X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 406PIlot View Post
    I've been contemplating the FMS 1500mm P47 Razorback..... Not sure if i want this as my next plane or the Balsa version of this from Nexa or Hangar 9. Like the price point of the FMS foam planes. It's also my understanding this FMS P47 has a good bit of power under the cowl as well. It looks fast in all the video's i've seen.
    Hi 406Pilot: Having had one of these a few years ago, I was impressed with how well it flew. The same holds true for this one that I'm working on now. I'll concede that I would prefer wood or fiberglas over foamies, but I've been there in the past, and will probably stay with foamies for the time being, anyway. They have probably spoiled me to being almost ready to fly, without having to think about buying and installing all the guts inside to make them work. I wish the Nexa P-47 had a retractable tailwheel, that sorta bugs me that it is hanging out there, looking not as cool as a plane that has scale retractable gear and doors, too. Good luck with whichever one you decide to buy, I'm not knocking Nexa, and perhaps I'll buy one if it really appeals to me.

Comment

• Finally got my decals/markings through the mail from Callie (the USPS is a mess right now!) and went to the field to take some pics of the plane, more or less completed now. It was a fun exercise in researching an actual aircraft that flew in WWII and adding a lot of detail items to this model, just for the challenge. The plane has 3 flights on it now, and I look forward to many happy hours flying it in the future. Click image for larger version  Name:	_CAM0508adjsuted.jpg Views:	0 Size:	99.3 KB ID:	286572
      Attached Files

Comment

• Excellent work, looks fantastic!

Comment

• Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post
          Excellent work, looks fantastic!
          Thanks, it was a fun and challenging project.

Comment

• I just ordered the FMS P-47 razorback 1.5 from Horizon. While waiting for delivery, checked the manual online and began to set it up on my Spektrum DX9. However, rates and flaps are given in mm, not %. Without the plane in hand I can't guess at %, measure and adjust. Anyone have the recommended rates and flap settings in Speky %'s?

Comment

• Originally posted by ICM View Post
              I just ordered the FMS P-47 razorback 1.5 from Horizon. While waiting for delivery, checked the manual online and began to set it up on my Spektrum DX9. However, rates and flaps are given in mm, not %. Without the plane in hand I can't guess at %, measure and adjust. Anyone have the recommended rates and flap settings in Speky %'s?
              Anyone?

Comment

Anyone?
                Hi ICM: Unfortunately, I use the mm/in units. and a protractor to set the flap and control surface settings. I found that I had to reduce the throw of the elevator quite a bit on my maiden flight from those given in the manual.
                How do you get % settings, I'm not familiar with getting those measurements? If I can help out, I will.
                Thanks Davegee

Comment

• Thanks Davegee. Spektrum transmitters use %s to set flap and control surfaces, ie 100%, 0%, -100% (although if servo travel will allow you can go higher or lower-125% -125% and anywhere in between. Some manuals (eFlite) give the recommended settings in %s. Others like FMS give the settings in mm/in. I do the same as you with FMS planes. Guess at %s, measure, adjust, repeat. However I don't have the plane in hand to do that since shipping has been delayed. While waiting, I thought I could program my Spektrum TX and was asking if anyone had flap and control surface Spektrum %s settings for the FMS P-47 1.5. Hope that explains it.

Comment

Thanks Davegee. Spektrum transmitters use %s to set flap and control surfaces, ie 100%, 0%, -100% (although if servo travel will allow you can go higher or lower-125% -125% and anywhere in between. Some manuals (eFlite) give the recommended settings in %s. Others like FMS give the settings in mm/in. I do the same as you with FMS planes. Guess at %s, measure, adjust, repeat. However I don't have the plane in hand to do that since shipping has been delayed. While waiting, I thought I could program my Spektrum TX and was asking if anyone had flap and control surface Spektrum %s settings for the FMS P-47 1.5. Hope that explains it.
                    Hi ICM: I have a DX 18, although I must confess I don't believe I've seen the % numbers on a screen before, mainly I guess because I wasn't looking for them.

If you could give me a step by step list of where I can access them, I would be happy to give you what I show as percentage of control throws that you can use for a guide, possibly. My plane is pretty much "dialed in" and flies very well on the settings that I have. As I mentioned in previous message, I had to reduce the throw of the elevator quite a bit from manual recommendations. It was WAY too sensitive on the maiden flight.

Comment

• Ok. On my DX9, after creating a new plane, choosing wing and tail type, setting servo travel at 100% in System Setup, I go to Function List and choose Dual Rates and Expo, choose a 3 position switch (for example C) and set rates and expo for Aileron/Elevator/Rudder (for example 100%/85%/70% no expo). I then go to Flap System in Function List, choose a 3 position switch (for example D) and set up flaps up, takeoff flaps, landing flaps (for example, pos 0- flaps up +100%/ pos 1- takeoff flaps +20%/ pos 2- landing flaps -50%).

Comment

Ok. On my DX9, after creating a new plane, choosing wing and tail type, setting servo travel at 100% in System Setup, I go to Function List and choose Dual Rates and Expo, choose a 3 position switch (for example C) and set rates and expo for Aileron/Elevator/Rudder (for example 100%/85%/70% no expo). I then go to Flap System in Function List, choose a 3 position switch (for example D) and set up flaps up, takeoff flaps, landing flaps (for example, pos 0- flaps up +100%/ pos 1- takeoff flaps +20%/ pos 2- landing flaps -50%).
                        Hi ICM: I took a pic of the settings for my flaps. I hope this might be useful. I have used these for about 20 flights on my FMS P-47D razorback. I fly at 5,000 feet MSL, which might need slight adjustment at your field elevation, I don't know. My full flap setting is approximately 33 degrees deflection, and I have an intermediate flap setting of about 15 degrees down deflection from retracted position, as measured from my protractor. I don't use any elevator down mix, although if I go right to full down flaps from fully retracted at a fairly high speed (which I try to avoid), I do get a momentary minor pitch down, which is easily controlled.
                        Attached Files

Comment

• Second Jug is ready for this season. Daylight photos and a walkaround video should follow soon.

​ ​​​​​​​
                          Tolga
                          Instagram: @_t01ga_
                          YouTube: t01ga

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	9AB1C546-D6D1-47E1-AD28-1B539528BC85.jpeg
Views:	420
Size:	124.6 KB
ID:	297827Click image for larger version

Name:	D0D3BF80-E9B3-4323-90CC-C102C8B7EAA0.jpeg
Views:	425
Size:	146.0 KB
ID:	297826Click image for larger version

Name:	9DB526DC-A57D-4ED1-B6BF-3BCC1C0AE6AE.jpeg
Views:	454
Size:	145.7 KB
ID:	297825Click image for larger version

Name:	BC423E3A-0AAC-4EC1-896E-66B5C36B06B0.jpeg
Views:	428
Size:	143.5 KB
ID:	297823Click image for larger version

Name:	98391C03-0894-48E2-8E66-92D3668CEF74.jpeg
Views:	408
Size:	109.1 KB
ID:	297824 Tried to upload photos but for some reason they are not in the above post so I try again.
                            Tolga

Comment

Name:	D966D29B-2FB9-4789-8BD6-8A0A24FA50F6.jpeg
Views:	415
Size:	136.8 KB
ID:	297833Click image for larger version

Name:	F9BE2227-8BCF-4921-855F-D825406B9568.jpeg
Views:	414
Size:	136.6 KB
ID:	297832Click image for larger version

Name:	0B5BD967-7528-4123-8936-06360B5AF774.jpeg
Views:	411
Size:	121.8 KB
ID:	297831Click image for larger version

Name:	FE8D7409-111B-4B90-85F4-8F360C172FDE.jpeg
Size:	163.8 KB
ID:	297829Click image for larger version

Name:	10424B27-3228-47F3-B86C-FFAAACF9CE98.jpeg
Views:	411
Size:	163.3 KB
ID:	297830
                              Tolga

Comment

Name:	7010CB0D-6454-4E4D-AA6F-3A15BA8E43D7.jpeg
Views:	406
Size:	164.2 KB
ID:	297839Click image for larger version

Name:	EA6AF0FE-52DA-4AC6-BE09-62FEC97A00C5.jpeg
Views:	401
Size:	152.2 KB
ID:	297838Click image for larger version

Name:	C3DC58BC-DD63-4DA7-AD1C-6B8B7264D5F5.jpeg
Views:	409
Size:	153.7 KB
ID:	297837Click image for larger version

Name:	4DA11631-5F90-412A-9C9A-525348283963.jpeg
Views:	425
Size:	131.8 KB
ID:	297836Click image for larger version

Name:	FADD7008-EE95-4857-8395-AF91DD014FFC.jpeg
Views:	426
Size:	143.9 KB
ID:	297835
                                Tolga

Comment

Name:	8558B05A-2807-431E-B9D9-AEADBA4208F7.jpeg
Views:	408
Size:	148.4 KB
ID:	297843Click image for larger version

Name:	BECA2665-394C-4340-95E1-98A8225A89AD.jpeg
Views:	410
Size:	122.6 KB
ID:	297842Click image for larger version

Name:	C06786EC-8061-4F94-B218-356F33A7BFAE.jpeg
Size:	121.2 KB
ID:	297841Click image for larger version

Name:	BF18586F-173A-4C0F-BB90-8A4C4DAA3F72.jpeg
Views:	410
Size:	182.2 KB
ID:	297844
                                  Tolga

Comment

• Thanks for uploading the pics. Looks like a nice plane, and I enjoy flying my I Wanted Wings/Button Nose whenever the Wyoming winds and winter will allow!
                                    I recently read a good book called Race of Aces. It is about the race to be the top American Ace during WWII, ultimately "won" by Richard Bong with 40 kills. Bill Dunham of Bonnie fame with his P-47 accounted for several kills and was a top pilot and leader. It's neat that they honored his service with producing this jug with with his livery on it. Happy flying!

Comment

• Hi T01ga: where did you get your neat pilot? Are they available for sale somewhere?
                                      Thanks for any info on this.

Comment

• Originally posted by davegee View Post
                                        Hi T01ga: where did you get your neat pilot? Are they available for sale somewhere?
                                        Thanks for any info on this.
                                        Thanks for the info, that is interesting. I also read that when he was posted to Pacific after Europe the top livery was painted to Olive drab from Black.
                                        I got the pilot from below site. My pilot is full body in 1/8 scale cut to fit just above the boots. I can send you some photos if you like. Or you can but the same pilot as a bust.
                                        Tolga

Comment

• Originally posted by t01ga View Post
                                          Thanks for the info, that is interesting. I also read that when he was posted to Pacific after Europe the top livery was painted to Olive drab from Black.
                                          I got the pilot from below site. My pilot is full body in 1/8 scale cut to fit just above the boots. I can send you some photos if you like. Or you can but the same pilot as a bust.
                                          http://realmodelpilots.co.uk/epages/.../Products/2307
                                          Can you post a couple of photos of your painted pilot. I'm thinking it's a close call between this one and the Warbird pilots in 1/8 scale. I'd like something better than the pathetic kit supplied pilot.

Comment

Working...
                                          X