X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
    Good to hear! Like so many of us (if not all) I can relate. Someone says something and it just opens up a new dimension. It's like the confusion on left and right when the airplane is coming at you. When I'm in the air, I have a few ways to 'unconfuse' an old brain. I'll do the hip swivel toward the direction of flight or I'll remind myself I'm doing a left turn pattern so therefore let is in towards the center of the field and right is outwards. Right turn pattern is the opposite of course.
    When taxiing towards me, I use the rule that I push the rudder stick toward the wing that I want to advance.
    These are all things someone just happened to mention.
    Works for me.

Grossman56
    Grossman56 been meaning to tell you for some time that I love your Avatar of "Kid "Shelleen" (assume it's his photo from Cat Ballou). Hadn't seen that flick for some time, but it was on yesterday and had my wife watch it (first time for her) and we couldn't stop laughing at virtually everything he did. He sure had the "eyes of a killer", and I'll drink to that!
    Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
    Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• To quote Lee Marvin when he received the Academy Award for his performance in that show
      "Somewhere out there in Arizona is a horse that deserves this as much as I do"
      That chase seen is priceless, I still laugh all the way through it!!
      Wolf City, Wyoming!

Grossman56
      Team Gross!

Comment

• Would anyone that used custom graphics have a surplus stock fuselage roundel I could buy from them please? The big yellow edged circle that goes on the side of the fuselage between the letters)
        I mucked it up and can’t find stock of the decal sheet anywhere.
        Happy to pay £5 / $6 plus postage for your time, can’t face flying without it. (I’m in the UK)
        Thanks.

Comment

• Aileron differential:

Anyone using it? I was going to bypass the blue box and plug the ailerons separately into the receiver so differential would be an option.

Comment

• Originally posted by Plodding View Post
            Aileron differential:

Anyone using it? I was going to bypass the blue box and plug the ailerons separately into the receiver so differential would be an option.

I have done that, not on this plane, I use a y. mainly because slaving one channel to the other, trim does not affect the slaved channel. this plane seams to rotate pretty good around the fuse, so there is really no need.
            Platt: fw190d9 Dynaflite:PT-19 IMP:Macchi202 ESM:fw190 ESM:Tank, Hien Jackson:DH-2 BH:macchi200 Extr:fw190 Holman:me109F H9spit2 FL:F4u,spit 9 FW:me262 GP:us60, Stuka, cub, F4u PZ:me109, albi EF Hurri, T-28 FMS: 2x fw190, me109 Lone Star:Skat Kat RSCombat:2xfw190d9

Comment

Would anyone that used custom graphics have a surplus stock fuselage roundel I could buy from them please? The big yellow edged circle that goes on the side of the fuselage between the letters)
              Happy to pay £5 / $6 plus postage for your time, can’t face flying without it. (I’m in the UK)
              Thanks.

Showing in stock.....
              1600mm Spitfire Decal Set from FlightLine - FLW303107 Decal Type: This is a standard sticky-back decal set.

Comment

• Thanks but it’s $23.23 to ship to the uk so just hoping someone has a single one that could be posted cheaper, out of stock in Motion rc Europe.

Comment

Would anyone that used custom graphics have a surplus stock fuselage roundel I could buy from them please? The big yellow edged circle that goes on the side of the fuselage between the letters)
                  Thanks.

https://www.fantasyprintshop.co.uk/d...-stickers/raf/

Comment

• Thank you so much, they have the exact size, you’ve saved the day.

Comment

• Next question......

I have bypassed the blue box for ailerons and flaps but left the gear plugged in, I thought it was supposed to simulate the real aircraft by staggering the retraction but they both seem to move together.
                      if they simply move together is there any reason to route them through the blue box or better just to Y cable them direct and leave the box purely for lights?
                      thanks.

Comment

• on the spit no. my retracts are y harnessed around the blue box. only thing I use the blue box for on the spit is lights, and my flasher (in the blue box) quit.

Joe
                        Platt: fw190d9 Dynaflite:PT-19 IMP:Macchi202 ESM:fw190 ESM:Tank, Hien Jackson:DH-2 BH:macchi200 Extr:fw190 Holman:me109F H9spit2 FL:F4u,spit 9 FW:me262 GP:us60, Stuka, cub, F4u PZ:me109, albi EF Hurri, T-28 FMS: 2x fw190, me109 Lone Star:Skat Kat RSCombat:2xfw190d9

Comment

• Thank you, I’ll bypass it then.

Comment

• It was my understanding too. But I also by passed it.

Comment

Happy to pay £5 / $6 plus postage for your time, can’t face flying withoutI’m in the UK)
                              Thanks.
                              Hi, I can send it to you for free in a small envelope. I live in Slovakia so it might be OK.

Comment

• Looks like I need a new elevator servo. I noticed she was twitchy when landing lately and when I tried adjusting the flap elevator mix, nothing would happen, then suddenly a big jump. Hmm, thinks I and I started smoothly pulling the stick back and sure enough, the elevator isn't moving smoothly, has a twitch. Anyone else run across this??

Grossman56
                                Team Gross!

Comment

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
                                  Looks like I need a new elevator servo. I noticed she was twitchy when landing lately and when I tried adjusting the flap elevator mix, nothing would happen, then suddenly a big jump. Hmm, thinks I and I started smoothly pulling the stick back and sure enough, the elevator isn't moving smoothly, has a twitch. Anyone else run across this??

Grossman56
                                  All my surfaces on every plane sometimes twitch wildly. But then I noticed sometimes I get nervous and my hand shake. Most likely that's my problem and not the servos. Figured out if I add enough expo, they get a little smoother.
                                  Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                                  Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• two years ago I noticed that my spit would not trim in elevator. if it was dropping 20ft in a level pass I would have to add 6 or 7 clicks to get it to fly level. then a minute later it was climbing. I had a few s131's on the shelf, put one in and its rock solid now!

Joe

Comment

• Mine does it too but I thought it was when I increase my gyro setting... hmmm.

Comment

• 1600 MM Spitfire with Admiral RX600SP set on combo "A" which is Gyro on all the time and recovery is controlled by the Bind Button switch "I" on my Srektrum 8E radio. I have an admiral 6000 battery installed. Question: When I try to take off, (low rate, 1/2 + throttle) the plane ascends about 5 feet and immediately dives hard left crashing upside down. It's not stalling, but the crash looks like a classic stall. Also, elevator is neutral until tail wheel comes up, then I apply up elevator at the low rate as mentioned. This was the fourth attempt at taking off with the same result. Any ideas as to why??? It appears immediately after take off I would have to add hard right aileron and that don't seem right. Watched many take off on YouTube and didn't see anything like that.

Comment

• Check the gyro Is set correctly, mounted correctly. Turn it off and try to be sure. Also this one requires a decent amount of right rudder when taking off or accelerating from slow speed.

Comment

Working...
                                          X