X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ah's Availble View Post
    Thank you! I thought about making my own, but did not consider using a spray paint lid. Can you share a picture?
    Don't just fly--WREAK HAVOC!!!

Comment

Originally posted by quitcherbitchen View Post
      Thanks! I totally get it now. Will post pics when finished.

Comment

OK you all, I think I have found a new B-17 1875mm for the price same price of what I can get the Flightline B-24 for. I really love the B-17 but the B-24 seems to be a better model with better engines/esc, gear etc. Should I wait and hope for a better V3 of the B-17 and get the B-24 or just get the B-17?

Comment

Originally posted by bchboy1206 View Post
          OK you all, I think I have found a new B-17 1875mm for the price same price of what I can get the Flightline B-24 for. I really love the B-17 but the B-24 seems to be a better model with better engines/esc, gear etc. Should I wait and hope for a better V3 of the B-17 and get the B-24 or just get the B-17?
          If you want a scale looking plane that has no quirks, Flightline is the way to go. The quirks can cost you as repairs add up. For example - I landed my B-17 after the third flight a few weeks ago, it was a smooth landing. As it rolled out, the glue on the landing gear supports on one wing and then the other failed dropping it to the runway. Looking like a war damaged B-17 returning from a mission over the Reich it skidded to a stop. It cost me two props and paint on the bottom of the wing and a nacelle. So I replaced them with the landing gear from a Freewing B-17.

Comment

The B-17 has a few QC issue's but I wouldn't rule it out. It flies better then the B-24 in my opinion and is way more forgiving on bad landings. Yes, it can tip over on landing on grass and tends to spin the strut if you don't have two lock screws on it, but it can fly out of the box as good as the B-24. Motor mount screws loosing is another constant maintenance item, but other then that she can do it.
            Don't just fly--WREAK HAVOC!!!

Comment

Originally posted by quitcherbitchen View Post
              The B-17 has a few QC issue's but I wouldn't rule it out. It flies better then the B-24 in my opinion and is way more forgiving on bad landings. Yes, it can tip over on landing on grass and tends to spin the strut if you don't have two lock screws on it, but it can fly out of the box as good as the B-24. Motor mount screws loosing is another constant maintenance item, but other then that she can do it.
              I agree. I have 5 B-17s and 2 B-24s. Check the landing gear on the B-17 and make sure there are two grub screws. The B-24 is a great model as well. You can't go wrong with either.

Bob

Comment

wish i had of known about the b17 before i ordered the yak 11 that has sat in OR for 5 days now

Comment

I had been waiting a while for the silver version to come back in stock at HK (US warehouse). When it did recently, I jumped on it and it was delivered TODAY! So I get on HK site for giggles and... they just dropped the price $45!!!
                  Now it's $329.99 shipped to your door, US warehouse! Best price I've seen on it, so if you've been waiting to get this big bird, now might be the time.

Comment

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	20221220_045129.jpg Views:	0 Size:	126.8 KB ID:	364629Click image for larger version  Name:	20221220_045154.jpg Views:	3 Size:	122.8 KB ID:	364627 I got my silver v2 in last week. i assembled and made sure everything worked as it should then immediately tore it back down for paint prep. I figured since its silver i would just go with the Bit O Lace livery. I like the yellow tail, and figured it would be the most visable livery in the air.
                      Exterior paintwork done i believe. I have decals on the way from callie, i have the FW B17 main gear to install and the BF109 tail retract to install. I also plan on adding interior lights and pilots, as well as moving the elev/rud servo so i can make the ball turret move.
                      Im pretty excited to have this one added to my fleet.
                      Im no expert modeler by any means, im just a hobbiest giving it my best shot and enjoying them in the air.

Comment

Im wondering if anyone who has the FW B-17 plastic parts would be willing to copy and 3d print me a cheek gun port before i try to replicate one in balsa. Im willing to pay for the time and materials to print one   ​​​​​​​
                        Attached Files

Comment

Got a little more work done on Bit o Lace tonight. I got my elevator servo(s) moved rudder servo moved, and I am currently working on the main gear. I'm putting that on pause until i get my Robart 3.25" tires in the mail.
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	20230101_194303.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	142.2 KB
ID:	365702Click image for larger version

Name:	20230101_190420.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	170.3 KB
ID:	365703Click image for larger version

Name:	20230101_183543.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	187.8 KB