X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post

Whoa, those are some beautiful FW-190's. Who makes those. I was recently looking at the Extreme Flight, Aces High division, and they now make two 62" balsa/monocoat ARF 190's. A little pricey after installing all the electronics/etc. but one looks exactly like your middle FW-190. I love my Extreme Flight plane and consider them to be the "Gold Standard" in balsa ARF's, so curious to find out if that's one of them. My Spitty too needs a worthy adversary.

The FW-190s are both repaints of the eflite 1500 that was recently released. The original paint is pretty horrible, but it is a fun and easy repaint.

Comment

• Getting rid of the spots or making them fuzzy would be #1 if I got one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
        Getting rid of the spots or making them fuzzy would be #1 if I got one.
        Check out the 2 190's from Aces High of Extreme Flight. Great weathering already done, camo one is superb and includes rivets! Right up my alley, not mods, painting or graphics needed for once.
        Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
        Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post

Check out the 2 190's from Aces High of Extreme Flight. Great weathering already done, camo one is superb and includes rivets! Right up my alley, not mods, painting or graphics needed for once.
          HUGH, I HAVE ONE and it flys great! the retract units are top notch. but the struts will fail to do what they do in 10 flights. most of us replace them with hobby king struts.

Joe
          Platt: fw190d9 Dynaflite:PT-19 IMP:Macchi202 ESM:fw190 ESM:Tank, Hien Jackson:DH-2 BH:macchi200 Extr:fw190 Holman:me109F H9spit2 FL:F4u,spit 9 FW:me262 GP:us60, Stuka, cub, F4u PZ:me109, albi EF Hurri, T-28 FMS: 2x fw190, me109 Lone Star:Skat Kat RSCombat:2xfw190d9

Comment

• Originally posted by paladin View Post

HUGH, I HAVE ONE and it flys great! the retract units are top notch. but the struts will fail to do what they do in 10 flights. most of us replace them with hobby king struts.

Joe
            Post Pictures, We Want Pictures, We want Pictures, as many as you can get. Do you mean the landing gear struts, that's so unlike Extreme Flight!
            Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
            Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• hugh, this is the thread on the plane:

Ace's high new warbirds by extreme flight rc - RC Groups

this is my post on the retracts:

RC Groups - View Single Post - Ace's high new warbirds by extreme flight rc

ITS A GREAT FLYING PLANE! just the poor struts make it alittle more expensive.

Joe
              Platt: fw190d9 Dynaflite:PT-19 IMP:Macchi202 ESM:fw190 ESM:Tank, Hien Jackson:DH-2 BH:macchi200 Extr:fw190 Holman:me109F H9spit2 FL:F4u,spit 9 FW:me262 GP:us60, Stuka, cub, F4u PZ:me109, albi EF Hurri, T-28 FMS: 2x fw190, me109 Lone Star:Skat Kat RSCombat:2xfw190d9

Comment

• The scale outline of the canopy on that aces high 190 is off... which is quite the damn shame since it would be so easy to get it right yet they didn't...

Comment

• yes, it is. the entire top of the fuse is off. typical for a fw190, nobody has done it write yet, but it flys superbly. mine is powered by a ntm 5060-380 on 8s turning a 14x9x3 it has no limits if i chose to fly that way.

Comment

• At last! Lockdown ended in the UK last week so maidened my Spitfire. It has 5000mah Admiral pro batteries set far forward and cg was per spec. Friday was disappointing, had two twitchy flights with over sensitive pitch control. So dialed in more expo and reduced movement, but still hard work to fly.
                    Today I attached 7oz lead to the top front of the battery and it flew great just as everybody described. Landing was much easier, still plenty of control even on low rates.
                    I post this because it's not what I was expecting from the many reviews I've read, but so happy it's now sorted. I'll increase flight times to 9 minutes for next week. I'll check tomorrow where my cg is now.

Comment

• Grossman56
                      Grossman56 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I had the same problem, until I weighted up the nose, made the world of difference. If you have the money, go a bigger/heavier battery and add weight that way, might as well get more bang for your buck. I fly 4500 6s all the way forward and added 2.5 oz of weight just aft of the motor, inside the battery hatch. Flies like a hotdamn now!

Grossman56

• How did you folks get that canopy off without tearing things up I have a well painted pilot for mine as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mark Franke View Post
                      How did you folks get that canopy off without tearing things up I have a well painted pilot for mine as well.
                      MF, I use a stainless steel artist's spatula.form Hobby Lobby. It is flexible and long enough to get behind the canopy and still slice the adhesive. Once you can lift a corner or edge, peel and slide the spatula along. At some point you might be able to pull the canopy off with cutting or slicing. There will be some paint peeling dependant on where the OEM glue is, so just go slowly and deliberately. Best, LB
                      I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                      ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Same here but using a scalpel...

Comment

• Amazon.com: Excel Blades #26 Whittling Blade, 5 Pack, American Made Replacement Hobby Blades: Arts, Crafts & Sewing

Joe

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	image_70480.jpg
Views:	589
Size:	121.6 KB
ID:	307554 Hey Guys... Sharing my latest effort....
                            Just finished my Spit repaint. Callie Graphics. Aces of Iron Pilot ... I think I FUBAR'd the Nose art... its backwards and should only be on one side. LOL I wasn't going to pull it off Thanks... getting an early start on next years March Madness.
                            Attached Files
                            Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• Originally posted by e4dragongunner View Post
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	image_70480.jpg
Views:	589
Size:	121.6 KB
ID:	307554 Hey Guys... Sharing my latest effort....
                              Just finished my Spit repaint. Callie Graphics. Aces of Iron Pilot ... I think I FUBAR'd the Nose art... its backwards and should only be on one side. LOL I wasn't going to pull it off Thanks... getting an early start on next years March Madness.
                              WOW, great looking Spitty! Love the invasion stripes on the bottom, the subtle weathering, the wheel/strut/gear door work and outstanding work on the pilot. He looks just a little pissed off too, exactly what you need when defending the home land! Nose art looks great, wouldn't have even guessed it was backwards (looks fine to me) and you definitely need it on both sides even if it's not supposed to be there; never know which side you're going to be looking at it from so better to "cover all the bases".
                              Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman

Comment

• Haha Thanks Hugh!
                                Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• Just discovered that mice find that the Spitfire foam taste’s good... if you store your plane in a storage shed don’t ignore any mouse droppings... kill em quick☠️ Fortunately just a little battle damage nibble.

Comment

• Hi guys, had some great flying and lots of interest as it's the first Spitfire in the club.
                                    But had a bad landing in thick grass when I missed the runway. I am trying to extract the pin from the uc leg, using lots of heat to soften the glue and hammering using the drift you can see.
                                    Is this the right way to do it? It feels like the drift is being stopped from reaching the pin.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeffco View Post

Hi guys, had some great flying and lots of interest as it's the first Spitfire in the club.
                                      But had a bad landing in thick grass when I missed the runway. I am trying to extract the pin from the uc leg, using lots of heat to soften the glue and hammering using the drift you can see.
                                      Is this the right way to do it? It feels like the drift is being stopped from reaching the pin.

For some reason, the photo is not showing up on my computer. It may be me, but not sure.

2 ways to load photos, 1st by hitting the camera icon on the top left and then go to "Upload" icon on the bottom left and it will accept a jpg, jpeg, png, or gif file. After the photo loads, you can select the "size". It then imbeds the photo in the text where ever you place the cursor. Or 2nd way is to hit the icon on the top right, first icon then go to the bottom left and hit "Upload Attachments". Then select the photo and hit open and it will imbed the photo (as many as you want with a written caption if you like) at the bottom of the text with the photo being relatively small that the reader can click on and enlarge.

Look at e4dragonrunner's post a bit above, the first photo I believe he did by the 1st method, and all the rest at the bottom with the 2nd method.
                                      Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman

Comment

• Thanks, here is that photo.

Comment

Working...
                                        X