Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I also think manufucturers won't tell the name of some products they used and keep the tube blanc (white) to costumers like a secret, its a pitty.
    Thank you all for other alternatives of the glue.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	36519069223_8b19ee8bea_o.jpg
Views:	574
Size:	88.9 KB
ID:	97640Click image for larger version  Name:	37141232946_138e9e06da_o.jpg Views:	1 Size:	69.6 KB ID:	97563Click image for larger version  Name:	36494115184_0a484bb788_o.jpg Views:	1 Size:	49.5 KB ID:	97562Click image for larger version  Name:	37141289456_16f210ced0_o.jpg Views:	1 Size:	53.6 KB ID:	97566Click image for larger version  Name:	37141234786_2565c4afe2_o.jpg Views:	1 Size:	54.5 KB ID:	97565Click image for larger version  Name:	37141234506_7b4ff45b3e_o.jpg Views:	1 Size:	43.2 KB ID:	97564

Here are some pictures of my Spitfire in the air with the pictures attached now. My buddy does an amazing job at every flying event he goes to.

Jeff

Comment

• Sounds great Jeff lets see them.:)
        Dewey l

Comment

• Originally posted by Hiflyer45 View Post
          Excitement builds as I wait for the "out of stock" notification to disappear! Meanwhile I have a Mr Sound 4.1 system with two T25 transducers that I'm figuring to install in the Spitfire; so while I'm waiting is there anyone who has successfully installed this make of system? Any feedback would be appreciated !

Here's a couple of pics of how I mounted my Mr. Sound 4.1 system. Very tight fit but it works and CG isn't compromised. I did add two very strong earth magnets to the battery hatch to keep it secure during inverted flight. Works well and sounds great. Hope this helps.

Comment

• Originally posted by JTClark View Post

Here's a couple of pics of how I mounted my Mr. Sound 4.1 system. Very tight fit but it works and CG isn't compromised. I did add two very strong earth magnets to the battery hatch to keep it secure during inverted flight. Works well and sounds great. Hope this helps.
            Cool thanks for the pictures. I think this is going to be my next investment.

Jeff

Comment

• Originally posted by JTClark View Post

Nice fitment idea! I do not have the Aspire but was thinking that, if I did, I would consider mounting below the lipo tray.. seems to have the room. Now that I'm flying it I realize this would have been a problem as it would have shifted the CG forward.. increasing the nose over tendency. Adding the TT-25s behind the cockpit ( as was done by EvanD on rcgroups) would balance this out but servicing them could take a bit more effort.

Comment

• Originally posted by CDN_Iceman View Post
                Click image for larger version

Name:	36519069223_8b19ee8bea_o.jpg
Views:	574
Size:	88.9 KB
ID:	97640Click image for larger version Name:	37141232946_138e9e06da_o.jpg Views:	1 Size:	69.6 KB ID:	97563Click image for larger version Name:	36494115184_0a484bb788_o.jpg Views:	1 Size:	49.5 KB ID:	97562Click image for larger version Name:	37141289456_16f210ced0_o.jpg Views:	1 Size:	53.6 KB ID:	97566Click image for larger version Name:	37141234786_2565c4afe2_o.jpg Views:	1 Size:	54.5 KB ID:	97565Click image for larger version Name:	37141234506_7b4ff45b3e_o.jpg Views:	1 Size:	43.2 KB ID:	97564

Here are some pictures of my Spitfire in the air with the pictures attached now. My buddy does an amazing job at every flying event he goes to.

Jeff
                I just got back from the Reno Air races and, among many other cool planes, I got some great shots of a full scale Spitfire doing high speed passes, loops and rolls which I will post as soon as I have a chance to download the pictures from my camera to the computer. Just not enough hours in the day. Brad

Comment

• After going back and forth between the A-4 and the Spitfire, I have pulled the trigger today. It should be in my hands on Tuesday/Wednesday of next week. :-) Jeff CDN_Iceman you will have a wingman next week. I have already sent my request for new graphics from Callie.
                  I really love those photos that Larry took last weekend, this Spitfire looks sooo good in the air.

Brent

Comment

• Originally posted by slamdance64 View Post
                    After going back and forth between the A-4 and the Spitfire, I have pulled the trigger today. It should be in my hands on Tuesday/Wednesday of next week. :-) Jeff CDN_Iceman you will have a wingman next week. I have already sent my request for new graphics from Callie.
                    I really love those photos that Larry took last weekend, this Spitfire looks sooo good in the air.

Brent
                    Wow that will be three in the air if Chris shows up. We will have to practice our formation flying for sure.

Comment

• Click image for larger version  Name:	fullsizeoutput_1306.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	87.2 KB ID:	97983Click image for larger version  Name:	fullsizeoutput_12f4.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	86.3 KB ID:	97984Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_6559.JPG Views:	1 Size:	65.4 KB ID:	97985IMG_6562.JPGClick image for larger version  Name:	fullsizeoutput_12ee.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	106.5 KB ID:	97987Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_6560.JPG Views:	1 Size:	64.1 KB ID:	97988

I finally installed this harness on plane today. The four into one harness will certainly help with taking the wing off for transport. Right now I can only bring my Spitfire in my SUV,

The only issue with the harness was the top strobe light plug was backwards in the harness. I had to cut the plugs off the strobe wire and change the configuration and solder them.

I looking forward to being able to assembly the wing at the field. As a bonus all the screws, air intake and mounts all fit in a small plastic bag and can be stored in the battery compartment for transport.

Jeff

Comment

• Hi Jeff , your photos and attachments (harness etc) are very useful to me, because in my Hyundai she can only enter with separate wings .... thank you so much !

Comment

• Yeah this weekend, a friend of mine showed up with a Messerschmit of the same scale as the Spit so, of course, we spent the day dogfighting. Will have to do some video and have my friend Carlos put it all together to post. Brad

Comment

• Originally posted by downwindleg View Post
                            Yeah this weekend, a friend of mine showed up with a Messerschmit of the same scale as the Spit so, of course, we spent the day dogfighting. Will have to do some video and have my friend Carlos put it all together to post. Brad
                            Cool,

Looking forward to seeing that video.

Comment

• That would be awesome

Comment

• Hello Brad , you read my thoughts and wishes ... thanks in advance :Cool:

Comment

• For those that dont follow the RCGroups pages. I've begun working on a 2nd Spitfire, converting it to a Clipped Wing variant.

Comment

• Originally posted by CDN_Iceman View Post
                                    Click image for larger version Name:	fullsizeoutput_1306.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	87.2 KB ID:	97983Click image for larger version Name:	fullsizeoutput_12f4.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	86.3 KB ID:	97984Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_6559.JPG Views:	1 Size:	65.4 KB ID:	97985IMG_6562.JPGClick image for larger version Name:	fullsizeoutput_12ee.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	106.5 KB ID:	97987Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_6560.JPG Views:	1 Size:	64.1 KB ID:	97988

I finally installed this harness on plane today. The four into one harness will certainly help with taking the wing off for transport. Right now I can only bring my Spitfire in my SUV,

The only issue with the harness was the top strobe light plug was backwards in the harness. I had to cut the plugs off the strobe wire and change the configuration and solder them.

I looking forward to being able to assembly the wing at the field. As a bonus all the screws, air intake and mounts all fit in a small plastic bag and can be stored in the battery compartment for transport.

Jeff

So I was at the flying field tonight and was finally able to try out my four into one connector. The connector worked like a charm. I was able to install and remove the wing by myself. I was even able to put both my Spitfire and my Pitts biplane in the car. I had three more flights in tonight as the light got dim. While I don't have as many flights as most I am happy that I have 15 to date. I might have to put skis on the Spitfire lol. It was 90f today but I think it is dropping to 60f tomorrow. I think this how climate thing is just a myth :-)

Comment

• Hi Iceman, the use of the four in one harness is a good idea for the mess of wires. Maybe i'm wrong but this can be very usefull if you keep the wing in one piece.
                                      I was also thinking to order one but i have to travel with two pieces of wings so i now don't see the benefit for me. Correct me if i'm wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dewey H Lee View Post
                                        Dang Shocktrooper that is so funny. Glade all i have is an old cat to worrie about.LOL:)makes you a little loopy to if you cant get any fresh air:Silly:. Which i should mention you do with all of them.
                                        HEY Dewey H Lee...ya got that right bro!...that stuff will make ya see double if ya huff it long enough! LOL! I see you are just s
                                        South of me down I-95...we should get together and fly some this fall before the weather gets windy and rainy. I am sooo glad the NC heat & humidity is about to go bye-bye for the year! ...and down there in "Fayette-NAM"....ya might as well be in Cambodia or the Congo! LOL! PM me and we discuss a plan to fly & fellowship.

Comment

• Originally posted by franky View Post
                                          Hi Iceman, the use of the four in one harness is a good idea for the mess of wires. Maybe i'm wrong but this can be very usefull if you keep the wing in one piece.
                                          I was also thinking to order one but i have to travel with two pieces of wings so i now don't see the benefit for me. Correct me if i'm wrong.

Franky

You are correct this method benefits having the wing in one piece. I do not separate my wing at all. This being said it still might be handy to assembly your wings and then use the plug harness unless you enjoy trying to make all the connections.

Jeff

Comment

Working...
                                          X