Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's a little eye candy while we wait to see the custom birds.

Comment

• Great pics...thanks Ryan! Looking forward to getting my Spitfire put together and in the air.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
        First! LOL

Just need to add decals and she's good to go!

Click image for larger version

Name:	unnamedsmall.jpg
Views:	719
Size:	483.6 KB
ID:	89917
        Nice job on the invasion stripes, hoping to have mine ready for maiden on Saturday. Brad

Comment

• Damn nice paint job Aros.
          The home hangar seems to breed!!

Comment

• Thanks fellas! Realized after looking at the side (aft of cockpit) stripes that I need to increase the width of the far aft white stripe by an inch or so but other than that I am really pleased with the results, especially the Frog Tape that did a stellar job of no bleeds! Perfect, crisp lines.

My YouTube RC videos:
            https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Looking great Aros! Remember, stripes don't "have" to be crisp to be accurate. We all like crisp lines though!

Comment

• Ryan, Love this shot with the lighting!

Name:	fetch?photoid=89942.jpg
Views:	428
Size:	68.6 KB
ID:	89976

Comment

• Originally posted by Beeg View Post
                  Ryan, Love this shot with the lighting!

Name:	fetch?photoid=89942.jpg
Views:	428
Size:	68.6 KB
ID:	89976
                  Plus 1. That's just beautiful.

Comment

• Woohoo! Successful maiden even though we have a fair crosswind this morning. Thought I was going to loose it on takeoff but alas, all is well! Definitely needs a little up elevator. This thing flies AWESOME! :Cool: Lands like a dream.

Comment

• Awesome mate. Grats!

Comment

• Thanks Shirty.

A little side note. Flying pretty hard in my usual style I had my initial timer setting at 5 minutes. Landed shortly after. Admiral 50C 5000 and had 64% left over. This is great. This model will probably easily do 8 minutes in my usual style of flying. I've heard others getting 10-12 minutes. If you left it wide open the entire time you're still looking at probably 6-7 minutes easy.

Comment

• Congrats Beeg! I flew mine again this morning...Same thing, crosswind and I still needed to dial in a little up trim, and A LOT of up mix in my flap settings. Nothing beats greasin' a warbird! :Cool:

And Ryan/Mike that shot is amazing. Looks completely full scale. Not job!
                          My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Okay can someone share with me the magic technique to peel these decals off the paper? Holy cow I am going to lose it! LOL
                            My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• I used a single edge razor blade and just slide in under the edge of the decal to get it high enough to peel. There is definatly no bending the edge to get it up. My first attempt just bending or trying to catch it with a fingernail resulted in the paper pull. Thank god i caught it on the othe end and got it peeled with the blade. After that useing the razor blade it was quite easy. Hope this helps. I just hated putting on the yellow stipe on the edge of the wing:Silly:. Made my eyes go crossedLOL.
                              Dewey l

Comment

• Thanks Dewey...I want to see if we can't get these decals a bit more user-friendly. You should be able to easily peel them up with your fingers...
                                My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• I maidened my Spit today. She had too much up trim and lifted off more quickly that I had planned. But, she didn't torque roll on me, and as I brought on more power, she climbed out nicely. A few clicks of down and right roll, and she was dialed in nicely. It was a moderately windy day, with winds about 12 knots, gusting to near 20. Even with 30% expo, I felt that my ailerons and elevator had a bit too much throw, and I'll mechanically tune them down a bit. I never saw any indication of tip stall (either low or high speed), even though I had cranked in full elevator in a half Cuban 8. Due to a wind gust, just before touchdown, I landed a bit hard on my grass field (which needs mowing), and the gear pulled out of the gear well (not the first time that this has happened... I've yet to fly a PNP foamy in which the retract box is bonded well to the foam). Easy fix. Unfortunately, a prop broke as well, and, of course, I don't yet have replacements on hand. So, can't fly again this weekend, but will hopefully have her back into the air next weekend.

Name:	IMG_5441.JPG
Views:	595
Size:	241.9 KB
ID:	90044
                                  ---
                                  Warbirder

Comment

• I'm glad the damage wasn't any worse than that:Cool:
                                    TiredIron Aviation
                                    Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Hey Aros...great job on the invasion stripes! I'm assuming you sprayed it? What paint did you use and did you prime it first? I'm doing MH434 and I'm gonna do the version with the stripes on the bottom of the wing and lower fuse. Graphics from Callie will be here Tuesday...including nomenclature. Actually thinking of painting the yellow leading edges too...those peel and stick ones scare me...seems like it will be really hard to line up right.
                                      Big time propeller head
                                      Love flying scale and 3D
                                      Currently building a GP SE5A

Comment

• Oxotnik,

I made my first flight yesterday. I used the suggested settings and was using the low rate for my first flight with no expo. I had too much up elevator in the flap mix and ended up floating in for a landing. Unfortunately, I too lost both landing gear. Thankfully, my props didn't break. The amount of glue used in the wheel wells was pitiful. I've used Foam Tac and am ready to hit it again tomorrow. She is a beautiful bird in the air.

Good luck and blue skies.

Comment

• Guys, there's a technique to install vinyl graphics that make it quite easy. Spray the area of the model with Windex or similar, peel off the inside of the graphic so the sticky side is exposed and spray it as well. This liquid will give you time to move the graphic around if needed and deal with wrinkles etc. if on a curved surface. When you're happy with the placement spray the paper covering the vinyl with the Windex (this helps release the vinyl) and squeegee over the graphic with a credit card. Do this thoroughly then be patient and give the adhesive on the vinyl some time to stick (maybe 10 mins.) then carefully peel off the backing straight along the direction of travel to avoid lifting the vinyl. Blot any lifted areas down with a soft cloth and you should be good.
                                          Tom

Comment

Working...
                                          X