X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E Flite Spitfire

I see the E flite Spitfires are in stock, has anyone bought one yet? I'd be interested in hearing what you think of her, sounds like an interesting plane to fly.

Grossman56
    Team Gross!

I see the new eflite spitfire is in stock I'm interested to hear how it performs on that 5 blade prop. I'm sure it's a quality plane hopefully they'll offer a 2 blade spinner option.

Comment

Sorry Farm, I tried merging the two topics as I didn't see yours, first time I've tried that. Didn't mean to take over your thread.
      Still, I think we're both looking for the same info, so lets see what comes about.

Grossman56
      Team Gross!

Comment

Gman I tried to start a topic on this one yesterday but got no response. I'll be really interested to see how that 5 blade prop does and if they'll offer a spinner option for a 2 blade prop. I'm sure it will be a good quality plane otherwise. All the Parkzone/Eflite planes that I have are good I've never had an issue with any of them.

Comment

That's what I'm thinking. Its a great alternative to the Flightline and with the AS3X in it, I'm thinking it would be a great plane for the wife as well as she transitions to something a little bigger. I'm thinking that she's used to the SAFE technology and this might be the answer.
          Personally, it looks like a great plane to fly for me as well as you can shut the SAFE off and it becomes a warbird with a gyro in her, which is the same as my other warbirds the AR 636 interests me, just to compare it to the A3L gyros.

Grossman56
          Team Gross!

Comment

I have no experience with the A3L but the AS3X just helps smooth it out but doesn't seem to keep you from doing anything you want to do. The ones I have that came 4 blade props flew ok but we're kinda slow and used up a lot of battery compared to the 2 blade option. The P47 and Dallas Doll were noticeably faster and I got 2 minutes more flight time on the 9.5x7.5 two blade prop. I'm sure the bigger eflite planes will be the same with an appropriate 2 blade option. By the way I'm not into speed demons I just like them to be fast enough to feel comfortable while flying.

Comment

Same with me. I upgraded my two FMS P 51's to 580kv's and they perform perfectly. I don't fly with the throttle flat out, but I like the idea that its there if I want to push it. Weight was the factor in putting a 650kv in Old Crow and it looks as if My Little Gal II, may need that as well, we'll see.
              It just seems to me that this Spitfire may be doomed to play second fiddle to the Flightline Spit, and I'm curious as to how it really stands up. We'll see if anyone fills us in.
              It'll be something I bring up with Ryan when I see him.

Grossman56
              Team Gross!

Comment

This plane looks interesting, but for me the prop is just too small. Stock is a 10" diameter, and 13.4" would be scale. The 12" 5 blade from the Avios Sea fury might look right on it though.. I'm sure it wouldn't bother many other people, but for me it throws off the look of the plane. Throw in a Dynam 650 kv motor, and I'm sure it would move nicely. In the mean time, I'll hold off on it. Plenty of projects to finish up for the moment. The subject is really neat though, you rarely see a MK XIV Spitfire modeled.

Comment

It's something different, that's true, good idea about the Avios Sea Fury prop, I thought the blades looked a little short as well. I'd like to see this Spit fly. If its half way decent in stock config, it may well be worth a few mods, certainly didn't hurt the P 38 to do some modding.

Grossman56
                  Team Gross!

Comment

Another option, albeit quit expensive, is that Varioprop carries a 13.9" 5 blade with left hand rotation. A bit of trimming and one could have scale diameter and rotation. But I would really have to love the plane first before dropping that kind of money on a prop. Although I did swap to a vario on my Avios Sea Fury with no regrets.

Comment

what is the difference between the flightline and the eflight spits? at first I thought they were made by the same company just different distribution but not so sure now. what the real story on them?

Comment

Originally posted by Ron1950 View Post
                        what is the difference between the flightline and the eflight spits? at first I thought they were made by the same company just different distribution but not so sure now. what the real story on them?
                        They are completely different models. The flightline is Mk9 vs the Eflite is a MK14. The eflite has a 5 blade prop and AS3X, and is more expensive. Both are pretty good in terms of scale detail. You might be referring to speculation that the eflight was designed by FMS. There has been a lot of speculation of this over on the "other" forum, but was not confirmed.

Comment

Definitely different manufacturers and different marks as well. The scale is almost the same. Flightline doesn't come with a receiver/stabilizer so hence the difference in the price. By the time you bought the AR636 and the Flightline Spit, it would be comparable.
                          I've watched the video from E Flite and it looks like an interesting plane, I'd like to see Ryan try it out and give his opinion, although Ryan can fly a brick and make It look good!!

Grossman56
                          Team Gross!

Comment

I have one of the new Eflite Spits on preorder, and it just shipped yesterday. I hope to have it in the next couple of days. If it flies anything like my 1.2m P-51 from Eflite, it will be a joy! I will provide a flight report once I get it.

Comment

Wow. I was just checking out the video from e-flight and they had on the screen fully adjustable safe. Does this mean that you can finally program the receiver instead of it being locked for just that plane.
                              Dewey l

Comment

I am really happy with my E-Flite Mustang. E-Flite is producing some fine, durable planes. I'm sure the Spit is a good one. Doc

Comment

Grossman - you are an EVIL EVIL man -Being from the UK I have liked the idea of a British warbird. I thought this plane was just AS3X and now you tell me it has Safe Select in it. I think if I can keep my planes flying without crashes I may have to look at this down the road. :-)

Comment

Flew one last weekend , bottom line flies great just like all the 1.2 mm stuff.

Mike
                                    \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

Originally posted by MikeT View Post
                                      Flew one last weekend , bottom line flies great just like all the 1.2 mm stuff.

Mike
                                      How is the speed and flight time? I'm sure the flight characteristics are good.

Comment

Just received mine late this week. Some snafu with the delivery, but it arrived in good shape, no damage, and looks great. I have not built it yet, and have at least one in front of it that I really want to build. It is an Eflite ARF Taylorcraft. As much as I love warbirds, these high-wing civilian planes are my go to planes for relaxing, fun, and stress free flying.

Comment

Working...
                                        X