Motion RC Gift Cards - The Perfect Gift!

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official FMS 1500mm P-47D Razorback Thread

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post
    A few photos of my P-47 flying in some nasty weather last weekend. Unfortunately, in the last flight, I ran into some nasty low altitude turbulence, and ended up falling short of the runway by about a foot. The gear hit the edge of the runway and ripped out, prop broke, and broke the firewall free. It will be repaired, but it may take a while to get everything back together.
    DeltaDart, it is a lovely paint job mate, very well done.
    Tolga
    Instagram: @_t01ga_
    YouTube: t01ga

Comment

• Currently working on my black Friday project, while a friend is doing the Flightline Spitfire. Will be fun to fly side by side.
      Still some airbrush and detailing to do. Gun and exhaust is not yet ready.
      Thank you all for your tips and tricks in this thread. Helping a lot.
      Andy
      Click image for larger version

Name:	20191130_205625 Kopie.jpg
Views:	972
Size:	123.4 KB
ID:	220944

Name:	20191130_205523 Kopie.jpg
Views:	896
Size:	133.6 KB
ID:	220945

Comment

• Wobisch Your subtle weathering looks quite realistic, very nicely done! Have you maidened it already, or will both of you be going up for the first time at the same time?
        Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• the weathering was done with the "washing" method. No airbrush yet. I used some paint from vallejo called "Model Wash". Grey, light grey and terra. Applied several layers.

I think I'm waiting for a double maiden. Currently it's a bit cold here anyway. Meanwhile I'm going to finish the Tomcat.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20191130_205553.jpg Views:	0 Size:	104.4 KB ID:	220962

Comment

• Wobisch Even more impressive that it's a wash, not an airbrush! I usually don't have good experiences with washes on foam because they tend to accentuate the foam cells, but you've obviously mastered this technique, regardless.
            Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• My buddy and I. Ready for new year.

Both maiden went well.

Name:	20200105_143724 Kopie.jpg
Views:	857
Size:	127.6 KB
ID:	226437

Name:	20200105_144158 Kopie.jpg
Views:	861
Size:	310.8 KB
ID:	226438

Comment

• MRC now shows this Bonnie in 1500mm as dis-continued with no real parts availability. I may have just bought the very last one and it's still NIB.
                AMA-1162306
                With more planes than should be legal

Comment

• You can still get one at Hobby Zone.

Comment

• Originally posted by farmflyer View Post
                    You can still get one at Hobby Zone.
                    And Horizon Hobby or direct from FMS Model

Now to the real reason for visiting the thread. NEED the STRUT LENGTH from axle to top of strut
                    Thinking of using it on the main gear of the E-flite CZ T-28
                    Warbird Charlie
                    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	3E4CCFC1-DF54-43E9-98D3-F08DB7F6467D.jpeg
Views:	680
Size:	147.5 KB
ID:	248840Click image for larger version

Name:	01812360-C9EA-4ABD-8BE4-F4451C215811.jpeg
Views:	690
Size:	72.3 KB
ID:	248839Click image for larger version

Name:	80F056D6-2D6D-43C0-8113-103597157584.jpeg
Views:	662
Size:	141.4 KB
ID:	248838Click image for larger version

Name:	A18ADF39-7AA7-4340-A7F5-EEA6D01DC3C1.jpeg
Views:	650
Size:	78.8 KB
ID:	248837Click image for larger version

Name:	F724987B-C42F-4C7A-806E-34E1D0272AC9.jpeg
Views:	681
Size:	96.4 KB
ID:	248836Click image for larger version

Name:	060D4F44-3DBF-4039-96AF-ACFC0F88ACD1.jpeg
Views:	675
Size:	90.7 KB
ID:	248835Click image for larger version

Name:	A39A0E05-3273-4B3E-96FD-0E40AA06EC24.jpeg
Views:	687
Size:	72.4 KB
ID:	248834 Cockpit upgrade is complete!
                      Tolga

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	AF67B5FB-1BC8-4CB2-A003-7C64ED0BAA42.jpeg
Views:	731
Size:	96.0 KB
ID:	250504 Landing light added. Regrettably it is not retractable.

Name:	9685EB4C-F82D-44DB-A81E-CE1A71D25AEA.jpeg
Views:	732
Size:	84.5 KB
ID:	250503
                        Tolga

Comment

• t01ga If your landing light is regrettably non retractable maybe take a step back and redo it

Did you know that the Freewing 1410mm Mustang has retractable landing lights and that you can get them as spare parts
                          Here's the direct links:

Best regards,
                          Warbird Charlie
                          HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• OV10 No I wouldn’t know that as I don’t care much about P-51s. Never had one and I doubt I ever will. However I appreciate the tip as those lights are cool. I might do that on my spare one in the box.
                            Tolga

Comment

• Around 6 months ago, I had an in flight motor failure with my P-47 and ended up landing short of the runway. After replacing the motor bearings and repairing substantial motor mount damage, it sat on the shelf for a long time. Yesterday, I finally got it down and started the tedious process of re-masking the checkerboard. After 5 hrs of work with masking tape and post its, the cowling is finally looking good as new. Can’t wait to get it in the air again!

Comment

I was working on the "floating plug mod" on the RH wing when i accidentally unplugged the connector from the two servo leads coming out of the fuselage. After plugging them back in, now the only thing that works on the wing is the nav light. No gear, no aileron and no flap. I moved the left wing over to the right side, plugged that in, and it worked fine. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Comment

• I used to have a 1500mm P-47D razorback from FMS that I really enjoyed flying. I repainted it to a plane called "I Wanted Wings/Button Nose" that flew with the 56th Fighter Group out of England in WWII. Unfortunately, it went in a long time ago, and I recently got the urge to buy a new one to replace that one, and in the same colors. I've started in with the cockpit, just some minor changes like updating to a scale color for the cockpit, enhancing the K-14 gunsight a little, just basically cleaning up the cockpit some for a better look. Also added a armored glass representation that goes in the front of the windscreen on the razorbacks. I'll probably maiden it in present form, and then go to work on repainting it to the desired livery that I'm doing. I'll attach a few pics I just took of the cockpit area.
                                  Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by t01ga View Post

Name:	AF67B5FB-1BC8-4CB2-A003-7C64ED0BAA42.jpeg
Views:	731
Size:	96.0 KB
ID:	250504 Landing light added. Regrettably it is not retractable.

Name:	9685EB4C-F82D-44DB-A81E-CE1A71D25AEA.jpeg
Views:	732
Size:	84.5 KB
ID:	250503
                                    Neat looking plane and like the added landing light. For what it's worth, if you're looking for true scale appearance, the landing light would be just behind the main landing gear door on the left wing, not in front of it. But then, I guess you wouldn't be able to see it as well as where you placed it. Still looks cool, even if it doesn't retract/deploy.

Comment

• Originally posted by davegee View Post
                                      I used to have a 1500mm P-47D razorback from FMS that I really enjoyed flying. I repainted it to a plane called "I Wanted Wings/Button Nose" that flew with the 56th Fighter Group out of England in WWII. Unfortunately, it went in a long time ago, and I recently got the urge to buy a new one to replace that one, and in the same colors. I've started in with the cockpit, just some minor changes like updating to a scale color for the cockpit, enhancing the K-14 gunsight a little, just basically cleaning up the cockpit some for a better look. Also added a armored glass representation that goes in the front of the windscreen on the razorbacks. I'll probably maiden it in present form, and then go to work on repainting it to the desired livery that I'm doing. I'll attach a few pics I just took of the cockpit area.
                                      Got a successful maiden on my FMS 1500mm P-47 today. It went pretty well, just did one flight to make sure it was reasonably in trim. I had to add a lot of down elevator trim and some left aileron trim to even things out, but it is a great flyer, as my last one was. The takeoff was a "non-event" with that wide gear stance, and the landing was about as good as I can do for the first try. I'll attach a few pics, post maiden. I've already started on the repaint with the rudder and nose cowl, and will now start removing all the markings and prepping it for primer and paint. Due to the cold (23 degrees and snow showers in the area) I was satisfied with the one flight before starting in on the repaint.
                                      Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by davegee View Post

Got a successful maiden on my FMS 1500mm P-47 today. It went pretty well, just did one flight to make sure it was reasonably in trim. I had to add a lot of down elevator trim and some left aileron trim to even things out, but it is a great flyer, as my last one was. The takeoff was a "non-event" with that wide gear stance, and the landing was about as good as I can do for the first try. I'll attach a few pics, post maiden. I've already started on the repaint with the rudder and nose cowl, and will now start removing all the markings and prepping it for primer and paint. Due to the cold (23 degrees and snow showers in the area) I was satisfied with the one flight before starting in on the repaint.
                                        I'm still working on the repaint of my FMS 1500mm P-47. This thread has been around for a long time, not sure if there is any interest, but I'll post some in-progress pics in case that might help anyone who is thinking of doing their own paint scheme change to an airplane that they have.

I stripped off all the stickers from the original stock airplane. Of course, it took the paint with it, so I did some light sanding prep, then covered with a thin layer of Evercoat Metal Glaze putty, bought at a automobile paint shop. I like using this stuff, it goes on thin, sands well, and is pretty light. This took any scars from the paint pull off with the stickers to a minimum.

I then sprayed the entire model with Rustoleum 2X white primer from Home Depot. This was a good base coat, and also would be the surface for the large invasion stripes on the wings and fuselage. After taping off the areas to remain white, I sprayed the upper parts of the fuse and wings with Tamiya Ocean Grey rattlecan paints. The green camo areas on the fuse and wings were airbrushed on using a match with the RAF Dark Green from my Spitfire. The undersides were painted Medium Sea Grey that I had matched from my Flightline Spitfire. The black stripes were taped off and sprayed again with Flat Black Rustoleum 2X spray from HD.

I've started to add decals, made up from Callie. I'm still waiting on nomenclature decals and a couple of stars and bars for the fuselage sides. Once I get those, I should have it completed after a day or so of work.

I have flown it a couple extra times now in its uncompleted form. I really love how it flies, pretty much typical P-47 characteristics and nice wide stance for runway tracking.
                                        Attached Files

Comment

• I've been contemplating the FMS 1500mm P47 Razorback..... Not sure if i want this as my next plane or the Balsa version of this from Nexa or Hangar 9. Like the price point of the FMS foam planes. It's also my understanding this FMS P47 has a good bit of power under the cowl as well. It looks fast in all the video's i've seen.

Comment

Working...
                                          X