Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Off on a tangent here....regarding American machinery and hardware.....from a historical point of reference it is interesting to see "ALL" machinery and mechanized systems of war- and good to understand what was used and how. However participating in a 4th of July parade with German BMW Sidecar just does not sit right with me. So it's good to understand and preserve all memories of history.....but I too would rather Honor our colors while offering combatant hardwares for their appropriate venues.

TwistedGrin

Comment

• Originally posted by TwistedGrin View Post
      Off on a tangent here....regarding American machinery and hardware.....from a historical point of reference it is interesting to see "ALL" machinery and mechanized systems of war- and good to understand what was used and how. However participating in a 4th of July parade with German BMW Sidecar just does not sit right with me. So it's good to understand and preserve all memories of history.....but I too would rather Honor our colors while offering combatant hardwares for their appropriate venues.

TwistedGrin
      In my Tired Iron Military Vehicle Club we only did parades with U.S. vehicles, man I miss driving tanks on the highway.
      TiredIron Aviation
      Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post

In my Tired Iron Military Vehicle Club we only did parades with U.S. vehicles, man I miss driving tanks on the highway.
        That my friend must have been a very enjoyable cruise indeed
        TwistedGrin

Comment

• Originally posted by TwistedGrin View Post

That my friend must have been a very enjoyable cruise indeed
          TwistedGrin
          If you go to my site and under events there's a bunch of pics and videos of my M114s and my M5A1 Stuart...I miss them :(
          TiredIron Aviation
          Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Indeed, I don't mind British colors either, I met a few of the British folks in FOB Adder. Good people indeed.

Comment

• Back to the discussion about Warbirds.....

I like the TA-152 and LA-7, too, but when it comes to warbirds, i'd really like to stay bigger, in the 1500+ range. Those planes look really cool, especially the Soviet one, but it's just too small (my opinion, of course).

I agree about not making another Mustang. I love it, and I have a nice FMS 1450mm -B model, but the Mustang has got to the be the most over-modeled of any Warbird in history. That's got to be a tough decision deciding what planes to invest in producing. As long as the Flightline Warbird is in the 1600 mm size range, I'll be picking one up, no matter what it is (except the Tigercat....still can't talk myself into that one, for some reason).

Thanks guys!

Comment

• AZ your missing out on the Tigercat. It is so well behaved. I love it on approach!

Comment

• ..and a only a little less than 300 fewer Tigercats were produced than P-61's and it served actively nearly the same years with both retiring from active duty in 1954. I wouldn't call it rare. Just not well known because it went operational on Okinawa the week of the surrender. It was active in the US mainland all through 1944 just like the Bearcat.

Comment

• just watched the battle of Britain last night, had a small plastic spitty hanging form the ceiling as a kid, running out of room in hanger, perfect looking spitfire just coming from motion,,,,,,,,,,,,,AAAAUUURRRRGGGG :o)
                    Nice work guys , she looks great and just might finally get me into a spitfire.

WRT wants: a 1600 do335 would be SO sweet, don't see allot around, also a B-29 would be sweet, 4 screws better than 2, you guys could do it !
                    rc flyin addict

Comment

• Just had a good read of this and comments on RCGroups. This is a very nice looking aircraft. At long last someone has finally caught on and brought out a larger Spit. I would have been happy with a 1400mm version but this 1600mm version blows anything else out of the water. I am assuming there will be an opponent to this (BF109, FW190). If something will help sales will be an opponent to fly against. One question, I know this is a pre-production model. I am assuming that the door showing on the right in the vid side will be deleted from the production model as the Spit only had 1 door on the left/port side. And where are the gun ports in wings for the 4 .303 guns. That or I would expect to see the red tape covering the ports pre-take off.

Comment

• I believe that Alpha stated earlier here and on RCG that the left and right door line are not going to be changed and left as is shown. It will be the modeler's choice to had the right door lines if they so choose.
                        Brandon Moon

Comment

• [QUOTE=Grossman56;n58951]But there are so many F's and G's but how often do you see an E model, the Battle of Britain bird!!
                          Or

The door lines are there, but they shouldn't be on the right side as I stated. Just read Alpha's statement, and yes something we will have to live with I guess. It's just the cutting and filling and obvious re-painting afterwards.

Comment

• Heu Ritche 1893., welcome to Hobby Squawk first off!!
                            Your right, there was only a door on the left side, old Calvary ways died hard, but Alpha mentioned that earlier and the cost to redo the mold would be in the thousands of dollars, so we all will have to get creative, which never stopped this group before, just check out OV10's F8F Tigercat!
                            Think of it as a challenge. Mine is going back to the brown and green and I'll do it up as Robert Shaw's 'AI-A' as in the movie, the Battle of Britain.

Grossman56
                            Team Gross!

Comment

• Originally posted by richie1893 View Post
                              And where are the gun ports in wings for the 4 .303 guns. That or I would expect to see the red tape covering the ports pre-take off.
                              Hi Richie, the model pictured is a pre-production sample that I painted. We will have the red tape painted to depict the port covers on the leading edge.
                              Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Heck of a nice looking Spitty....I have the 1200mm version and it is a blast and joy to fly, even ground tracks fairly easy too with just a little rudder input when the tail starts flying....I can only imagine how much easier this one is going to be :)
                                Brandon Moon

Comment

• This is one of my favorites after the battle of Britain movie, which I wore out watching and had to get a replacement disk. The A152 is indeed a winner of a plane. I just love mine. I am going to pre-order this one as I should have decreased my stock.
                                  Last edited by Pheonix; Jan 25, 2017, 05:47 PM. Reason: Needed to complete last sentence.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	a4592840-120-Spit%20RQ%20Small.jpg
Views:	1171
Size:	260.0 KB
ID:	59625A sweet flyer even with all its faults FMS

So nice to see a big SpitfIre Finally! I sold my FMS 1400 mm version after hundred satisfying flights anticipating imminent upgrade release which never came. Have been spitless for 3 long years. So this Flightline 1600mm is truely a welcome sight with fantastic scale details, a robust power system and great value too boot! Can't wait for this one to arrive. Hopefully before President Trump start antagonizing China and raise import tariffs.;)

Question for Alpha regarding the challenge on flying 8 point roll with this FL Spitfire: did you encounter significant yaw/pitch coupling when using rudder? My FMS Spitfire required > 20% rudder to up elevator mix to keep the plane from tucking under whenever large rudder deflection was applied, eg. just applying right rudder during takeoff prevented proper rotation due to yaw to down pitch coupling.
                                    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/motionsic
                                    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/FPVAirCombat
                                    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fpvaircombat/channel/

Comment

• Just got the email blast...had my wallet open and credit card out...I was sure the pre-orders had begun!
                                      F=ma

Comment

• I don't think they have a painted production proof just yet to officially advertise with as it's not on their "Coming soon" page.

Comment

• Alpha very impressed with the new Spitfire looks wonderful own several Flightline free wing and FMS planes bought through motion I would love to see flight line produce the P-51D Mustang when are they going to do it you're desperately waiting:angel:

Comment

Working...
                                          X