Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now were talking I love the bigger planes by far and a spitfire how can I deny this one!!!

Comment

Originally posted by fieldofdreamsflyer View Post

So Im hearing that you guys put the pilot door on the wrong side of the plane.
      No, it's the U.S. version...we fly on the right side of the sky.
      TiredIron Aviation
      Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

Well I know what my first Spit is going to be. :)
        My YouTube RC videos:
        https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

I must say that is a stunning model, and a very nice size. Excellent work Alpha. Being English I must have one. I do like the wonderful shape of the Spitfire.

Martin.

Comment

Yet another Ball Park Knock out for FlightLineRC ;) Well done guys!!!!
            Brandon Moon

Comment

Awesome! never flown a Spit, but I will now..this gives me high hopes that the Bearcat will be upsized.....Paleeeze!
              www.TSHobbies.com
              Hobby Paint racks and acrylic display stands for collectibles.

Comment

I personally would like to see an upsized Me-109 and Stuka ;) ....especially the "Stuka" 1700mm or LARGER ;)
                Brandon Moon

Comment

My first glow powered plane was a spitfire. This looks fun

Comment

Welcome back Alpha! This bird looks great and the perfect size.

Comment

The door hinge is actually on both sides. See the picture showing the door hinge on the correct side (port).

The mold maker changed the drawing without telling us, thinking it was a mistake that we had omitted it on the starboard side. An unfortunate quirk, but not worth making a new $40k mold to rectify a hinge line most people wouldn't notice, and if they did, is a 1 minute fix to shave down. This is one of the reasons why I didn't claim it was 100% scale.
                      Attached Files
                      Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Thanks everyone for your comments! We're happy this bird has come along so far without a leak. We plan on beginning production in about a month.

Comment

Kudos to Alpha and all at MRC for continuing to add to the 1400mm + birds, this is my sweetspot!!!

Comment

LOL...More "Project Lelu's" ;)
                            Brandon Moon

Comment

Originally posted by redtwilight View Post

Do it! We need more Bipes and WWI craft.
                              My vote is a Fokker D-VI. Also I'm still pushing for a Grumman G-164B AgCat.;)
                              I want to see these also!!!

Comment

I'd love a Grumman F3F bi-plane but unless it's already in the works it's my understanding it takes almost 2 years from inception to production of a new model.

Comment

Originally posted by Beeg View Post
                                  I'd love a Grumman F3F bi-plane but unless it's already in the works it's my understanding it takes almost 2 years from inception to production of a new model.
                                  We plan at least two years in advance for most products, and yes it averages over a year for each to reach production, but sometimes we can reduce the actual start-to-finish period to ~8 months. It just depends on the model, complexity, precedent, what else is in the pipeline, etc. This Spitfire was very quick, since we developed most of the early FlightLineRC series with the intention of eventually going bigger.

A big biplane would be neat! We've demonstrated that the 1600mm+ class of twin warbirds is a viable market category, as he had established with the 80mm/$299 pricepoint for EDFs, and the Super Scale Series of 90mms. I think a reenvisioned 1500mm-1600mm class of single engine propeller driven aircraft at the price range we're talking ($349 on the high end) is also viable. It is less about category domination, and more about category diversity. I want big stuff, tiny stuff, and every financially sustainable size in between.

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
                                    The door hinge is actually on both sides. See the picture showing the door hinge on the correct side (port).
                                    Seriously? I could care less which side the door opens. I buy them to fly them. When they're wizzing by 50 feet up, nobody's going to know or care which side the door opens. I don't buy them to hang them up and look at them with a magnifying glass. Scale aficionados are a strange bunch.
                                    I've always liked the real Spit, but have never liked any of the foamies. Everyone one of those Spits had tipsy ground handling due to the stance and wheels. The things that caught my eye about this one is -- 6s, 1600mm, easy break down, oversized wheels and designed with grass operation in mind. I may have to change my mind about this foamie Spit.
                                    First, the 80mm A-10. Now this. I hope the tax man will be generous with me this year.

Comment

Here's a photo of the actual Hybrid wing we're using in the Spitfire. Earlier I had posted a photo of the A-10's Hybrid wing. Held up to the light, you can see the lengthwise ply ribs and the spanwise carbon spars. The lightest areas are hollow.
                                      Attached Files

Comment

Very Nice...I like it :) That definitely keeps a lot of the weight off her
                                        Brandon Moon

Comment

Now you have my interest... Dangit! Lol

Comment

Working...
                                          X