Brandon Moon

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post

Welcome to Hobby Squawk Pete!
      Thanks TiredIron!

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
        Hey, Pete! Welcome to Hobbysquawk!

Nice pictures, Ryan. I really like that head on shot on take-off. Was Mike sprawled out on the grass to take that photo?
        Thanks Alpha! I have to say, I've had some issues signing up. Long story short, I have to use my phone to access this site, and post. It's a PITA, so I may not post that much. But I will for sure post my experience with the Tigercat !

Comment

• Originally posted by Fast Eddie View Post

Right on!!, You might want to trim a couple feet off the bottom of your tree to fit your present. I pulled the trigger for the Tigercat last night. didn't want to miss out on the first batch. I'm going to add sound to this one.
          Tigercat Formation flights are in our near future!! If you go back on this thread, you will see the photos of the full scale "King of the Cats" I took last week.
          Callie Graphics has that Livery on her site along with a few others for the Tigercat. When I get her built, I'm going to get some pictures with mine along side the full scale cat. I talked to a club member that can get me in the cockpit for more photos as well. You coming out Sunday? Toys for Tots day
          Looking forward to formation flying! You are a blast to fly with!
          Yes, I'm planning on being there Sunday. Not sure what planes I'll be bringing. See you then.

Comment

Pete and Eddie, is CVRCC's Toys for Tots day this Sunday? Apollo's is this Saturday. Sunday looks like better weather between the two days. If you guys feel like driving, I'll be there both days and a bunch of us will be passing around the transmitter on my Lelu #003.
            Alpha, thanks for the invite! If I wasn't already planning on going to CVRCC , I would make the drive for sure. Maybe some other time.

Comment

Thanks for posting those pictures, Tony! We'll install them back on this weekend when everyone visits for the Fly-In. The pictures give a good idea of the size of this landing gear.

As Tony said, guys, the only difference between his pictures and what you'll receive is that you'll receive painted wheel hubs, exactly as shown in the official product photo (his first picture, which is also on our website under the Tigercat's "Upgrades" section). Ryan will be doing a video of the painted production version, showing how straightforward it is to install these struts. The set screw for the nose is accessible without having to remove the retract itself, so it can be swapped in seconds. You'll need to loosen the screw for the nose door spring, loosen the two grub screws to slide off the stock strut, slide the new nose strut back on, tighten those grub screws, then attach the door spring and tighten its screw. Done!
              Those struts will be going on my plane for sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fast Eddie View Post

Right on!!, You might want to trim a couple feet off the bottom of your tree to fit your present. I pulled the trigger for the Tigercat last night. didn't want to miss out on the first batch. I'm going to add sound to this one.
                Tigercat Formation flights are in our near future!! If you go back on this thread, you will see the photos of the full scale "King of the Cats" I took last week.
                Callie Graphics has that Livery on her site along with a few others for the Tigercat. When I get her built, I'm going to get some pictures with mine along side the full scale cat. I talked to a club member that can get me in the cockpit for more photos as well. You coming out Sunday? Toys for Tots day
                Eddie, I'm going with one of the Marine versions. That's for my son, the new Marine you met last weekend. He is soooo looking forward to being deployed . But when he gets back, I'm hoping he will take up flying again. He had fun flying the Pulse Sunday. Maybe someday he will be flying the Tigercat.

Comment

• Originally posted by Peteflys1 View Post

Eddie, I'm going with one of the Marine versions. That's for my son, the new Marine you met last weekend. He is soooo looking forward to being deployed . But when he gets back, I'm hoping he will take up flying again. He had fun flying the Pulse Sunday. Maybe someday he will be flying the Tigercat.
                  Pete,
                  That will be perfect for your son. tell him I said have a safe tour and look forward to see him back at the field flying the Tigercat.
                  See You Sunday
                  Eddie

Comment

Pete and Eddie, is CVRCC's Toys for Tots day this Sunday? Apollo's is this Saturday. Sunday looks like better weather between the two days. If you guys feel like driving, I'll be there both days and a bunch of us will be passing around the transmitter on my Lelu #003.
                    Alpha,
                    Thank you for the opportunity to come up and check out the Tigercat at Apollo. Will for sure come up another time soon, thank you.
                    Has Motionrc ever considered having a west coast warehouse as well as Illinois? Just curious
                    Eddie

Comment

• Hi Eddie, you're always welcome to come fly with us! We haven't considered a west coast warehouse just yet. Time will tell.
                      Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Super bummed that I can't make it out there this weekend I was really looking forward to it and bringing a few of my own.

Not to mention meeting the crew that I've never met in person yet after all these years.

It was a big honor for me to get a personal invite from "Alpha" to come fly with ya'll. Hopefully can do it again soon and on a better weekend without work schedule interference.
                        Brandon Moon

Comment

• With both the P-38 and the Tigercat being 1600mm. I wonder if the front nose gear of the F7F (more forward rake) would be a direct fit on the P-38? Then do the upgrade strut.

Comment

• Originally posted by cmk-2 View Post
                            With both the P-38 and the Tigercat being 1600mm. I wonder if the front nose gear of the F7F (more forward rake) would be a direct fit on the P-38? Then do the upgrade strut.
                            I asked "alpha" about this a while back before I got mine to evaluate and review, and I was told that, no it will not fit and work the same. it is set up differently on the F7F-3 and there are differences in the nose wheel wells that won't allow this to be a direct swap to get that forward rake.
                            Brandon Moon

Comment

• I have one of these on preorder, in fact I ordered it the day it was released. I can hardly wait to get my hands on it. I will be writing a report on it as well just as soon as I have it assembled and flown. It's been a while since I had a twin, and I've never had a twin electric.

Martin.

Comment

• WHAT ........... :rolleyes: Shame on you Martin for not having the 38, after all it was the start of the revolution
                                Warbird Charlie
                                HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Hey Guys,

A few weeks back, I received an awesome surprise from Alpha and the MotionRC crew in the form of one of these sweet Tigercats. Well, I was supposed to have flown the airplane by now, but of course the next day after the kit arrived, I had to travel for work and then Thanksgiving arrived. So, I finally made it to the field today and of course, it was windy...direct crosswind at about 8-10 mph gusting to 15 at times and was forecasted to of course get worse through the day. That wasn't about to stop me though, I've been dying to fly this bird for weeks! I was able to get one flight in before it got to be more than I was wanting to deal with. Even with the winds, the airplane handled it like a champ! Ground handling was no problem with the cross wind. It was quite bumpy up and away though as the field is nestled in some hills and so I was experiencing some pretty significant eddy currents around different areas of the field. So, unfortunately it wasn't worth taking video, but we did get as many pics as we could. The airplane is trimmed and the rates felt good, so next weekend I should be able to get some good video. It was super stable and solid with the flaps down too which I helped with landing in the winds. I'll have a better idea of performance when I can fly it again in better conditions, but it had good authority in the air for the flight.

In terms of my impressions of the airplane, Flightline and Motion RC have really outdone themselves as the shape of this F7F-3 is just about perfect. It really is beautiful. I love the tigercat and this one is sweet! All the right curves in all the right places and they've got some really nice details added in too including every exhaust pipe in the nacelles! The paint is nicely done with accurate color which really helps the looks and having an assortment of markings is a nice touch. I went for a classic blue and gold which really looks nice on the airplane. Assembly was super easy and quick which was no surprise. Programming took me a little longer as this was the first model programmed into my new Dx18. :) Now, I did have a couple small blemishes out of the box, but nothing too out of the ordinary really (I've never seen a perfectly pristine foam airframe out of the box quite frankly) and they were small. That said, the finish as a whole otherwise is very nice and quite smooth. IT's definitely one of the more smooth foam airframes I've had the pleasure of flying. The packaging was on point too as there was no shipping damage that I noticed. Truth is, by the time I was done assembling it, I had added a few dings of my own anyhow...curse these heavy hands! ;) I plan to do a little weathering once I get a chance, so it'll all be part of the character. ;) I did notice an asymmetry on the outboard left flap compared to the other 3 when deflected...about a 4mm difference. It wasn't an issue in the air at all though which I expected.

So, here are a few pictures. I'm working on a full assembly and flight review video and article for my Blog (thercgeek.com) and youtube channel (youtube.com/thercgeek) which should be posted in a couple weeks once we're able to get some good flight video next weekend. All my setup details will be included. I have a big ASM tigercat, so had to go for a side by side shot. I love the Grumman cats! ;)

Chris
                                  http://thercgeek.com
                                  http://youtube.com/thercgeek

Comment

• Is this plane impressive or what, lets hope they're here in time to stuff under the Christmas Tree!!
                                    Me?? Well, I guess I just want some Tinker Toys....

Grossman56
                                    Team Gross!

Comment

• I asked "alpha" about this a while back before I got mine to evaluate and review, and I was told that, no it will not fit and work the same. it is set up differently on the F7F-3 and there are differences in the nose wheel wells that won't allow this to be a direct swap to get that forward rake.

Well shoot! Maybe V-2 of the P-38 will have a better landing gear set up.......

Comment

• Note that the P-38 already it's own drop in Suspension Upgrade Set... no need to kitbash one from the F7F's set. The P-38's rake angle is a function of the retract position itself, though. Shimming it right before it hits the door is an option, for for a true ~105 degree forward rake on the P-38, you'll need to source an actual 100 degree retract. The F7F has more space in it to achieve more forward rake even with an off the shelf 90 degree retract unit.

If still interested, here's the P-38's suspension strut set. We should have more in just over two weeks.

Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
                                          Is this plane impressive or what, lets hope they're here in time to stuff under the Christmas Tree!!
                                          Me?? Well, I guess I just want some Tinker Toys....

Grossman56
                                          Tinker toys? Dan I think we did this last year. No football, no range model air riffle (you'll shoot your eye out! ) ;), just 'Cats...I'll kick down $20 to you for all the help you've been to me this year. Anyone else wanna donate to a worthy cause to get this good man a Tiger?:rolleyes:

Comment

Working...
                                          X