Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What the heck, nobody mentioned, including Motion, that there was no BEC on the F7F ESC. No big deal, just haven't used one in like forever. Had to dig around for a switch and a receiver battery. Found a relatively new Life 6.6 and will use that. Egad.

Comment

• Originally posted by bbolz View Post
      What the heck, nobody mentioned, including Motion, that there was no BEC on the F7F ESC. No big deal, just haven't used one in like forever. Had to dig around for a switch and a receiver battery. Found a relatively new Life 6.6 and will use that. Egad.
      Hello BB..............I would recommend that you open a ticket with MRC concerning this.
      The Tiger does comes with 2 ESC's that have onboard 5V/5A BEC's
      60 Amp Brushless ESC with XT-60 Connector from Freewing - 040D002001 This ESC is specifically for the following FlightLine aircraft: P-38L Lightning

If you don't have these then apparently someone at the factory put the wrong ones in the box.
      These particular ECS's were also a new proprietary design that allowed the two BEC's to talk to together.
      In earlier years this was a no-no. There was discussion about this in the early parts of this thread initiated by me.
      Alpha went on record with this claim. ;)
      Warbird Charlie
      HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Thanks OV, so if both have BEC leads, you only need to use one of them? I'll open a ticket with MRC today.

Comment

• Ok OV, now I'm confused. MRC says that the receiver does not need a separate BEC lead. Is this right?

Comment

• So where does the Rx get it's power?

Comment

• Originally posted by bbolz View Post
              Ok OV, now I'm confused. MRC says that the receiver does not need a separate BEC lead. Is this right?
              I believe you may be confused to the intent of their comment.
              I'm speculating from your comment that they said (in reference to the airframe power requirements) it doesn't require a separate BEC/UBEC
              Just Y the two ESC leads (the three wire yellow/red/brown) and then connect to your Rx.
              Most modelers make the BEC supplied Vcc connection to the bind port on DSMX Rx's like Spectrum/Lemon/Admiral.
              I know nothing about Futaba hookups
              Warbird Charlie
              HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• I’m out of town for a couple of days and I’ll check this out Sunday but the only wires coming from the nacelles is the battery leads, the throttle lead and the gear lead. No bec lead.

Comment

• There is no BEC lead. The BEC is in each ESC and each ESC hooks up to a Y. Then the Y plugs into the throttle channel. You are done then. There is NO external BEC, but each ESC has a BEC that works in unison for your power....

Comment

• So the leads labeled “throttle” from the nacelles plug into the board, then from the board to the Receiver throttle channel equals power to the receiver? That’s a y connection through the board I guess. I’ll take a look at that.

Comment

• Thanks hardway, makes sense.

Comment

• Yes sir. Usually on a twin, you have to pull the red wire from the port or starboard throttle lead from the ESC so that the ESC's built in BEC's don't fight against one another. On the F-7-F and the P-38, they were designed to work as a "team" so to speak, so a Y on the throttle lead and into the throttle channel will do the trick...

Comment

• I hope that helps a little. Think of the little 3 or 4 channel planes. You just plug in the lead from the ESC to throttle and that provides the voltage to run the servos and accessories. Do not put a 6.6v dc LIFE pack in with a switch. The servos for Flightline & Freewing are rated at 5.0v dc, so a LIFE pack will damage them. Maybe not at first, but later when you are flying!!! LOL

You can get away with a 6.0v dc NimH pack. I don't like the 4.8v dc packs, since that is at the low end of the voltage threshold. I use the CC 20 amp BEC in all my birds over 1200mm. I use the BEC plugs to isolate the factory BEC from the throttle circuits, and then plug in the leads from the CC BEC into two channels on my receivers....

At Motion RC we carry the largest selection of electric and gas powered radio control (RC) planes, boats, buggies, cars, helicopters, tanks, trucks, and much more. We also offer a huge selection of lipo batteries, chargers, ESCs, gas engines, motors, radios, and servos. Shop our lowest prices with free shipping.

Comment

• Just let me know if I can help!!! I have the F-7-F and the P-38.... ;):Cool:

Comment

• And they are still with us, BTW!!!! LOL

Comment

• Sorry, I said Y. They do go the board, and then one lead goes to the throttle channel... I built my bird almost two years ago, so I forgot about the connection board. Duh!!!! Sorry :Loser::Nerd:

Comment

• That clears everything up. Thanks for the voltage warning. I didn’t know that or read that. Can’t wait to get this bird flying. If the weather would only cooperate now. Thanks for everything HW.

Comment

• Copy!!!!! Thank you.... Have a blessed weekend!!! Jerry

Comment

• Everything is good. Just shouldn't overthink these things. Now for the MCI sound card install, moving it from the A-10 to the F7F. Already have the sound bites for the twin wasps. Almost ready for the maiden. One thing I did notice though is that one of the flap linkages was too short. Only one. Had to make up a new one just a bit longer. No matter what I did I couldn't get it to fit.

Comment

• Do you know if anyone has a paint type and color to match the F7F blue for touchups?

Comment

• Tamiya XF-17 Sea Blue is close right out of the bottle... I just touched up the port flap edges and the tip if the vertical stab on mine today! :Cool: Not perfect, but good for little spots...

Comment

Working...
                                          X