Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's a couple of pictures of a Tigercat that I saw in Idaho last year. I was kind of smitten by the kitten to say the least. I think I may go with new motors, master airscrew props with spinners like this bird has. I can avoid all of the hub issues and power up the speed however much I think I want to that way and it will still look fabulous and run smoothly. Mine should get here later this week and I'll try out the stock setup to see what I think. Check out the prop ground clearance on that thing.

Comment

• Here's how I installed my receiver. I turned the fuselage module around so the wiring could reach the rear of the receiver. It's a receiver that has to be mounted facing the front of the aircraft so the wires have to go around to the rear of it. I stuck the receiver down on the sticky pad it came with and then I added a piece of some squishy foam onto the bottom of the rear of the canopy that will lightly press down onto the receiver to keep it more secure. I wasn't comfortable relying on just the sticky pad to hold down the stabilizing receiver. The receiver is mounted just far enough forward to allow access for making adjustments to gains, and one of the antennas can point down vertically to the bottom of the plane and the other one points horizontally to the rear of the plane. Looks like it's going to work pretty good.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	KIMG1939.JPG
Views:	771
Size:	34.6 KB
ID:	262514Click image for larger version

Name:	KIMG1937.JPG
Views:	792
Size:	48.0 KB
ID:	262513

Comment

• If anyone has spare "PROPELLER- DANGER" decals can you let me know please?

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
            If anyone has spare "PROPELLER- DANGER" decals can you let me know please?
            PM sent..

Comment

• I am probably late to the party but here goes. I love this plane, however, throw the decal set it comes with away, you will save a lot of time. I can’t believe they send such a cheesy decal set with such a nice plane.

Comment

• Here's A pic of my Tcat landing at our Warbird fly in a couple of weeks ago. Had a small crosswind that day. I really enjoy flying this plane!!
                Click image for larger version

Name:	phoenix landing.JPG
Views:	670
Size:	100.9 KB
ID:	267844

Comment

• Mad Baron It looks like a completely different airplane with your refinish! Well done!
                  Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• I like it.

Comment

• So... I'm new here and wanted to post a pic of my cat with the Here Kitty Kitty! Callie Graphics. It's the one Stew Dawson Flew at Chino.

Comment

• Oh Suzanna! Welcome to Hobby Squawk and thanks for sharing! Callie Graphics is a favorite of many of us here on Squawk.

Where are you flying out of?
                        Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• We're Flying with the Turlock RC Club and the Central Valley Vet Center R/C Flying Club at Turlock Airpark and Crows Landing Airport in California's Central Valley.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DDE29B06-D621-4D45-8164-2A5F1F2B5DC3_1_201_a.jpeg
Views:	593
Size:	130.2 KB
ID:	270866

Attached Files

Comment

• Hi Guys: I recently bought a new Flightline Tigercat. I had one earlier that I sold to a friend, but wanted another one. However, setting up this model, everything is working perfectly except for the motors which have me totally confused. When I put the propellers on, I expected (viewing the plane from behind looking forward, as if from the cockpit) that the Left motor would turn clockwise (to the right) and the Right motor would turn counterclockwise (to the left). Instead, the Left motor turns Counterclockwise (to the left) and the right motor has power but doesn't move much at all, in either direction.

Help! Anyone have any ideas on this? I do have a help request to Tech Support at Motion, but haven't heard back from them yet.

Thanks!

davegee

Comment

• Hey davegee, thats the way the FL Tigercat works with outboard counter-rotation. Same with the P-38. The OV-10 is the first Flightline twin to go inward. I am not sure why they did this when they did, but that's how all of them are. Fly and enjoy!

Comment

• Dave, it sounds like one of the three motor wires between ESC and motor might be unplugged.

Comment

• Originally posted by James View Post
                                  Hey davegee, thats the way the FL Tigercat works with outboard counter-rotation. Same with the P-38. The OV-10 is the first Flightline twin to go inward. I am not sure why they did this when they did, but that's how all of them are. Fly and enjoy!
                                  Hi James: thanks for your reply. I misspoke on my previous entry. The Left motor (as seen from the cockpit) turns counterclockwise, as it should and as you pointed out, It is now working perfectly. The problem lies with the Right motor, which just sorta sits there and vibrates a little, trying to move but there might be a problem with the ESC or the motor itself. I'm doing some testing now to see what the problem is.

BTW, really enjoying your enthusiastic presentations on the videos! Very entertaining and worthwhile to watch. I'm sure I'll come up with a solution for the problem with my Tigercat.

Cheers

Davegee

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                                    Dave, it sounds like one of the three motor wires between ESC and motor might be unplugged.
                                    Thanks, Evan D. I did chat with Martin for online help, and he suggested seeing if that might be the case, or a general problem with the motor itself, or the ESC. I did pull the motor out, and ran it alongside the other motor but without the prop on it. All three connections were solid. When I put it back together, it worked for a while, but then went back to the mode of not turning much, if any. Took it apart again, checked it out, and then put it back together. But this time it also worked perfectly. Did a bunch of full power and rapid throttle movement static tests, and I think I'm ready for the maiden soon. Sure don't know what that problem was all about and hope it doesn't resurface during an actual flight! I've had a P-38 and a Tigercat before, and never had this issue before.

Comment

• I'd be hesitant to fly it without being sure it's fixed. Hate to hear it mess up in flight and cause a crash... Could be a bad solder joint in the bullet connectors. I've seen that new out of the box...

Comment

• I know I wouldn't fly it unless I found the actual problem. One thing to be talking about a single engine bird, but this being a twin is a set-up for a bad thing. Cheap insurance is to have two good working motors... even if they turn the same direction!
                                        Fly low, fly fast, turn left

Comment

• Just brain storming here, but you're probably running the whole system stock where one battery powers one motor. Could it be the battery? I rewired mine so that the motors run off one battery and the batteries are wired in parallel, giving me one big battery I usually run two 3600's so I end up with 7200 mah. In any case, its a better way to go, who wants to try trimming a 1600 mm airplane when one motor gives out, good luck!
                                          Personally, I'd try a different ESC and see if that solves the problem, if not, I'd try a different motor. I have two sitting here as I upgraded mine years ago.
                                          No, I didn't go the two blade upgrade that they offer!
                                          See post #1267

Grossman56
                                          Team Gross!

Comment

Working...
                                          X