wheel down hit and miss for both to come down. Ideas?

Comment

• try loosening off the screws that mount the L/G to the wing. I had the same thing with some of my birds, you'll find that one of the screws will tend to pinch it too tight, a small shim between the gear and the wing can solve that. Also, I know that when I changed out the retract sides, I had to play with the screws that hold the unit together (through the retract sides) as overthightening them can cause gear retract failure as well, they just have to be snug, not tight.

Hope that helps.

Grossman56
                  Team Gross!

Comment

• Also if you you are flying off of grass or have had some hard landings the gear gets bent and needs to be tweeked back in place. Most common especially if there was no trouble out of the box and before you started flying it. Flying off of grass really requires good landing because of the force and drag of the grass and then compound that with some bouncey landings is a sure fire recipe for gear hanging. If flying off smooth runway some landing hiting hard will also do the trick. If you haven't been flying it though then the advice Dan gave you is pretty spot on.
                    Dewey l

Comment

• okay, fellas, i need a little help here,,, Battery Placement, 4c,3300 a 4c 4000 admiral

Comment

• Fly my Admiral 4000 as far forward as I can get it practically.....works for me!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dewey H Lee View Post
                          Also if you you are flying off of grass or have had some hard landings the gear gets bent and needs to be tweeked back in place. Most common especially if there was no trouble out of the box and before you started flying it. Flying off of grass really requires good landing because of the force and drag of the grass and then compound that with some bouncey landings is a sure fire recipe for gear hanging. If flying off smooth runway some landing hiting hard will also do the trick. If you haven't been flying it though then the advice Dan gave you is pretty spot on.
                          Is that something other people can confirm? Having read this thread, I was just about to pull the trigger, but then I read this statement that annoys me. I've been flying the Eflite Razorback for 9 months with some 100+ flights and 300+ landings, all of them on grass and not all of them smoothly. No bent legs at all so far, the only thing I experienced were some stress cracks in the foam of the wing, which I repaired with some glue before worse things happen. The legs of my Durafly Mk5b Spit are very sensitive, I would subscribe to the a.m. statement wrt the DF Spit. Is it really also true for the FLRC 1200mm Spit?

Comment

• great day to get out early

Comment

• Plano0412. Dont get me wrong please. The gear are as strong as they come and with anytbing there are limits and thats what i was trying to point out for gear to start hanging and not function reliably after use. No foam airplane i own has not developed some sort of quirk after numerous flights from my home field. It is very rough and uneven with potholes ( been trying to get them to get a load of dirt and i would fix). So no there not bullet proof but they are pretty darn good. Hope this clarifies things a little better. And i really proud myself on my landings. Cheers my friend dont let it stop you from getting one.:)
                              Dewey l

Comment

• I just placed my order . looking forward to getting this plane . I already have the sea fury. hope this is as good

Comment

• Ryan what is the correct CG of the flightline spitfire 1200mm

Comment

• It’s in the manual....I put my admiral 4000 all the way up to firewall...Happy with it...

Comment

• Just started on my Spitfire, going for a total repaint in Russian Scheme...Wanted to do something different and my first foam repaint and mod, starting off by giving the whole thing approx 6 coats of Poly and sand between coats, will give updates as the project continues. Click image for larger version

Name:	dbd770d2f6e6653c3b947d0f84b28fa8.jpg
Views:	577
Size:	70.3 KB
ID:	243294
                                      Attached Files

Comment

• Tnscoot, Great looking livery. Мне нравится, как вы думаете, сэр. Best, LB
                                        I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                                        ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                                        ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Got it all coated with Polyurethane and wet sanded, and Primed. Click image for larger version

Name:	20200321_080901.jpg
Views:	707
Size:	103.0 KB
ID:	243551

Comment

Working...
                                          X