Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I now have the Mr. RCSound "Aspire sound card mounted. Ended up doing it a little differently than originally planned. Checked my CG and is still the same as the Maiden flight, Perfect placements and weight distribution of the components :)

It is accessible by cutting the Belly access panel I made back open, but Due the the sound's size...I decided to mount it semi permanently.
    Brandon Moon

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	844.7 KB
ID:	52553Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	817.4 KB
ID:	52554 Here is a little more work on the F7F-3N modification
      Brandon Moon

Comment

• New video from Mike & Ryan.....great job guys, as always:
        In the air, the FlightLineRC F7F-3 Tigercat exhibits fantastic stability, is very easy to control at a wide speed range, and has a predictable stall with eas...

Comment

• Great video!

Comment

• Great Video guys. Once again well done. OOH-RAH "Semper FI" :cool:
            Brandon Moon

Comment

• Great video and a great looking plane. I have the same observation as one comment on the video. There seems to be quite a bit of "wing rock" during normal flight. ?????

Comment

• I think that is because of his very windy and cross component winds there, and probably a little bit of nervousness and excitement...lol;). I was the same way the first time ;).

It actually flys very smooth and predictable.
                Brandon Moon

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper2 View Post
                  Great video and a great looking plane. I have the same observation as one comment on the video. There seems to be quite a bit of "wing rock" during normal flight. ?????
                  It is very well behaved. Brandon you are right it was very windy and from the side. I didn't think it rocked at all until I let it get too slow.

The official video will be coming later. I just really wanted to give every body something to look at to hold them over.

Comment

• Thanks Ryan, much appreciated!!
                    So awesome to see that they really did build on the success of the P 38 and it's weaknesses, which were few, to bring out such a great airplane. Looks like she handles the wind with no trouble and the landings are very impressive, such a great transition from flight to taxi!
                    We'll see how the thread grows, but I'll bet its in the hundreds of pages. like the Lightning, before it ebbs!

Grossman56
                    Team Gross!

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	a580e45c1aee23a2c94972bf69d0dbe9.jpg
Views:	572
Size:	152.7 KB
ID:	52595
                      Here's an idea of what next years Nefi will look like!!
                      Grossman56
                      Team Gross!

Comment

• Here is a video of the plane with an Aspire Sound unit and two TT25 speakers in it.

Note: I will be changing out one of the TT25 speakers for a "Bass" speaker later this week
                        Brandon Moon

Comment

• Pretty cool Brandon, we'll see how it sounds in the air, great mod!!

Grossman56
                          Team Gross!

Comment

• Callie Graphics has six liveries for this plane available. I'm going with Bad Kitty, can't wait to get the decals set from her and the plane from Motion.

Custom Graphics for your R/C Models! Choose from stock sets or request a quote for a custom scheme.

Comment

• Hey Eddie, it's Pete from CVRCC. Looks like the silver P-38 is on hold for a few months. You talked me into buying the Tigercat! I pre-ordered mine a couple days ago. I just hope it gets here in time for Santa to deliver it under the Christmas tree!

Comment

• Originally posted by Peteflys1 View Post
                                Hey Eddie, it's Pete from CVRCC. Looks like the silver P-38 is on hold for a few months. You talked me into buying the Tigercat! I pre-ordered mine a couple days ago. I just hope it gets here in time for Santa to deliver it under the Christmas tree!

Welcome to Hobby Squawk Pete!
                                TiredIron Aviation
                                Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Here's a little to hold us over while we wait for the soon arriving F7F-3!!!

Comment

• I'm surprised that #6 and #9 isn't in that first pic.
                                    TiredIron Aviation
                                    Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Hey, Pete! Welcome to Hobbysquawk!

Nice pictures, Ryan. I really like that head on shot on take-off. Was Mike sprawled out on the grass to take that photo?
                                      Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Originally posted by Peteflys1 View Post
                                        Hey Eddie, it's Pete from CVRCC. Looks like the silver P-38 is on hold for a few months. You talked me into buying the Tigercat! I pre-ordered mine a couple days ago. I just hope it gets here in time for Santa to deliver it under the Christmas tree!
                                        Right on!!, You might want to trim a couple feet off the bottom of your tree to fit your present. I pulled the trigger for the Tigercat last night. didn't want to miss out on the first batch. I'm going to add sound to this one.
                                        Tigercat Formation flights are in our near future!! If you go back on this thread, you will see the photos of the full scale "King of the Cats" I took last week.
                                        Callie Graphics has that Livery on her site along with a few others for the Tigercat. When I get her built, I'm going to get some pictures with mine along side the full scale cat. I talked to a club member that can get me in the cockpit for more photos as well. You coming out Sunday? Toys for Tots day

Comment

• So as Brandon had posted in his review, I helped him with getting pics and video for the first flights. After taking a bunch of stills on the ground, we did some quick taxi tests. As you can see at the beginning of the video, the grass was tall and bumpy, but the Tigetcats large gear handled it just fine.

The video posted is actually of the second flight as we had camera issues on the maiden. Normally, I'm nervous whenever I maiden a new plane, and especially if it's not mine, and even more so if it's a pre-release! However, just like with the recent Bearcat, I was comfortable with this plane immediately. On the maiden, the takeoff angle was much shallower and scale-like. On the vid, I wanted to see how she did with a performance climb out, so the angle is much steeper. She only needed some up trim, and that may have been more to due with the elevator being set up initially with just a touch of down. It was dialed out and adjusted before the second flight.

She flew like a champ! Great presence in the air, nice smooth presentation passes, easy loops and rolls. It was a little windy (5 mph gusting to 10) so we really didn't put her through the paces. Landing was only with half flaps, and the suggested 2mm down elevator compensation was perfect. Full flaps at altitude with an additional 2mm of down elevator were good, stalls were mushy and straight ahead, no tendency to drop a wing.

I got a total of two flights on her that day. Packs were Admiral 4S 4000 for the maiden, and 3600 for the second flight. This plane is a definite home run for FlightLineRC and MotionRC!
                                          Pat

Comment

Working...
                                          X