Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aros im saddened to hear about your spit going in. One thing that i noticed when putting mine together was that the esc wires were extended fully to the back of the battery tray and the esc was not fastened in any way. So being suspicious i removed the battery tray and found the wires were pulling apart just from handleing the aircraft. At this point i securely plug them back together and felcrowed the esc down. Dont know if this is what happened in you case but it's something to look at.:(.
    Dewey l

Comment

• Originally posted by Dewey H Lee View Post
      Aros im saddened to hear about your spit going in. One thing that i noticed when putting mine together was that the esc wires were extended fully to the back of the battery tray and the esc was not fastened in any way. So being suspicious i removed the battery tray and found the wires were pulling apart just from handleing the aircraft. At this point i securely plug them back together and felcrowed the esc down. Dont know if this is what happened in you case but it's something to look at.:(.
      Maybe some ESC extensions would be in order as well??

Grossman56
      Team Gross!

Comment

• Dan the leads are plenty long but the esc is free to float unimpeded below the plywood deck. It slides around. Only the stiffness of the leads keeps it from moveing front to back but it slides easily from side yo side. Ive not had a plane that the esc has actually had that much free space.
        on a side note i loved all your pics from nefi. Great job
        Dewey l

Comment

• Originally posted by Dewey H Lee View Post
          Austang that was some really great pilot skills to save a bad situation. GREAT work:Cool::)
          Thanks mate. :Whew:

Comment

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
            Nice work Austang! Welcome to the Forum, and let me compliment your son on the great video work as well.
            Reminds me of the first flight with the Tigercat. Had way to much mix in her, so the first landing was with no flaps. Rolled all the mix out of her on mid and full flaps and flew the second flight like that. Mids were fine, but full needed some mix, so landed with half flaps and added a bit of mix. Through trial and error, although not quite as much error as originally, I found the sweet spot for my plane.
            The main goal for any maiden is to get her safely back on the ground, you accomplished that in Spades!!

Grossman56
            Thanks mate, I'll pass it on to him, and yeah, like you say, Its all about getting her home safely.

Comment

• Here is a video of my maiden flight. One of my good friends was there to record the maiden flights. While my take off was a little shaky once I got up high enough I only required three clicks of up elevator. As I got more confident in the flight I started to get lower and lower. I just cant believe how well this plane flies. My first five flights I didn't use flaps as I had the elevator timed the wrong way. But thanks to Brad I will resolve this tomorrow evening and try and get some nice low flying / setting sun video shots.

Pardon the music as I didn't make the video.

Just to give an comparison of what I normally fly. Here is a short video of Hanger9 330SC Extra.

I was a little reluctant in getting the Spitfire as I thought I would get bored of it. All I can say is after five flights I am so happy with FlightLine and MotionRC

Jeff

Comment

• Great to hear Jeff, great no flap landing. It's a very impressive bird, I hope its the first in a long line of 1600 mm single engine FlightLine R/C airplanes.
                Still waiting to see the Me 109E.

Grossman56
                Team Gross!

Comment

• Hey Jeff, great job on the maiden and thanks for the thanks. Here's a little video my friend Carlos put together this last weekend.

Comment

• I'm a little confused about using the flaps (so some others on the rcgroups) To make my question clear, this is my first plane with flaps. I always thought that flaps will point the nose down.
                    But now i read that this bird must have some UP trims to the elevator, does this means UP in the sense of usally to point the nose up? (the elevator will move upwards)

Comment

• Correction: I always thought that flaps will point the nose UP.

Comment

• Hi Franky , if you don't mind ,here is info abt RC- flaps : https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...anding-w-Flaps

Comment

• Originally posted by franky View Post
                          I'm a little confused about using the flaps (so some others on the rcgroups) To make my question clear, this is my first plane with flaps. I always thought that flaps will point the nose down.
                          But now i read that this bird must have some UP trims to the elevator, does this means UP in the sense of usally to point the nose up? (the elevator will move upwards)
                          You are correct....point the nose up. This Spitfire acts differently than most RC warbirds.

Comment

• Thank you MesRCpilot for the link and Radfordc for confirmation about the flaps. I have not flown this spit with flaps, i will give it a try.

Comment

• You are welcome Franky , you definitely need to use flaps for Spitfire, lower speeds on take off and landing, and allow you to have steep angle of approach on the landing site. Happy flaps flying.
                              Rgds Jos.

Comment

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
                                Great to hear Jeff, great no flap landing. It's a very impressive bird, I hope its the first in a long line of 1600 mm single engine FlightLine R/C airplanes.
                                Still waiting to see the Me 109E.

Grossman56

Thanks for your support, Jeff! Glad to see maidens on this aircraft from around the world. I'm a little late to the game since I've been away from the forums for awhile as my focus is on our peak production season.
                                Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Originally posted by MesRcPilot View Post
                                  You are welcome Franky , you definitely need to use flaps for Spitfire, lower speeds on take off and landing, and allow you to have steep angle of approach on the landing site. Happy flaps flying.
                                  Rgds Jos.
                                  I would recommend not using flaps for takeoff. The Spit gets off quickly with no flaps.

Comment

• Mr. radfordc , I use flaps without any problems and taking off from a relatively short path, so it's help me .Thanks for your time.

Comment

• Originally posted by barron06 View Post
                                      I, too, am sorry to hear this Aros. It is a bummer. The thing is, no matter what we do to try to prevent things like this, Murphy can find a way. You simply may have had some encased component short out, thus browning out the rx.

My Spits blue box prevented the gear from working. MRC my me whole but I wondered what the problem was so I disassembled the defective one. Popping the case removing the white sealant, revealed the gear lead just setting there. I don't know what they use to bond these leads but I could see no solder on it... or the working leads, which were obviously attached. It almost looked like they did a "spot weld" on these guys, if there is such a thing for solder. I was trying to build up my confidence in using these boxes for flight controls but I have taken (another) step back from them. The failure must be low on them but still... However, I do think they get wrongly blamed for lots of crashes.
                                      mine only controls the lights! I plugged it into an open bay on my RX. we have had two crashes this year from accomplished pilots both traced back to the blue box.

Joe
                                      Platt: fw190d9 Dynaflite:PT-19 IMP:Macchi202 ESM:fw190 ESM:Tank, Hien Jackson:DH-2 BH:macchi200 Extr:fw190 Holman:me109F H9spit2 FL:F4u,spit 9 FW:me262 GP:us60, Stuka, cub, F4u PZ:me109, albi EF Hurri, T-28 FMS: 2x fw190, me109 Lone Star:Skat Kat RSCombat:2xfw190d9

Comment

• Todd, I'm really sorry that happened man- hope you can find the cause. Losing a plane just sucks....
                                        Tom

Comment

• I also had issues with the blue box. The gears would cycle sporadically like there was not enough current getting to the gear servos. One would cycle, the other not. Or one gear would lower and then the other gear one at a time. Sometimes only one. I then y-ed the two to the receiver and presto. Full gear cycle at the same time working perfectly. The only thing I have wired now to the blue box are the lights.

Still waiting to make my maiden flight then a small set back today. I have my planes mounted in my office resting on pvc threaded pipe attached to steel 1/2" base plates secured to the wall. After several days of sitting fine on the padded pvc pipes apparently the weight of the Spitfire was too much for the threaded pvc and one broke at the threads dropping the plane to the floor. Busted wingtip and dented rudder. Parts on the way for repair before she even gets off the ground. Bummer. Can't wait to fly her.

Comment

Working...
                                          X