Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheers LB. yours looks great! Very nicely detailed. Any tips or trick you learnt during the install? Any foam need carving? Looks like it fits straight in from your pics. I like the pilot, I’ll definitely be getting an Aces of Iron one.

Cheers BMK.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beetlemankurt View Post
      Cheers LB. yours looks great! Very nicely detailed. Any tips or trick you learnt during the install? Any foam need carving? Looks like it fits straight in from your pics. I like the pilot, I’ll definitely be getting an Aces of Iron one.

Cheers BMK.
      BMK, Thanks. I do not recall 'any' fit issues. I always 'black base/prime' my parts, other than that it's straightforward. Post pictures of your progress. Best, LB
      I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
      ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Just a bit of an update on the cockpit kit. Managed to splash a bit of paint on over the last couple of days when I’ve had a few spare minutes. Far from done yet but getting there.

Have added some more details out of foam and some wire from spare servo leads as seen in the first photo to add a bit more detail after looking at some reference photos. Not sure how much of it will actually be seen when installed but I’ll know it’s there! 😂...will most some more as things progress. So far it’s been fun 😁.

cheers BMK.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	B2F85504-E9A1-4855-9806-83F002F16CFF.jpeg
Views:	976
Size:	89.2 KB
ID:	233930
        Click image for larger version

Name:	4F87379F-A587-4E8C-8652-EA3E238CC813.jpeg
Views:	913
Size:	77.7 KB
ID:	233931

Comment

• Nice paintwork and extra detailing, BMK! Very sharp.
          Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Cheers Alpha, it’s getting there bit by bit. Quite a satisfying little project putting all of this together :).....

Regards BMK

Comment

• Isn't it curious how we spend so much time adding these lovely little details knowing full well that a crash is in our future? 🙄 😏 But boy, am I having fun adding those details!

Comment

• Originally posted by miatateer View Post
                Isn't it curious how we spend so much time adding these lovely little details knowing full well that a crash is in our future? 🙄 😏 But boy, am I having fun adding those details!
                MT, Well written. It is the inevitability that motivates some of the work as long as you have pictures before the 1st Check Flight. Best, LB
                ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Isn't it curious how we spend so much time adding these lovely little details knowing full well that a crash is in our future? 🙄 😏 But boy, am I having fun adding those details!
                  Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, never say it.
                  AMA 424553

Comment

• There’s two ‘C’ words that I won’t use.....and this is one of them! It’s a family show!........😂

Comment

• All I know is that if I ain't crashing, I ain't flying.
                      Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                      Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• I flew with the Air Force for 23 years and we never used the "C" word when we flew superstition bad luck whatever we never used it. To this day I still don't. I like mishap.

Comment

• I like it, no more cr....ing, just mishaps. Like my wife says when I come home with my head down, "happens, now either fix it or replace it and get back out there cause I didn't marry no pus...y". Gotta love her, hope she doesn't find out I use that act even after a good day of flying so I can order a new plane when I get the "itch". She may be catching on though as each time a new plane arrives she looks at me and says "I don't remember seeing that one before" and I'm sure she's not buying the excuse that the planes are breeding as my hangar is busting at the seams. Although I know her dresses, purses and shoes must be breeding cause I no longer have any space in any closet so why not pregnant planes?
                          Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                          Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• I do know that in all my years of flying, I've never had a "mishap" caused by "pilot error", always a "mechanical malfunction ". The NTSB concluded that there was always an error in the mechanical movements of the transmitter sticks in the wrong direction. Darn those cheap electronics, sticks moving in the wrong direction. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
                            Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman

Comment

• Originally posted by boomer108 View Post
                              I flew with the Air Force for 23 years and we never used the "C" word when we flew superstition bad luck whatever we never used it. To this day I still don't. I like mishap.
                              i don't ever cr.... I personally customize!
                              Platt: fw190d9 Dynaflite:PT-19 IMP:Macchi202 ESM:fw190 ESM:Tank, Hien Jackson:DH-2 BH:macchi200 Extr:fw190 Holman:me109F H9spit2 FL:F4u,spit 9 FW:me262 GP:us60, Stuka, cub, F4u PZ:me109, albi EF Hurri, T-28 FMS: 2x fw190, me109 Lone Star:Skat Kat RSCombat:2xfw190d9

Comment

• So with all those lovely cockpit details and my "Aces of Iron" pilot all painstakingly painted, I see that my cockpit glass is really not that clear. Is it common for the clear plastic to have foggy blotches? I did try washing it, but that didn't help at all.

Comment

So with all those lovely cockpit details and my "Aces of Iron" pilot all painstakingly painted, I see that my cockpit glass is really not that clear. Is it common for the clear plastic to have foggy blotches? I did try washing it, but that didn't help at all.
                                  MTT, Could be 'mold-release'. It's 'unclear' without a picture. Mineral Spirits is fairly benign on acetate sheet, but you might try that on a section you are going to paint, presuming you are repainting it. IPA should also remove mold release and it will not harm the clear parts at all in my experience. I have also used a pink metal polish called "Simichrome" to polish clear sheet as it is a very very light abrasive. I then rewash and check. Again try it first on under a painted part. Best, LB
                                  ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

So with all those lovely cockpit details and my "Aces of Iron" pilot all painstakingly painted, I see that my cockpit glass is really not that clear. Is it common for the clear plastic to have foggy blotches? I did try washing it, but that didn't help at all.
                                    Sounds like you have some chemical etching or deposits. Did you use CA glue close to the canopy or other harsh solvents? If so, as Elbee said you'd need to polished the plastic which would be hard unless you have a soft buffing wheel setup. Cheapest and easiest option would be to get a replacement canopy from Motion for 5 bucks.

Comment

• Hey Miatateer, just to add to the list of possible solutions, I use Meguiars PlastX plastic polish on polycarbonate RC car bodies and plane canopies. Very mild abrasive polish designed to clear cloudy headlights and minor scratches from clear plastics. I put some on my Spitty canopy even though it was already pretty clear and it still brightened it up.

Cheers
                                      Kurt

Comment

• In the past I have also had good success at times with dipping clear plastic parts in Future floor polish (or its modern equivalent).
                                        Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Thanks all! I will give some of these a try. Certainly isn't from CA fumes. I don't let that stuff anywhere near clear plastic. Came in the box with these foggy spots.

Comment

Working...
                                          X