X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official FlightLine RC 1600mm F7F-3 Tigercat Thread

So it turns out “Lelu” was a ‘Cat, after all.

A short teaser of this exciting new foam composition, electric powered twin. Exclusive review to appear in the February issue of Model Aviation magazine!

“WAIT… WHAT?”
    Surprise, Surprise! Just in time for the Holidays!
    Motion RC is proud to introduce the FlightLineRC F7F-3 Tigercat, the world’s first mass production foam electric RC Tigercat. Officially licensed by Northrop Grumman, the FlightLineRC F7F-3 Tigercat’s 1600mm wingspan and 1/10 sport scale matches the FlightLineRC P-38 Lightning, and the two look excellent in flight formation together! In the air, the FlightLineRC F7F-3 Tigercat exhibits fantastic stability, is very easy to control at a wide speed range, and has a predictable stall with easy recovery. We designed this aircraft to be a superb balance between top speed, vertical performance, grass handling, flight duration, convenient transport, sport scale realism, and overall scale presentation.

“GRASS?”
    For all you grass guys out there, our Tigercat delivers on all five of the commonly requested improvements from our exceptionally popular 1600mm P-38 Lightning: 1) Taller wheels (80mm mains!), 2) Wider wheels, 3) Softer wheels, 4) More scale looking hubs, 5) More scale nose rake and gear geometry. We’ll also be offering an aluminum suspension strut upgrade for pilots with especially rough grass fields, although so far we’ve tested the Tigercat on the stock struts in up to 2” tall grass without issue.

“WHEN?”
    The best part of this bird is that we anticipate the initial shipment will arrive in mid-December. They departed Asia over three weeks ago. We wanted to keep as short a pre-order interval as possible by also keeping this aircraft secret for as long as possible. Pre-order below:

https://www.motionrc.com/collections...nt=30792051212

“DETAILS?”
    Meticulously designed to incorporate EPO foam, wood, plastic, and carbon reinforcements, our design is easy to assemble and maintain, and delivers the strength and power to satisfy any RC airplane pilot. The main wing halves, horizontal stabilizer, and two engine nacelles each install with four screws. A new pliable ribbon wiring harness simplifies each wing connection to one instead of five, so the wing can be attached in less than one minute. The antenna and gun barrels are also designed to easily slide out to prevent damage during transport. A plastic nose cone, cowls, and doors are designed for longevity.
    The generously sized battery bay can accommodate your batteries, receiver, and optional gyro in a cleanly organized layout. The full coverage plastic cabin doors are spring-hinged for simple and reliable operation and plastic radial engine details add realism to your model. To ensure a secure fit, the cockpit of this FlightLineRC F7F-3 Tigercat is held on by both magnets and a sliding latch. The FlightLineRC F7F-3 Tigercat arrives with dependable electronics pre-installed, and every servo in the aircraft is a Digital Metal Gear servo. The aircraft uses our DayBright 3W LEDs for visibility. Static wingtip lights remain on, and the single landing light turns on only when the landing gear is down, for ultimate realism like the full scale aircraft.
    As with other FlightLineRC warbirds, the F7F-3 Tigercat arrives expertly painted and ready to customize. Three tone painted engine detail sets the stage for a modeling detailer’s delight! Four sets of adhesive vinyl decals are also included in the box. Choose from these decals or recreate your own historic livery as you wish!

“PERFORMANCE?”
    The F7F-3’s generous main wing area allows a short takeoff distance of 15-20 meters, and its 70mm diameter nose wheel and 80mm diameter main wheels and thick steel struts are excellent for operating on typical grass airfields. An optional aluminum compression strut upgrade is available for atypically rougher grass conditions. The Tigercat’s tricycle landing gear reduces the risk of tipping forward after landing, and makes taxing on the ground very stable. Four flaps slow the aircraft for controlled power on landings at low speed. We recommend a Down Elevator Mix to correspond with flap deployment, per the manual.

For thrilling efficient power, the aircraft features a pair of 3748-600kv brushless motors, 3-blade 12x7 propellers (Standard and Reverse rotation), and two 60A ESCs. The Tigercat uses the same propeller blades as the FlightLineRC P-38. The model’s top speed is 125kph/78mph, and comfortable flight duration ranges between 5 and 7 minutes on either a pair of 4s 3000mAh or 4s 3600mAh lipo batteries, respectively. Maximum flight duration has been tested up to 12 minutes with throttle management. For even faster speeds approaching 155kph/97mph and extended vertical performance, an optional Sport Power System utilizing 3648-880kv motors and 2-Blade 12x8 propellers is available for separate purchase.

“PICTURES AND VIDEO?”
    Mike and Ryan will be publishing an official Motion RC Build Video within 2-3 days, and an official Motion RC Flight Video sometime next week or so.
    We also engaged a small group of early reviewers earlier this month to capture pictures and videos of Tigercats in the four optional liveries. They will be posting their honest thoughts, pictures, and videos here at different times throughout the coming week or so, so stay tuned! These men and a special lady are highly valued for their trustworthiness and objectivity, and we thank them for their hard work to wring out this aircraft in great detail.

“STOP TALKING. SHOW ME PICTURES.”
    First salvo, incoming!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91DaSCZbCVE
    Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

I am very excited to have been involved in what will assuredly go down in history as the best kept secret/new warbird announcement of 2016/2017! I penned a full review article for the AMA's Model Aviation magazine and it should appear in the February 2017 issue, available in a few weeks. We plan to be down at the AMA West Expo in January, with a FlightLineRC F7F-3 on display in the AMA booth.

MotionRC really pulled the stops out on this one! Pilots have been pining for an electric powered foam composition Tigercat for a looong time. Pilots who love their FlightLineRC P-38, and I'm definitely in that crowd, will likely love the F7F-3 Tigercat even more. I am fortunate enough to have been flying both a late prototype and a production version F7F-3 for the better part of two months now. It is a fantastic flying twin and pilots who have thus far been hesitant to venture into the world of electric twins no longer have any reason to wait. Hop off the fence and go for it! This Tigercat is a *****cat. Large diameter tires pave the way for pilots who are limited to grass field ops, with an optional pair of suspension equipped gear being available at the same time that this model initially arrives at MotionRC.

Comment

Reserved for goodies.

Comment

My pre-order is in!
        Thanks!
        Bob

Comment

What a gorgeous twin! Can't wait to take this one to the skies!
          My YouTube RC videos:
          https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Wow. That looks amazing. Wish I had room to fit a 63in wing in my car.

Comment

Thanks Bruff! A bunch of you beat the ten minute mark, impressive!

Comment

Can't wait to have one of these in the hangar! Pre-order is in!
                Pat

Comment

Preordering NOW! My wife is going to KILL ME! I think I just wet myself I'm so excited!

Comment

Looks like all is needs is a coat of gloss and it is just like the original!! Very happy about this one!!!
                    Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
                    I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

Originally posted by Ekibiogami View Post
                      Wow. That looks amazing. Wish I had room to fit a 63in wing in my car.
                      I pop one wing off and fit the whole plane in the backseat of a Prius. Two screws, 30 seconds. ;)

Comment

Great.... Now I'm going to have to find something to sell.

Comment

I was SOOOOO Wrong over on the banner guess thread(chose the Widow) but defeat is so SWEET in this case. It's the first time I've ever done a pre-order because FL has demonstrated to me that it is gonna be pretty much rock solid after observing all the other pilots "beta testing" the P-38 before I finally snagged one so that this time I'm gonna be in the front end of the fun on this Tiger because after all "Twins are 2X the Fun". This put the 1500 P-47 on hold for about 6 months. Really nice surprise Alpha.......now give me(PLEASE) a Bronco if FMS fails.
                          Warbird Charlie
                          HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Can we get a look at the 4 available liverys ??
                            Warbird Charlie
                            HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Awesome, stunning, outstanding, sweet and killer! I think the video captured those honest words about this F7F-3. Another home run from the A-Team of Flightline and Motion RC. Great job! :)

Comment

OV-10, there aren't many F7F-3 liveries on record in total, so we wanted to include mostly what we could find reliable references for from Grumman themselves, the National Naval Aviation Museum, and select online sources. Here are the four we'll be including in the box.

Marines 12
                                Marines G-142
                                Marines AZ-3
                                Navy 462

Comment

Callie is also preparing other decal sets, including both military decals and Reno decals.

Comment

Thanks Xplaneguy for being one of our pre-release test pilots! Lelu cruising through orange and pink sunset skies was a real treat for me to watch! I'll see you on Saturday. Martin might come fly with us. He just pre-ordered one for himself!

Comment

I've already downloaded and read the manual. I cannot wait to get my hands on this bird!

Comment

Pre-ordered! Alpha, it looks like another home run by the Flightline /Motion team. It's my birthday next week. Happy Birthday to me!!!

Bob

Comment

Working...
                                        X