Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well I was able to get my second flight up today two flights in the late evening. I wasn't able to fly this morning due to my prop flying off during PreFlight. Apparently I didn't snug the set screw in all the way,' I'm glad I PreFlighted my plane prior to takeoff. I went to home Depot and bought a slightly longer 3 mm screw. I can post the package in if anyone wants reference but I use that with a dab of blue loctite and everything is good to go now.

Anyways I turned my rates down on the elevator lower than book value I think it was 75 as I posted before and my expo was 30, plane flies beautifully. my turns are perfect , the rudder coordination is perfect this thing is really fast.

I'm running two 4S 4000 I feel that the CG is slightly over nose heavy. I like my planes nose-heavy however I feel , perhaps I have to play more with my batteries towards the center I'll have to see.

Where did everyone put their receivers?? I have mine tucked right against the fuse at the lower battery tray it makes it a real pain in the butt to get that lower battery in I'm thinking about moving it.

See the attached pic..

Okay moving on,

This plane is really fast as I said, so what I have found is that when I put my flaps down the plane wants to take a vertical. That's no good :),.

I remembered the book did say to put a mix in so I did miss that part. anyways I need some help with the mixes because right now I have my flaps set on dx8e the upper left three position switch which is longer than usual facing the front of the radio. I use this as my flaps on all planes.

first of all flaps all the way down on this plane the outer flaps hit the fuselage the outer edge of the engine. So I turn down my servo travel rate . so I believe on the radio my upper limit is a hundred as in the flaps can retract all the way. And my lower limit is 40 as in the flaps can only travel at their lowest setting 40 percent.

Have others done this?? Did I do it correctly ??

When setting a mix for my flaps... Flap to elevator mix -15% down elevator. So that the nose doesn't skyrocket, did anyone else do this?

Attached Files

Comment

• Hi madmax!
      Just an observation. Be careful with the blue loctite on the prop screws. If it gets on the plastic center of the prop (where the screw passes through into the hub), it can cause the plastic to become very brittle and break out. I know from a very unfortunate crash on take off..... I posted a video here awhile back....
      Jack

Comment

• Originally posted by jwdawson5 View Post
        Hi madmax!
        Just an observation. Be careful with the blue loctite on the prop screws. If it gets on the plastic center of the prop (where the screw passes through into the hub), it can cause the plastic to become very brittle and break out. I know from a very unfortunate crash on take off..... I posted a video here awhile back....
        Jack
        Thanks!

I'll take them off today and ensure there is none on the plastic, if so, just rinse it off ...

Update....

I removed both carefully and checked they look to be ok, other than the plastic inside the hub is all scuffed up from the meddling around all this time. I used a extremely low amount of blue locktite, barely even seen on the threads.

I may go to the real hardware store today and go find replacement screws again for the center hubs. I don't like this crappy zinc soft steel philips screws. I'm going to find some 3m allen heads at the real hardware store and put them on.

Comment

• Hello sfmadmax,

I mounted my receiver behind the inside control board Click image for larger version

Name:	F7F.jpg
Views:	1012
Size:	136.0 KB
ID:	199224

A bit of a pain but it's out of the way! :Angry:

I put all my flap mixes as per the manual and they work just fine for me.

Hope this helps.:Cool:

DPD

Comment

• Originally posted by Dual Prop Dave View Post
            Hello sfmadmax,

I mounted my receiver behind the inside control board Click image for larger version  Name:	F7F.jpg Views:	0 Size:	136.0 KB ID:	199224

A bit of a pain but it's out of the way! :Angry:

I put all my flap mixes as per the manual and they work just fine for me.

Hope this helps.:Cool:

DPD
            Thanks Dave, I may mount my receiver under the board as I saw this was a likely area when i was initially reviewing the possibility.
            So late last night I was playing with my mixes and just figured out that for a 3 position switch , I need 2 separate mixes if I want the flap/elevator ration to be different for takeoff and landing. So I'm all set there i'm pretty sure and will set book rates again and re-test.

For some reason , being a software engineer, i imagined that I set 1 mix at the lowest desired setting ( on the 3 position switch ) and when flipped the switch to its middle, the software would auto-figure out the half way mark and mix accordingly.

Apparently that's not how it works,

It's down to real nitty gritty software programming and it's writing a function for each switch position, which works even better for me and i'm fine with that.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	F77E6E87-BE0B-4A16-A790-3C598C1B5AD5.jpeg
Views:	986
Size:	236.1 KB
ID:	199337
              Second Cat bites the dust because the damn electrical connections come loose AGAIN - elevator went to full up and stayed there - nothing I could do but watch it loop itself into the ground - on the third consecutive loop.

Time to rebuild for the third time. Will glue the connections in place this time.

I have to wait for the fuselage to come back in stock however. :Angry:
              :(:Angry:

Comment

• Dang that's frustrating!! I've had nothing but success with mine, but until yesterday, the Spitfire made up for it. Third time is supposed to be lucky, rooting for you!!

Grossman56
                Team Gross!

Comment

• Maidened the Flightline F7F today two incredible flights. Would like a little more zip though. I think I'm going to go the upgrade route. I am wondering if anyone is using the 3 blades with stronger motors.

Comment

• This is how i have fixed my props works for great

Comment

• I went to the single props...not scale but they work great with no worries about blowing apart.

Comment

• Thanks Presto. I agree, two blades give you more bounce for the ounce. I'll order these and the motors out when I get home from the cruise. Just not as cool as the scale three blades.

Comment

• Hello I just got my new f7f assembled but I’m having some trouble with the receiver binding. If anyone could offer some trouble shooting that would be great. Thanks

Comment

• Make sure your throttle is all the way off and drop your throttle trim right down as well. Sometimes that helps. Make sure your bind plug is in the right slot as well. If its a Spektrum receiver, they can be a B**** sometimes. The Lemon receivers bind extremely easily.

Grossman56
                            Team Gross!

Comment

• What 2 blade prop do you all recommend with the stock motor/battery setup for increased performance?

Comment

• Thanks that helped

Comment

• Still having trouble getting my f7f binded to my transmitter. Receiver flashes as if binding in progress and the motors continue to “beep” but cannot bind successfully?

Comment

• Originally posted by Tubbsfuss View Post
                                    Still having trouble getting my f7f binded to my transmitter. Receiver flashes as if binding in progress and the motors continue to “beep” but cannot bind successfully?
                                    What receiver are you using?

Comment

• Admiral Ed 1000. 10channel

Comment

• Admiral RX 1000. 10 channel

Comment

• Hmm, here's the procedure I use. Bind plug in place, battery plugged to the ESC. Then, hold down the bind button on the radio before powering it up, continue to hold until it binds, four beeps a pause and one more beep. Sometimes you have to be 10 feet or more away from the radio. Hope this helps.
                                          If not, give Motion RC's support guys a call.

Grossman56
                                          Team Gross!

Comment

Working...
                                          X