X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official FlightLine RC 1200mm Spitfire Mk.IXc Thread

Motion RC is proud to announce the fourth warbird from FlightLineRC, the Spitfire Mk.IXc! One of aviation history's most elegant and deadly fighters, the Spitfire is a classic that is renowned all across the world. Under "Project Excalibur", we have been secretly developing this model aircraft for the past year, refining its handling and features to provide a scale experience and smooth handling at a competitive cost. The model is currently in mass production, and we've decided to begin a pre-order for it. Reserve yours today!

http://www.motionrc.com/flightlinerc...-wingspan-pnp/

The Supermarine Spitfire is arguably the most iconic RAF fighter of World War II. Renowned both for its beauty and its warfighting utility, over 20,000 Spitfires were produced over a period of 10 years in more than 20 variants. The Spitfire’s versatility was unmatched, as it served in many roles in all major theatres. From a front line fighter to high altitude inceptor, including roles as a reconnaissance platform and fighter bomber, the Spitfire was the backbone of the Royal Air Force after the Battle of Britain. Powered by Rolls-Royce Merlin and later Griffon engines, the Spitfire maintained an edge throughout the war as a superior warplane.

To honor this aircraft and the heroic crews who served with it, FlightLine presents its Supermarine Spitfire in the popular Mk.IX variant. Constructed using EPO foam and painted with matte finish scale colors, this 1200mm wingspan model uses carbon tubes and plastic parts to reinforce the removable wings and control surfaces for durable handling. The wing and elevator can be easily removed in seconds for convenient transport. FlightLine captures the Spitfire Mk.IX’s beautiful classic lines including an accurate cowl shape, exhaust stacks, tapered fuselage and accurate canopy outline complete with a scale rear view mirror. Split flaps, radiators, two optional air filters, and two optional decal sets are included in the box to provide pilots with multiple customizing options. Choose from either Commander Pierre Clostermann’s LO-D or Lt. Colonel James “Johnnie” Johnson’s JE-J.

FlightLine’s Spitfire Mk.IX features a scale four bladed propeller and 580kv motor to achieve satisfying scale performance at 135kph/83mph top speeds. An optional two bladed power system (sold separately) can be purchased to reach 150kph/93mph level speeds on the same 4s 14.8v battery.

The Spitfire also features oversized retracts with metal trunions and metal reinforcing plates. Slightly oversized tires and forward rake help to minimize nose overs. With the Admiral 4s 2500 mAh battery we obtain 5-6 minutes of mixed throttle scale flight. The model can also accommodate an Admiral 4s 3000mAh or even Admiral 4s 4000mAh battery for longer flight times.

Features:
    • Removable main wing/elevator for easy transport
    • High power motor for speeds up to 135kph/83mph
    • Intuitive internal structural design for optimized cooling of all electronics in the fuselage from the nose to the tail
    • Large cabin space for easy placement of the battery and radio equipment
    • Built-in flat spot near the CG for optimal placement of a gyro (optional, sold separately)
    • Improved spinner and propeller mounting design to enable better balance
    • Tall foam rubber 65mm diameter main wheels and additional forward rake angle for operating on short grass runways
    • Electric retractable landing gear with metal trunions, metal reinforcement plate and 4mm steel wire struts
    • Optional two bladed propeller Sport Power System (sold separately) to achieve speeds up to 155kph/96mph
    Upgrade Option:
    • There is an optional two bladed propeller Sport Power System (sold separately) to achieve speeds up to 155kph/96mph. This Sport Power System includes: 3648-880kV motor, 12x8 2 blade propeller, and matching 2 bladed spinner. This Sport Power System is suitable for all 1100-1200mm wingspan warbirds from the FlightLineRC brand. Click the upgrades tab above for more info.
    Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Very nice!

John

Comment

This model has been flying for months in secret. We'll have "Project Excalibur" at the Apollo Fun Fly on April 9-10 available for test flights for anyone who wants to try the latest from FlightLineRC!

Comment

Hello Pilots, Just a heads up. These models by FlightLineRC are beautifully done, I'd recommend these over any other brand. The Spitfire is a Fantastic flyer with a multitude of aerobatics it can perform. I know, others at the field will want this one! Very nice products are coming available these days! Enjoy, Matt M

Comment

I have yet to own a Spit, and since I am a sucker for scale fidelity it looks like the wait was worth it. This will be a fun one to add to my hangar this Summer.
            My YouTube RC videos:
            https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

I have flown several Spitfires from Dynam, Durafly and Hangar 9 60 and this one here is just amazing in detail and at a price you can not beat. Spits fly so cleanly and do all basic aerobatics with ease. Take off and landings not even one sweat bead is needed LoL. If you are on the side lines do not be just jump inside and pre order this one it will prop your enthusiasm to the next level. FLIGHTLINE BABY come get some!!!

Comment

Here's a picture showing the Flightline 1200mm Spitfire next to a Durafly 1100mm P-40N which I also enjoy flying.
                Attached Files

Comment

Want want want!!!

Comment

I have 2-durafly spits with the latest one being the MK. It is just a great flyer with many details. I must say I am going to have to get this one as well. The price is just too good to pass up.

Comment

Will this be available in the UK? If so, when? Will
                      Currently Fly: Durafly Spitfire MkVb, Eflite P47 1100mm, Parkzone FW190A-8, Parkzone SE5a, Dynam Tiger Moth, Eleven Hobby Bearcat, Parkzone Mosquito MKVI, Durafly Tundra
                      Unflyable: Durafly Sea Vixen, Parkzone T28 (In temporary storage in tree)
                      Retired: Hobbyzone Delta Ray 'Frankenplane'
                      Wanted: Freewing A4

Comment

I've had the pleasure of flying the FlightlineRC Spitfire Mk. IXc several times this month and it is a fantastic flying model, with outstanding scale features. Reliability, stunning scale looks, outstanding flight characteristics, and exceptional price point...she's a winner guys!

As always, another outstanding offering from Motion RC.

Comment

Very nice.......I must have this plane

Comment

Jimbobtheflimbob, we are working to make this model available in Europe as well. I do not have any confirmed information at this time, but rest assured if/when an arrangement can be made with a distributor that ensures the FlightLine product is both delivered quickly and serviced fully in Europe, we'll make the appropriate announcement here and on our website.

Comment

Thanks. There is a shop called sussex model centre which seems to be listing th flightlinerc products. Is this official?
                              Will
                              Currently Fly: Durafly Spitfire MkVb, Eflite P47 1100mm, Parkzone FW190A-8, Parkzone SE5a, Dynam Tiger Moth, Eleven Hobby Bearcat, Parkzone Mosquito MKVI, Durafly Tundra
                              Unflyable: Durafly Sea Vixen, Parkzone T28 (In temporary storage in tree)
                              Retired: Hobbyzone Delta Ray 'Frankenplane'
                              Wanted: Freewing A4

Comment

Awesome!!!!

Comment

The Spitfire is my favorite plane! I'm a bit particular when it comes to them and bought my first one in December (well...got it for Christmas)...the Durafly Mk1a...its very very well done and the first foam one offered that was done well enough to really do a Spitty justice in my opinion, but its really small. This one looks very promising too and is a bit bigger, but I fear I'm seeing something I really don't want to see and I hope I'm not seeing it right. There's no photos of the bottom of the plane...and the one that slightly shows the gear seems to show that the geometry is way off as many brands have done in the past. Does the gear retract straight out like the Dynam and old FMS one instead of out and back like the full scale Spitfire? Man I hope I'm seeing that wrong...

SM
                                  Big time propeller head
                                  Love flying scale and 3D
                                  Currently building a GP SE5A

Comment

Outstanding! There hasn't been good scale Spitfire for a long time. She looks gorgeous!

Comment

I really enjoyed flying this one a few weeks back when I was down south. I enjoyed even more the chance to shoot some photos of Alpha demonstrating its capabilities.

Comment

Here's an oldie but a goodie from 3 years ago with the old parkzone spitfire. I can't wait to get my hands on this bigger and better Flightline spit. Go easy on me guys. We didn't have good cameras yet at all, not even close.

Comment

Working...
                                        X