Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Like to see a big P-40 or Hellcat

Comment

HELLCAT PLEASE! how does it fly? I have always been scared of the spit becasue of the elliptical shape and heard they are more sensitive to etc....
      AMA 1102566

Comment

A big P-40 would be nice. I don't like the shark eye on the FMS plane.

Comment

I'll take any P-40/BF-109G/P-38/Stuka/Concorde/SR-71/F-18/F4U/WWI in giant scale, thank you. :)
          My YouTube RC videos:
          https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

LX makes a big 2000mm P-40. There are a few quirky things about it which a modeler will want to inspect before flight and address if necessary, but otherwise, it checks the box for "Big P-40".

Back on topic, here is more information about Squadron Leader Tony Gaze, one of the two pilots whose aircraft markings we are including with the FlightLineRC 1600mm Spitfire Mk.IX. What a gentleman, may he rest in peace:

久久99a视频一区二区-国产精品久久天天影视-亚洲精品在线观看网站-亚洲日韩成人在线电影-国产成人在线网站视频-久久99日精品视频-无码不卡永久视频在线播放网站

Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

New link to the Sneak Preview for the FlightLineRC Spitfire was created here (click the YouTube icon on the bottom right to watch in larger display):

Comment

Alpha, I love this Sneak Preview video. I've probably watched it ten times! lol It is very well behaved. Excellent job!

Comment

Same here! Can't wait to get this plane.

Comment

Looks fantastic. I have been flying the 1400mm Phoenix Spitty and it has been a bit of a handfull. The last one was the last one. I'll be onto this when it comes out. Thanks for the Tony Gaze livery ... a great Aussie Ace

Comment

Originally posted by tezact View Post
                      Looks fantastic. I have been flying the 1400mm Phoenix Spitty and it has been a bit of a handfull. The last one was the last one. I'll be onto this when it comes out. Thanks for the Tony Gaze livery ... a great Aussie Ace
                      Sorry to hear that your Phoenix has/had been a handful. Mine has been spectacular but when it's expiration date comes due it WILL be replaced with this.
                      Also, welcome to the Squawk !!!!
                      Warbird Charlie
                      HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

This plane looks super! Too bad I had just built a Seagull 80" ws version. But this size is a little more manageable and I like the near-scale details. Definitely needs matte finish!!

Comment

I'm ready...bring on the pre-order!!! One day maybe an earlier Mk.II like this one..

. Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0132.jpg Views:	1 Size:	128.8 KB ID:	58747
                          F=ma

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
                            The door hinge is actually on both sides. See the picture showing the door hinge on the correct side (port).

The mold maker changed the drawing without telling us, thinking it was a mistake that we had omitted it on the starboard side. An unfortunate quirk, but not worth making a new $40k mold to rectify a hinge line most people wouldn't notice, and if they did, is a 1 minute fix to shave down. This is one of the reasons why I didn't claim it was 100% scale.
                            Well heck, then I won't order it! How dare you tease us with an inaccurate Spitfire!!
                            JUST KIDDING!!!!
                            Just the fact that the door is hinged impresses the heck out of me. How much detailing in the cockpit??
                            Full sized pilot figure??

Grossman56

Team Gross!

Comment

Originally posted by dsa44 View Post
                              This plane looks super! Too bad I had just built a Seagull 80" ws version. But this size is a little more manageable and I like the near-scale details. Definitely needs matte finish!!

Welcome to Hobbysquawk, dsa44! I haven't owned Seagull's balsa version, how do you like it so far?

Dan, just to be clear for those reading along, the door hinge is depicted in the foam, not modeled in a moving sense.

The Spitfire PNP will include a 1/7 pilot bust, but as described in my announcement, elevator and rudder servos were installed enough away from the cockpit floor to allow an ambitious modeler to cut the floor out and install their own full depth cockpit. Structurally, the seat floor is not load bearing, so it can be cut into without worrying your plane will fold in half during maneuvers. We won't include a full size scale figure --I just don't think the majority of the market wants to pay the extra money for that sort of thing in a PNP, but there are a couple full depth 1/7 pilot figures out there. The one on warbirdpilots.com is about ~$70 for a full body 1/7 WWII RAF pilot, if memory serves. If I had $70 lying around, I'd probably put one in this Spitfire because the bird is worth some aftermarket detailing and the stock pilot bust is just a standard WWII Allied bust, but alas, I don't have $70 lying around. Aces of Iron of course has 1/7 pilot busts for only $20 that are very highly detailed and much lighter, but if we're being picky, that's an American pilot. I would love if Aces of Iron had a 1/7 and 1/10 RAF bust. I would be put to good use...

Comment

Hi , FlightLineRC 1600mm Spitfire Mk. IX. I am the owner of the Spitfire I FMS 1400 (discontinued) and frankly she is not a good flyer. FlightLineRC 1600mm Spitfire Mk IX, it seems that this would be a suitable size and model for my liking.:cool:

Comment

Wow, this Spitfire looks amazing!! So impressed and like Ryan, have watched the sneak peak video too many times, LoL! Was thinking about the smaller/current version as most of my other warbirds that size and have the batteries, but given how good this version looks, flies, and the fact it has detachable wings, thinking I have to pull the trigger on it! Wish batteries weren't quite so expensive. BTW, you guys are just killing it with these models - awesome! Was also thinking about the Tigercat, awesome as well. In honor of both, here are a few pics from a past trip to PNW (planes at Flying Heritage and Historic Flight Foundation)

Comment

Hey mjemery67 and MesRcPilot, welcome to the HobbySquawk forum!
                                    Hey Alpha, I was asking from the point of view of what I would have as a starting point for a cockpit mod as I'm sure Brandon Moon and Warbird Charlie are also sizing it up for. Looks like a great project for this bird. Speaking of the structure of the bird, would there be a problem cutting and hinging a side door or would that damage the integrity?

Grossman56
                                    Team Gross!

Comment

Unless theres a carbon rod running through that spot, the door is small enough, I dont see what it would hurt.
                                      www.TSHobbies.com
                                      Hobby Paint racks and acrylic display stands for collectibles.

Comment

That's what I was thinking, but you never know where a rod may be running. Of course, that would involve making a sliding canopy if the stock one is a one piece, but the result would be great looking.

Grossman56
                                        Team Gross!

Comment

• Hi mjemery67 and MesRCPilot, welcome to Hobbysquawk! Thanks for posting those photos, mjemery67.

Grossman, there aren't any structural areas around the cockpit, including the door. It's ready to mod to your modder heart's delight!

Comment

Working...
                                          X