X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post
    I know you understand.... I was just giving him a hard time since some of our new guys just assume that is all OK out of the box, or don't have a clue what that means at all!!! :-)
    And I knew you were poking at him Jerry that's why I had to jump on the pile and poke youLOL(see how bored I got after 66 days of no flying :Silly:)
    Warbird Charlie
    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Originally posted by Ole-Timer View Post
      Welcome aboard gazelle,

This Spitfire has a CG range of 20mm. It will fly between 90mm to 110mm and your 95mm will be just fine. Like most warbirds, keeping a forward CG will give you the best overall stability.
      Thanks Ole-Timer and Fhhuber
      This is my first large model and the weight seems heavy, so I really didn't want to add any more weight unless I had to.
      Just have to set up rates and she will be ready
      Cheers

Comment

• Some of these foamies come with so much difference in incidence between the main wing and horizontal that you have to cut the tail off and remount it to be able to do an outside loop.
        FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

• Hey Guys...another beautiful fall day and probably my last for the season. Got in seven more flights for a total of 34, and it just keeps getting better and better! My wife is out-of-town and last night I stayed up watching You Tube videos of Spitfires starting up and flying in airshows.Today I'd swear I was right there in the cockpit. What an amazing model!

I did notice today that to my surprise, part of one of my decals had come off in flight. Do any of you that got Callie Graphics have a stock decal, "Walkway Forward/Wheels Up When Indicator Flush", that you would be willing to part with? Just PM me and we can work it out!

Looking forward to next season...Tally Ho! Rob

Comment

• Originally posted by RCAV8R View Post
            Hey Guys...another beautiful fall day and probably my last for the season. Got in seven more flights for a total of 34, and it just keeps getting better and better! My wife is out-of-town and last night I stayed up watching You Tube videos of Spitfires starting up and flying in airshows.Today I'd swear I was right there in the cockpit. What an amazing model!

I did notice today that to my surprise, part of one of my decals had come off in flight. Do any of you that got Callie Graphics have a stock decal, "Walkway Forward/Wheels Up When Indicator Flush", that you would be willing to part with? Just PM me and we can work it out!

Looking forward to next season...Tally Ho! Rob
            I have them. I sent you a PM! Jerry

Comment

• Man, not only has MRC hit it out of the park with their great designs and customer service...they created Hobby Squawk where I have connected with some really great guys that love the hobby! Both the A-10 thread and this one have been fantastic. Thanks Jerry! Rob

Comment

• My wife mailed them today Rob. I just cut up the entire sheet and sent them all to you!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by RCAV8R View Post
                  Hey Guys...Looking forward to next season...Tally Ho! Rob
                  RCAV8R, Is your flying season really over? Great photo and your Spittie looks great. YES, TallyHo! I'm currently building more 3DP parts to mod to a Seafire XV and hope to get in the first check flight this month. Best, LB
                  I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                  ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                  ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Great to hear guys, that's what its all about, helping out the other guy!
                    I noticed that Captain Kevin's Spitty was having decal problems at Nefi, bubbling up, I gather, from the heat.
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3424.JPG
Views:	465
Size:	153.3 KB
ID:	155455
                    While mine, in the background, hasn't had that problem. Now, mind you, mine are Callie Graphics and Kevin's are stock, but a few good coats of Minwax Matte finish and you have some UV protection, which might help. Anyone else have this problem, just curious.

Grossman56
                    Team Gross!

Comment

• Wow, thank you so much Jerry! Yes LB, next weekend our club has an event, and I'm a fair-weather kind of flyer so I'm not optimistic about late October!

Hi Grossman...my decal just disintegrated. I use Solvaset on the water slide decals (and I think that was one) so it should have really bonded. No bubbling. The rest are fine. By the way, I was watching a documentary on Netflix about a Mk. I Spitfire and got the history of the Mark one's black and white paint scheme on the under-belly. Do you have that? I like your black spinner, white below and brown and green on top...looks distinctive! Rob

Comment

• Hey Rob!
                        I was actually going for the movie version from the Battle of Britain and they didn't do the black/white paint scheme on the belly, however, I noticed that they did use it in Dunkirk. The new movie, Hurricane, about the Polish squadrons in the BoB should be out soon and I believe the Hurricanes in the movie used it as well.
                        Mine is all weathered and messy on the bottom as it would have been taking off from wet and sometimes muddy grass fields. I'm sure that over all cleanliness was not paramount during the BoB !!

Name:	IMG_1977.JPG
Views:	448
Size:	115.6 KB
ID:	155621

Grossman56
                        Team Gross!

Comment

• The black/white undersides certainly stand out in the sky!
                          I can't recall a Mk IX being painted this way though, even for a film.

Comment

• Originally posted by meadowhay View Post
                            The black/white undersides certainly stand out in the sky!
                            I can't recall a Mk IX being painted this way though, even for a film.
                            No, my limited reading was that it was Dowding's idea in the beginning and the Duxford squadron in particular had it during Dunkirk (like Grossman said). When the camo changed to gray and green, there was a different underbelly too. But I agree, it was very distinctive and no doubt very effective! My latest source is a Netflix documentary about the restoration of a Mk I, "Guy Martin's Spitfire". Rob

Comment

• Hey Ya'll, Thought I'd post these pages from an old book I own. Might give you options for more outstanding liveries. The detail in the text is fascinating in and of itself. Best as always, LB
                              ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Thanks for posting that, Elbee! You're such a wealth of knowledge, like a Jedi Librarian.
                                Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
                                  Thanks for posting that, Elbee! You're such a wealth of knowledge, like a Jedi Librarian.
                                  Alpha, LOLLOL Truly High Praise, thank you. Perhaps you could tell 'she whose authority exceeds my rank' something similar on my behalf. Best, LB

~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Next batch when?

Comment

• Hey Y'all, Haven't had much build time, though I built some 3DP Seafire parts, Tailwheel Guard, Wing Hooks, 3-Light Panel, Rudder Light Fairing Halves, Rudder Trim Tab Arm/Fairing, Tie-Down Rings. I will post all the stl files for the cockpit and Seafire Mods in the 3DPrinting Forum here at the Squawk for those who would like to mod the print mods when I have those completed. Best, LB
                                      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Y'all, Just a quick look at some of the 3Dp parts installed. Extended rudder Trim Tab Control Arm, Arrestor Hook Assembly, Rudder LIght Fairing with Optional Warped Rudder Top,LOL and RudderTie-Down. Excuse the black primer with a dark background. Best, LB

Name:	Seafire_1.jpg
Views:	858
Size:	52.9 KB
ID:	157078

Name:	Seafire_2.jpg
Views:	804
Size:	33.5 KB
ID:	157079

Name:	Seafire_3.jpg
Views:	789
Size:	68.6 KB
ID:	157080

Name:	Seafire_4.jpg
Views:	593
Size:	41.9 KB
ID:	157081

~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Hey Guys...I apologize in advance for hijacking this thread! Yes, I know it has nothing to do with RC, or with Spitfires, but I wanted to share the project I have been working on in addition to flying. For the last six months I have been perfecting my modeling skills on a cheap 1/32 scale Revell kit of an F4U Corsair, one of my favorite warbirds. I was using a new airbrush, and tried using different washes, chalk, and a "chipping" technique that involved spraying on silver as a pre-shade, then covering with hairspray, and then when adding the top color coat, wetting the paint and brushing it off to reveal the chip effect. I'm really happy with the result, and maybe would feel more confident spending the money on a quality Tamiya kit! Unfortunately, none of these techniques probably would work on a foam base like our RC planes. Again, I promise not to hijack again...forgive me for wanting to share my work with those who would appreciate it! Rob

Comment

Working...
                                          X