Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I put the 4000 battery all the way forward as well but it was still tail heavy. I didn't put any weight in my first Bearcat but this new one needed the extra nose weight.

Comment

• Strange..........
      Might be the perfect airframe to install a 650 kv into.
      That and the 1400 mm Corsair prop work amazingly!

Grossman56
      Team Gross!

Comment

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
        Strange..........

Grossman56
        I have done this and you are right, it is amazing.

Comment

• no point in adding dead weight when you can add more power!
          I had to add a bit of weight to the rear of the fuse in order to get the CG, this one may not need it.

Grossman56
          Team Gross!

Comment

• Right side retract door will not close. All ready had new left wing shipped because retract didnt work. First motion rc plane, the door hangs open after the retract closes. Adjustments, or just return the plane, any help appreciated

Comment

• Originally posted by Mikeinlutz View Post
              Right side retract door will not close. All ready had new left wing shipped because retract didnt work. First motion rc plane, the door hangs open after the retract closes. Adjustments, or just return the plane, any help appreciated
              Did you check to make sure the wire closer is still attached to the door? If It still is attached, try bending it so that the wheel will pull it closed.

Comment

• Those pins can be a pain. Mine close most of the time, when they don't I just fly, I worry more about the gear coming back down than the door closing. I can operat mine several times on the ground and it'll work fine, but in the air the wind bends the pin slightly I guess...answer, bend the pin slightly forward, have to try that.

Grossman56
                Team Gross!

Comment

• i put an additional magnet on both doors no more problem air was opening doors at high speed at least it worked for me..:Thinking:

Comment

• Wire is still attached, the retract pulls it part way closed, wont go all the way. Closing it with a finger it will not close correctly and stay closed, where do put the magnets, pics?

Comment

• i just stuck them to the exsisting magnets.. on the outside of fuse didnt even have to glue them can get pics tommorow:Yawn:

Comment

• i just have to touch my doors and thay just snap shut your doors are not binding right:Thinking:

Comment

• Retract doors are sources of perpetual need to adjust linkages. Part of life with "complex" models.
                          FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

• BEARCAT gear doors are just a pin and two magnets on each door 1 to hold it open and 1 to hold it closed make sure ll your magnets are there..no linkage to adj.

Comment

• I had one of these at one time and then this happened and made me very sad :Crying:

Comment

• so is the stated cg correct? I was thinking of using a 4500mah since a lot of you guys said it needs weight up front ight as well be more time then lead.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mad Baron View Post
                                  I put the 4000 battery all the way forward as well but it was still tail heavy. I didn't put any weight in my first Bearcat but this new one needed the extra nose weight.
                                  I had to add 6 ounces to the cowl interior. Epoxied around the dummy radial out of sight. It seemed like a lot, but it balanced exactly on the CG, slightly (3 degrees) nose down... Flies absolutely great. I am using Admiral 4000 packs. 4S. Warbirds like the Bearcat will eat your lunch if they are tail heavy... I like Grossman's solution of more power up front instead of lead!!! :Cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
                                    Strange..........

Grossman56
                                    What bird is the 650 coming off G-Man?? Sounds like fun!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post

What bird is the 650 coming off G-Man?? Sounds like fun!!!
                                      It's the FMS 4258-650kV motor from the P-40B
                                      Warbird Charlie
                                      HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• OH!!! Well, I just happen to have a couple of those with ESC's too!!!! That should be pretty spectacular!!! Thanks Charlie! :Cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post
                                          OH!!! Well, I just happen to have a couple of those with ESC's too!!!! That should be pretty spectacular!!! Thanks Charlie! :Cool:
                                          I put this set-up, 4258-650, in 3 of my Bearcats. Two are the FL 1200mm Bearcat and the other is my 11Hobby Bearcat. Paired with the prop from the 1400mm Corsair, they definitely improve the performance!

If I remember correctly, I am using the 70 amp FMS ESC in all 3.

Bob

Comment

Working...
                                          X