Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guys, could I trouble someone for a picture of their RX location please, im using a AR636.

Many thanks in advance.

Comment

• Originally posted by Necroscope View Post
      Guys, could I trouble someone for a picture of their RX location please, im using a AR636.

Many thanks in advance.
      Necroscope I've got my AR636 just behind the Rudder and Elevator servo upside down with the antenna traveling towards the back of the fuselage. In the photo below I hope you can see the location as things are kind of cramped in there. The photo has the fuselage upside down with the forward section to the left and the aft towards the right. I also have the Mr. RC Sound card (the older version V4.1 because the newer Aspire Board was a little too large) crammed into the area forward of the servos, also upside down. To complicate it further, I connected all 3 wing servo wires (gear/aileron/flap) into a locking 5 pin connector so I don't have to plug and unplug as many wires (now only one) when transporting the bird and assembling at the field. The white styrene cover over the servos is only to keep the connecting wing wires from tangling in the servos when attaching the wing. Hope this gives you an idea on where to locate your receiver. I did have to slightly re-bend the Rudder and Elevator servo control rods around the receiver so they did not interfere with operation.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200620_185241.jpg
Views:	933
Size:	134.2 KB
ID:	263522
      Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
      Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Very interesting Hugh, thank you, I never thought of that.

My original intention was to ship with the wings off, but she will just go in the car in one, so i will ship her like that and save the faff at the field.

Comment

• I need a favor for someone who has this plane with the stock gear, wheels and prop. Could anyone measure the distance from the very tip of the spinner to the ground .I am checking the clearance for this prop on another plane i have.

Thanks

Comment

• Well i finally flew my Spitfire this morning.

Set up by the book, big Turnigy 5K HD pack pushed all the way forwards, with a Spektrum AR636 smoothing things out for me.

Lost sleep last night as i didn't want to kill such a beautiful bird. I needn't have worried, what a beauty to fly. Significantly better behaved than my E-Flite 1.5m Mustang. It might not quiet have the legs, but its easier to take off and land. I love it.

Comment

• Necroscope, Congrats. The Spitfire is quite a sight airborne, isn't it. Best, LB
              I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
              ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
              ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Waiting for scramble order

Comment

• MANFRED I love that black/white under belly! That must look awesome in the air! Quite menacing if you ask me.
                  Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                  Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• It does help with the visibility

Comment

• Originally posted by MANFRED View Post
                      Waiting for scramble order
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	scramble.jpg
Views:	667
Size:	17.4 KB
ID:	265760

Comment

• Just maidened my Flightline Spitfire 1600 mm.
                        All went well but I have a question: does someone know how to make the flaps come down and retract SLOWLY?
                        I guess one has to bypass the ‘bluebox‘.
                        Great flyer but be careful on the ground...
                        Reduce your throws a lot but use hi-rate on your elevator on the ground.

Greetings from Holland!

Comment

• Originally posted by Andy777 View Post
                          Just maidened my Flightline Spitfire 1600 mm.
                          All went well but I have a question: does someone know how to make the flaps come down and retract SLOWLY?
                          I guess one has to bypass the ‘bluebox‘.
                          Great flyer but be careful on the ground...
                          Reduce your throws a lot but use hi-rate on your elevator on the ground.

Greetings from Holland!
                          What radio system are you using?
                          AMA 424553

Comment

• I use a Graupner MX-12 radio

Comment

• I don't know that radio but most modern radios in the flap setup has where you can slow them down, but the spitfire's flaps were full down or full up and not slowed down, just fyi. R.
                              AMA 424553

Comment

I use a Graupner MX-12 radio
                                I find the manual here, and it covers flap system on page 22. I don't see that it has a place to set the speed of flap deployment. I think that's where it would normally appear. So unless I am missing something, your Tx doesn't support that.

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/11...?page=2#manual

Comment

• Originally posted by Gringotuerto View Post

I find the manual here, and it covers flap system on page 22. I don't see that it has a place to set the speed of flap deployment. I think that's where it would normally appear. So unless I am missing something, your Tx doesn't support that.

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/11...?page=2#manual

thanks

Comment

• I haven's posted in awhile but I dusted off the 2 year old Spitfire and took it out for a ride... Kirk G was out taking photo's and I wanted to share them with the group. This is a fantastic flying aircraft !! second only to my favorite Corsair F4U :)

All the best
                                    Rich

Click image for larger version  Name:	P1120090.JPG Views:	0 Size:	35.5 KB ID:	267529Click image for larger version  Name:	P1120093.JPG Views:	0 Size:	33.9 KB ID:	267530Click image for larger version  Name:	P1120094.JPG Views:	0 Size:	34.7 KB ID:	267531Click image for larger version  Name:	P1120091.JPG Views:	0 Size:	34.3 KB ID:	267532

Comment

I use a Graupner MX-12 radio
                                      I does not appear your radio supports this feature. you could purchase a third party speed reducer to add on your flap channel..... or buy a newer radio :)

Rich

Comment

• Nice pictures Richj53

Comment

• Damn, i lost my complete engine and prop in flight. Why?? We don't know. Actual we couldn't find the motor and prop. I could "land" the extrem tailheavy model in the high gras. The rebuild has yet startet. For those, who enjoy the Scale Parts for the Spitfire here i have a small gift for you:

The Dimenson: DIN A4 true Size and will fit.

Not the best, but works

Comment

Working...
                                          X