Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• crossman56 sounds a bit of a mourning mini.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beeg View Post

What do you mean exactly by jamming? There was an issue early on with the length of the wire and I think the fix for those that were having issues was to clip around 1/4-1/2" off the end. It's either in this thread or over at RCG. I've never had a problem with them jamming so I never had to clip mine from the two that I have.
      My biggest problem is I always forget to open them up before takeoff and have to come back in and land after I see they didn't retract. :Whew:
      First test out of the box the right retract stuck in the up position, so with a tiny flick to the door with my finger it came down. Tweaked the angle of the wire just a touch & it hasn't done it since. Plan to maiden her tomorrow & I'm hoping that doesn't happen in flight. I'm with ya on the closed door thing. I like closing them for handling the plane & transport. Wish they had sequenced them like the FMS Mustang doors.

Comment

• I agree, the springs on the doors are a pain, I've played around with mine and they'll work fine on the ground but its a crap shoot whether they'll perform in the air.
        When Alpha finally releases the 1600 mm version (HINT:Goodbye: HINT), maybe the gear doors will have a sequencer.:bluetongue

Grossman56
        Team Gross!

Comment

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
          I agree, the springs on the doors are a pain, I've played around with mine and they'll work fine on the ground but its a crap shoot whether they'll perform in the air.
          When Alpha finally releases the 1600 mm version (HINT:Goodbye: HINT), maybe the gear doors will have a sequencer.:bluetongue

Grossman56
          IF Alpha does a 1600 Bearcat, it WILL be a must have and mine will be the Blue Angels Beatle Bomb.

Click image for larger version

Name:	F8F Beatle Bomb.jpg
Views:	506
Size:	66.6 KB
ID:	148382
          Warbird Charlie
          HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

I agree, the springs on the doors are a pain, I've played around with mine and they'll work fine on the ground but its a crap shoot whether they'll perform in the air.
            Not to mention some awesome super scale double jointed folding retracts! :Drooling:

Comment

• Got er Maidened!

Comment

• Excellent flight!

Comment

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
                  Excellent flight!
                  Thanks!

Comment

• Oleo replacement landing gear for the bearcat?, Is there any?

Comment

• i own a dx6 black and i am using admiral rx 600sp how do i connect my landing gear to my rx switch C, i have got flaps on aux 1

Comment

• Go to:
                        system set up > digital switch set up > scroll to select, choose that > scroll to switch C, choose that >scroll to inhibit, choose that > scroll to gear, choose that > scroll to C, choose that> back button twice and you're done.

Comment

• Several months ago, my Bearcat crashed into a tree after suddenly losing roll control. Later, I traced the issue back to forgetting to install the capacitor in the Eagle A3 Gyro. Damage was a lot of small punctures and rips all over the airplane. Finally completed the lengthy rebuild and refinish today, and hoping to re maiden tomorrow!

Comment

• Looks great! Ill be remaidening the f7f tomorrow as well!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mikeinlutz View Post
                              Oleo replacement landing gear for the bearcat?, Is there any?
                              We could only hope. The interesting thing, so far, is that the main landing gear upgrade strut for the Tigercat is actually long enough to match, but the axle end is completely different, so someone will have to advise on whether there is something out there that would match and could be attached to the upgrade strut. Would be great if the was, the wire stock strut is so long that the torque at the retract can easily be enough to pull the unit and the foam in front of it, right off, ask me how I know

Grossman56
                              Team Gross!

Comment

• Put 3 flights on the Bearcat on Sunday, had forgotten how much I loved this model! Stable and predicable, and climbs vertically for as high as you could see with the big prop. Glad to have it back in the regular rotation!

Comment

• One of my all time, has-to-be-one-in-my-hangar airplanes. Are you running the 650 kv in her?? Can't remember.

Grossman56
                                  Team Gross!

Comment

One of my all time, has-to-be-one-in-my-hangar airplanes. Are you running the 650 kv in her?? Can't remember.

Grossman56
                                    I’m running the 580kv with the HSD Skyraider prop. It definitely joins the regulars club, up there with the Freewing Sabre!

Comment

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
                                      Looks great! Ill be remaidening the f7f tomorrow as well!
                                      Is that something like a lady losing her virginity for the second time?

Comment

• Originally posted by CZ Flyer View Post
                                        Got er Maidened!
                                        Where did you get the coupon if I may ask? I keep hearing of these, but never see them anywhere?

Comment

• Originally posted by radfordc View Post

Is that something like a lady losing her virginity for the second time?
                                          Yeah after you replace her ....... yeah.

Comment

Working...
                                          X