Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reminds me of my guy that Akuma (Ben) painted for me for mine..
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2045.JPG
Views:	755
Size:	101.8 KB
ID:	154155Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2034.JPG
Views:	724
Size:	84.4 KB
ID:	154156 Just wish someone would have come out with a proper British pilot bust, but they look great in spite of themselves.

Grossman56
    Team Gross!

Comment

• 'First Light' by Goeffrey Wellum is definitely worth a read. What make is the pilot?
      Currently Fly: Durafly Spitfire MkVb, Eflite P47 1100mm, Parkzone FW190A-8, Parkzone SE5a, Dynam Tiger Moth, Eleven Hobby Bearcat, Parkzone Mosquito MKVI, Durafly Tundra
      Unflyable: Durafly Sea Vixen, Parkzone T28 (In temporary storage in tree)
      Retired: Hobbyzone Delta Ray 'Frankenplane'
      Wanted: Freewing A4

Comment

• G56, Yes, twin sons of different mothahs. I really like the Aces of Iron pilots, though it is difficult to find a straight-up RAF pilot in 1/7th. I did what I could do to pass muster. I am certainly not the caliber as Ben, though I must say I like doing the work. Like you, I hope one day somebody will produce an RAF series. Tammy named him so I'm poked if he goes down in enemy territory. LOL Best, LB
        I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
        ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
        ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimbobtheflimbob View Post
          'First Light' by Goeffrey Wellum is definitely worth a read. What make is the pilot?
          JBTFB, It is an 'Aces of Iron' P-51 pilot in 1/7th. Although it is visually just a bit big for the Spit air-frame, their pilots are great. I will look for the Wellum tome. Thanks & Best, LB
          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post

What kind of whistles?

Rob, I'm glad you're enjoying your Spitfire. I flew mine earlier this morning and it reminded me how relaxing it is to fly.
            They were from a generic nerf whistling footbal:) Like $5 for ball with 2 whistles instead of $20 for the nerf. They sound as good too:)

Comment

• Thats too awesome!:)

Comment

• Originally posted by JazzmanB View Post

They were from a generic nerf whistling footbal:) Like $5 for ball with 2 whistles instead of $20 for the nerf. They sound as good too:)
                You could probably mount them inside the wing radiators as they're not doing anything anyway..

Grossman56
                Team Gross!

Comment

• Hey Ya'll, The Rudder Mods continue. The design of this Flightline Spit is first-class and the parts are top-notch, I must say. Carbon rods with matching molded plastic set hinges make this so overly engineered it is truly impressive. Will Mod the lower rudder to extend and retract via micro servo as this is fairly simple, but will not rebuild the tail wheel to retract per the actual on this mod, possibly later. Best, LB
                  ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Well, I finished the cockpit on my Spitfire, I guess I could have added more detail but all in all I'm pretty happy with it, certainly looks better than the stock one!

Comment

• Welcome!!! Glad you are here..... Nice job!!!

Comment

• Looks great Orvel, welcome to the Squawk !!

Grossman56
                        Team Gross!

Comment

• Today I landed with a cross wind. I was pleased that I kept it in a straight line, but at the end, the cross wind knocked me a bit and my Stbd wing dragged on the runway. When I looked for damage I noticed that the wing tip had a plastic piece just at the right spot! No foam was damaged! This is my first foamy that has skid plates on the wing tips. I used to glue in those triangle plastic wing tip savers, but they hang down and don't look good.

So I'm impressed that Freewing/MRC thought through this and built in this feature. Very cool!

SJ

Comment

• Very nice! And with a spitfire crosswind is a bear. :Cool:

Comment

• Hi Everyone
                              New to this forum and would like some advice on the cog with the spitfire . My cog is 95 mm from the leading edge not 90 as the manual states . I have a sound system installed which has put the cog back a bit. Do I need to add extra weight to get 90 mm cog or is 95 ok. Thanks in advance

Comment

• Welcome aboard gazelle,

This Spitfire has a CG range of 20mm. It will fly between 90mm to 110mm and your 95mm will be just fine. Like most warbirds, keeping a forward CG will give you the best overall stability.

Comment

• The factory recommended CG is USUALLY a bit forward. This gives some added stability for the test flight.

Then personal preference, adjust SLOWLY. Never more than 1/8 inch at a time per 10 inch average chord. (until you are very familiar with doing CG adjusting)

My personal goal is to have very little down elevator needed for inverted. 0 down needed for inverted is pretty much the aft limit (with 0, 0 wing and tail-plane incidence) where further back is unstable.
                                  FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

• FH!!! You are gonna confuse the crowd with that zero zero zero datam line CG stuff!!! LOL Have a blessed weekend!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post
                                      FH!!! You are gonna confuse the crowd with that zero zero zero datam line CG stuff!!! LOL Have a blessed weekend!!!
                                      I understood what he said :PLOLI use the same setup standard;)
                                      Warbird Charlie
                                      HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• I know you understand.... I was just giving him a hard time since some of our new guys just assume that is all OK out of the box, or don't have a clue what that means at all!!! :-)

Comment

• All of my aerobatic birds were zero, zero, and balanced to be just slightly tail heavy with full throws...I mean slightly. When I let the sticks go while inverted to grab a scotch and water, it didn't auger in...…. LOL LOL

Comment

Working...
                                          X