X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The first quick Mod
    Was going to wait to post this, but here is a teaser .... The first quick Mod I've done on her. Still a work in progress
    Brandon Moon

Comment

• Nice work Brandon.
      TiredIron Aviation
      Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Thank you my friend ;)
        Brandon Moon

Comment

• Love two-seat mod! Nice work as always Brandon. :)

Comment

• Thank you, Still working on the interior and the female back seater... was actually going to post it in tribute to you and Evelyn the flying Dad & Daughter team ;)

Proud of you both and big inspiration ;)
            Brandon Moon

Comment

• FMS just announced their 1700 f7f. Man I really loathe them these days
              AMA 1102566

Comment

• Yep. Too late. Happily awaiting my FL F7F3

Bob

Comment

• Originally posted by AkumaZeto View Post
                  FMS just announced their 1700 f7f. Man I really loathe them these days
                  Where do you see this at? it's not posted on their page or anywhere I can find.

Disegard the question..I found it on their facebook page....it's just cad drawings....fluff!!!!

Doesn't matter anyway...they burned their proverbial drawers with me a few years back. NOT, I repeat NOT!!! Interested!!!!! I'll take a FlightLineRC anyday over and FMS.....Don't even have to think twice.
                  Brandon Moon

Comment

• Originally posted by Brandon Moon View Post
                    Thank you, Still working on the interior and the female back seater... was actually going to post it in tribute to you and Evelyn the flying Dad & Daughter team ;)

Proud of you both and big inspiration ;)
                    WOW Brandon! I'm blown away and honestly don't know what to say. Standby.... I just shared your post with Evelyn and we are both deeply moved by your incredible gesture. Thank you so much friend, this means a lot to us. :)

Sincerely,
                    Tony & Evelyn

Thank you Brandon.
                    From Evelyn

Comment

• I am taking it to them believe that
                      AMA 1102566

Comment

• I have a question for the Motionrc people. With Motions direct involvement with the design and development of the models you sell, has there ever been any thoughts or reasons why the owners manuel english translation wording gets overlooked. The introduction portion is correctly written, probably cut and paste. Then starting with the notes, all is badly translated. I know most of us don't read or need it for the most part. But maybe a quick proofread and corrected version would help before printing so it doesn't sound so silly or be possibly confusing to the newer fliers.
                        Just curious
                        Eddie

Comment

• Hi Fast Eddie,

Motion has a ton of involvement in the entire process of the FlightLineRC and Freewing planes. The ideas for the models come from us and our customers. From there we participate heavily in the development including everything from the CAD development to the specifications to the debugging and revisions. Honestly, one area we've overlooked is the manual. We agree manuals could be substantially better. We invest a ton of time in the development of testing of these planes and the manual is the one part that suffers due mostly to manpower (or lack of) and our excitement to start the next plane.

The F7F is my favorite plane, or at least in my top 3, and I've been pushing to get this made for years. I'm pretty sure I'm more excited about this plane than just about anyone. We get so excited about the planes, we start working on the next planes before we ever get to the manual. In the case of this F7F, we had significant collaboration with Grumman. The amount of care that went into this plane to get it just right is amazing and something I'm very proud of. It was a team effort. Alpha, Mark, Ryan, Tony, Brandon, Jon, Evelyn, and Antholy all put in loads of effort (I'm sure I forgot someone). Heck, at one point Mark, Alpha, and I were not 100% happy with the color and Alpha went to the factory to get the color just right. At some point it would be worth telling the entire story of how we developed this plane for those that care. We went to great lengths to keep this secret because we knew as soon as we announced it, the copies would come. This is why we said nothing until the first shipment was already half way across the ocean. I'm sure someone will try to copy our ideas and I hope that just means we are doing things right.

Comment

• That you guys are.....well done and keep up the great work :shy:;)
                            Brandon Moon

Comment

• Eddie, I actually write the front end description that appears in the manual, which is why the English is da good. :P But as Tom said, it's partially a manpower issue that contributes to the rest of the manual's English not always being full translated before the manuals go to print. Rest assured we are making changes behind the scenes to rectify that for future releases. We're working on releasing manuals that are both English accurate, and also in general more succinct.
                              Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Wow Brandon that is a very humbling gesture, I know Tony and Evelyn will be both elated and honored. Good job paying it forward!

Comment

• Not only a great gesture, but I love the conversion to an F7F-3N

Comment

• Ha, I remember that. Six guys, two languages, three hours, to select the Version 2 paint. Testing for UV tolerance, color grading and behavior in four different light sources, adjustments for scale effect, discussions with Grumman about real world paint performance in wartime Tigercats, etc. Ultimately a paint swatch from an original F7F-3 in a museum helped settle it, but there were several other factors. We don't do the gloss, for example, because, among several reasons, it increases the rate at which the dark color bubbles, and it also accentuates the foam cells. Practicality in ownership is a strong influence in our design. It's up there with Transportability, Parts Replacement, Universal Components, etc. Most people don't care if it's scale if it can't fit in their cars or bubbles up after five minutes or costs a fortune. As I am so often fond of saying, "It's about Balance."

Comment

• That's super cool Brandon! Alpha great story. We all love a great backstory. There's making models and then there's honoring history and aviation.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom.MotionRC View Post
                                        Hi Fast Eddie,

Motion has a ton of involvement in the entire process of the FlightLineRC and Freewing planes. The ideas for the models come from us and our customers. From there we participate heavily in the development including everything from the CAD development to the specifications to the debugging and revisions. Honestly, one area we've overlooked is the manual. We agree manuals could be substantially better. We invest a ton of time in the development of testing of these planes and the manual is the one part that suffers due mostly to manpower (or lack of) and our excitement to start the next plane.

The F7F is my favorite plane, or at least in my top 3, and I've been pushing to get this made for years. I'm pretty sure I'm more excited about this plane than just about anyone. We get so excited about the planes, we start working on the next planes before we ever get to the manual. In the case of this F7F, we had significant collaboration with Grumman. The amount of care that went into this plane to get it just right is amazing and something I'm very proud of. It was a team effort. Alpha, Mark, Ryan, Tony, Brandon, Jon, Evelyn, and Antholy all put in loads of effort (I'm sure I forgot someone). At some point it would be worth telling the entire story of how we developed this plane for those that care. We went to great lengths to keep this secret because we knew as soon as we announced it, the copies would come. This is why we said nothing until the first shipment was already half way across the ocean. I'm sure someone will try to copy our ideas and I hope that just means we are doing things right.
                                        By the already posted reviews and videos, I know the Tigercat will be my top plane in my small but growing fleet. I know that the Flightline products are top notch, and the instruction manuals in no way reflects the product itself. I will always support Motionrc for great models and the best customer service in the industry. Charging batteries now for morning flights with the Flightline P-38, also, I have the Dynam Waco arriving Monday from Motionrc.
                                        Thanks Tom
                                        Eddie

Comment

Working...
                                        X