Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One other tip also. If your flying off of grass especially if its not cut close you need to dump the flaps as soon as you can at touchdown. That will help with the tendency for it wanting to take back off. Its really flies light. I use to seem to bounce a little even with what looked like a greased landing until i started dumping the flaps as soon as i touch.:Whew::)

Dewey l

Comment

• Appreciate the info guys!

Comment

• I do the same on asphalut with the flaps. This plane really needs brakes.
        AMA 1102566

Comment

• Yea she really likes to roll with those ball bearing in the wheels.;)
          Dewey l

Comment

• You can get the hang of it just as it sits on the ground. If you pull elevator for instance and, because you may have old guy thumbs like some of us or your tendons just happen to pull a bit to the side as you move backwards or forwards, a bit of expo will stop your ailerons from twitching, giving you a smooth non mixed input. Some of my birds are more sensitive than others, why, I can;t explain, some are 25% and with the Tigercat for instance, I found that she flew (my control inputs were) better with 33%. Now, that I can chalk up to new plane jitters and will probably readjust that after the novelty of having her wears off.

Grossman56
            Team Gross!

Comment

• Hey guys, coming from 3D Planes and the Durafly Warbirds, I noticed this bird flys much slower. In some videos I've seen this plane looks like it can pack a punch and some even describe "unlimited vertical", which I cant seem to even attempt without seeing it stall out. It just seems like Im not getting full power out of it. Even the guys at the field think its really slow and nimble, almost like a trainer or Cub plane.

Do you guys think im not programming the throttle correctly? I noticed on my DX7 that the throttle trim is in the middle, which is normal to me. Should this be higher or at his lowest value when configuring the throttle for the first time? I've never really had to fool with my throttle settings on any of my models.

Comment

• Calibrate your ESC ?
                Remove the prop, plug in the battery, advance your throttle all the way then turn on the radio wait for it to beep the pull the throttle all the way back and it'll beep normally (cell count)

Grossman56
                Team Gross!

Comment

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
                  Calibrate your ESC ?
                  Remove the prop, then turn on the radio and advance your throttle all the way up, then plug in the battery and wait for it to beep twice then pull the throttle all the way back down, it should then go through the normal cell count.

Grossman56
                  Fixed it for you...;)
                  TiredIron Aviation
                  Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Does anyone here know a good source of info on the placement of the nomenclature decals from Callie?

Comment

• It's starting to look like a Thunderbolt. Still needs some weathering and some details added, but I should be able to maiden this weekend.

Comment

• Do any of you fellow P-47 owners have a set of these you would like to sell?

Comment

• I finally got to fly the P-47 yesterday. I'm happy to report all went well. It flew great, just a few clicks of elevator to trim it and it landed like it was on rails. Another FMS winner in my hanger.

Comment

• I love mine to. Were you flying off of a rough grass field or a hard surface. I really have to be light on the sticks coming in on our rough grass field to prevent the dreaded bounce. The power is so good though that nailing the throttle and coming back around is no problem with this bird. I long to have a smooth surface or at least geotect to fly off of but there are no fields around like that. Glad you like the P47 as much as i do and agree FMS is on the dot with this one.:Cool::)
                            Dewey l

Comment

• Originally posted by Dewey H Lee View Post
                              I love mine to. Were you flying off of a rough grass field or a hard surface. I really have to be light on the sticks coming in on our rough grass field to prevent the dreaded bounce. The power is so good though that nailing the throttle and coming back around is no problem with this bird. I long to have a smooth surface or at least geotect to fly off of but there are no fields around like that. Glad you like the P47 as much as i do and agree FMS is on the dot with this one.:Cool::)
                              I fly from grass, but it is kept cut short, between 1 and 1.5 inches. Our club flies from a field owned by the county parks and recreation department. We are adjacent to a county golf course and the head grounds keeper stops by a couple of times a year and aerates, applies sand and seed and rolls the field for us. Then we just keep it cut.

The few landings I have had so far have been uneventful. I generally land with about 30% flaps and try to hold the plane level just above the ground and let it bleed off speed and settle onto the wheels.

Jim

Comment

• Thats cool Wvarilfan. Our field is in the middle of a field that is actually owned by one of my distant cousins and is mowed by a company that is suppose to mow once a week at there discretion. Seems there discretion is more on monday than friday.:Confused:I haven't quite figured that one out yet but you know how it is. Most guys or should i say all the guys besides me fly mostly large gas and nitro planes. It puts me in a bind when im wanting to fly a foam plane. Most of the time i only load a couple foam planes and a couple nitro planes and if we have had alot of rain im storage charging when i get home. Man you are lucky. Also half way down our field is a slope you have to contend with. Anyhow great field you have. Wish it was my club.:Cool:
                                Dewey l

Comment

• Took mine up this morning post surgery. Amazing flight. Nice landing but on the taxi back the right landing gear mount pulled out AGAIN and took a piece of the upper wing with it. Just gonna get a new wing and reinforce the area with balsa or polystyrene I guess
                                  AMA 1102566

Comment

• Also has anyone noticed then when the retract close it lifts the mounting plastic pocket out of the foam or tried too.
                                    AMA 1102566

Comment

• Flew the doors off mine today. I brought my walker out to were I fly and converted it into a chair. I swear I looked like a gimp with my ACL brace locked at 90 sitting in my chair with my cooler on my side and 6 battery packs at my side. I flew 6 packs through her today and she is a dream to fly. My only concern is her tendency to not want to land. It will just hang 2 feet off the deck happily until I run out of runway. I dont like the foam at all. Its light and thats cool but it is to soft even with a coat of pva/hobby coat on her.
                                      AMA 1102566

Comment

• Agreed, foam is super soft. I also don't like the lack of support above the retract servos either. They crack the top of the wings if you have a not so smooth of a landing.

Comment

• I've been lucky with my landings, even hard ones havent done any ugly damage. Unfortunately most of my issues have been more hardware related. Had 3 servos including the left Landing Gear go out. E-clips for the wheels which resulted in a wheel well covers breaking off.

In regards to landing, I always had issues with overshooting my landing, especially with EDF's. I remember my instructor suggesting that I trick myself to thinking im going to land before the runway. So I started to shoot for landing on the grass before the runway and eventually i started landing right on point.

Comment

Working...
                                          X