Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You messed me up for a moment Dan when you said Tiger........I'm thinking noooooo the Tiger(cat) is 4S and the Warhawk is 6S but then I slap myself and say DUH "AVG Flying Tigers" :Silly: LOL
    Yeah it should be a barn burner with that Razor powerplant and yes they both have retained rights for a spot on the Warbird rollin hangar/bunkhouse to NEFI
    Was gonna maiden it today but the ESC is acting stupid and have never come across this before. The 70A FMS ESC just pulses,stutters and bucks when applying power like it is out of time. I hook 4S power to it and no problem.
    Have reprogrammed it every which way but to no avail. Seems this particular ESC just don't like 6S trons coursing thru it. :Confused:
    Warbird Charlie
    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Their ways are strange my friend. Maybe best to use an aftermarket, like the Mantis or you could go the FMS Pitts ESC.
      Funny, now that I think about it because I thought I read where someone had flown the Flying Tiger on 6s using the stock motor/esc.
      Oh wait, its on the spare parts list on the FT
      https://www.motionrc.com/products/fm...c-with-5a-sbec
      Read,where it says its good from 2s to 6s.
      Hmmmm..

Grossman56
      Team Gross!

Comment

• Hi everyone. I'm new to the FMS line of planes, and just got my P47 form Motion today. Nice plane, and went together nicely.

I'm having an issues getting my Spektrum DX6 and AS3X to work in this plane. Flaps not working and channels are now swapping inputs. Is there a setup procedure I could follow for this? I did a search on this here, but that yielded me nothing...

Thanks for any help!

Comment

• Also, does anybody know how your servo wires and throttle wires were labeled? Mine is different than my other planes I have. They have Ch1 as Ailerons, Ch2 as Elevator, Ch3 as Throttle, Ch4 as Rudder, Ch5 as Gear and Ch 6 as Flaps.

Comment

• Originally posted by WAY BAD View Post
            Also, does anybody know how your servo wires and throttle wires were labeled? Mine is different than my other planes I have. They have Ch1 as Ailerons, Ch2 as Elevator, Ch3 as Throttle, Ch4 as Rudder, Ch5 as Gear and Ch 6 as Flaps.
            Mine are labeled the same but the Channels being identified is basically inconsequential anymore.
            A channel on a Spektrum may or may not be the same as on a Futaba or any other brand.
            Plus with these programmable Tx you can move channel/ports around whereas you could plug an aileron into for example what is typically a flap position which usually was port/channel 6
            Just plug the labeled control surface connector(ie aileron throttle etc) into its corresponding labeled port on the receiver and forget that old school channeling. ;)
            Warbird Charlie
            HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Welcome to Hobby Squawk WB!

Can you post a pic of your receiver?
              TiredIron Aviation
              Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• So talked to Michael this morning at Motion. He and I seem to think the circuit board in the plane is messed up. So he's sending me one out this morning, and I paid to have it over nighted. Should be here tomorrow hopefully.

Here's a pic of the Rx...

Click image for larger version

Name:	as3x rx.jpg
Views:	424
Size:	88.8 KB
ID:	73392
                Attached Files

Comment

• Man I hope that does the trick.

Comment

• You and me both! The ESC also went south in this bird today as well. This thing must have been built on a Friday! I tell ya, if it wasn't for bad luck..

Is there anywhere I can find a good setup for this thing using my Spektrum? Since the manual only mentions measurements of throws and not percentages.

Comment

• I would just get a ruler and measure it out. Hobbyco makes a throw meter too if you want to get dead on. If I had to bet I would say 55% low 75%high

Comment

• This is my first scale plane. My others are 3D, so the throws on them are like 100% low and 125% high. I didn't figure a scale bird would have that kind of numbers.

Comment

• Ah so if you're into 3D, you might find those sluggish after a bit. I've never used the manual recommend throws on my warbirds, always left them at 100%. Just added 35%expo and called it good on all surfaces. But this being a first time warbird. Start with the recommendation feel it out then do what you feel will fit your flight style. :)

Comment

• You will definitely need all the aerlon throw if you want a decent roll rate but i just went with the book on all the rest. Plane Flys great that way. Just be on the sticks and toes landing. Grease it or bounce. Thats the best description i can use. Im a pretty good intermediate and an instructor and very accomplished 3d pilot and friend at the field has to consentrate getting this bird on the grass deck without bouncing. Goodluck hope this helps.
                            Dewey l

Comment

• Originally posted by Dewey H Lee View Post
                              You will definitely need all the aerlon throw if you want a decent roll rate but i just went with the book on all the rest. Plane Flys great that way. Just be on the sticks and toes landing. Grease it or bounce. Thats the best description i can use. Im a pretty good intermediate and an instructor and very accomplished 3d pilot and friend at the field has to consentrate getting this bird on the grass deck without bouncing. Goodluck hope this helps.
                              Good burst of throttle right before landing helps with the bounce!
                              AMA 1102566

Comment

• Everytime ive tried that i ended up with the plane back in the air. This plane really flies light.
                                Dewey l

Comment

• I just fly her onto the ground with a bit of speed and then let her roll out until the tail drops and she's almost at a stop. I think the 5800mah batteries help tremendously. I have then shoved all the way forward and the CG is perfect setup for landing. Also programmed in a few percent of down with the flaps. Hope that helps....

Comment

• Does motion carry the ball ends for this? I needed to adjust my rudder and mine cracked and I Wont trust it now. I did not see the ball ends on the site. Maybe I am blind though.
                                    AMA 1102566

Comment

• Alright, so finally got this bird in the air. I see everyone talking about how well this plane flies. I'm having trouble getting this thing to take off smooth, and my landings, holy smokes it's a hand full compared to what I'm used to.

I'm having a big time issue with the plane wanting to stall left wing down on take off. On my landing approach, I'll be lined up perfect for my landing, and it starts veering off to the right every time. I'm used to landing with no power with my other planes.

So my questions to you guys that flies scale birds. Do these planes not like to land with no power? On take off, I was told by a guy at the local hobby shop here, that you do not use full power on take offs when flying a Warbird. Is that a true statement with this plane as well?

Any advice will be greatly appreciated, as I'm pretty discouraged at the moment with this plane. I fly on my Real Flight sim, and I have no issues at all flying scale planes. I know it's a lot different, but dang I figured it would be closer than this. I though I was a decent enough RC pilot to try my hands at a scale bird. Not so sure of that at this point in time...

I got to thinking, maybe this isn't the plane I should have started with to learn scale flying. If that is a true statement, do any of you experienced guys have a better plane that I should start with?

Comment

• Oh yeah you definitely need to fly her in under power or she will stall big time. On take off, I go full power with my birds. Just don't pull it off the ground, let it fly off or you will run the risk of stalling on takeoff.

Comment

• Well, there's 2 of my problems. Thank you for the info sir!

Comment

Working...
                                          X