Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post

Hello franky,
    There is a also term called Groundspeed which is different from Airspeed.
    Most comments you see on these forums like "landed it at walking pace" is relative to ones "perception" of groundspeed. Airspeed is what keeps the plane flying with lift.
    Throttle controls altitude and elevator controls speed. All planes are subject to this once the proper AOA(angle of attack) attitude is established for landing.
    So many novice warbird pilots so much of the time try to put that warbird down like it was a trainer and that is where the problems with stalls begin.
    The majority of the tail dragger warbirds want to be set down as a 2 point main gear then drop the tail as airspeed drops off.
    Each warbird airframe has it's own characteristics for airspeed but in general they ALL tend to have higher groundspeed speeds landing than conventional non-military.
    Without diverting this thread anymore I'll just say practice landing with a higher velocity than what you learned on the trainer. ;)
    Thanks, i will practice.

Comment

• Here is a quick clip of a landing today. This was with no flaps as there was a 10 mph wind down the runway. I landed on the main wheels and then let the tail come down.

Comment

• Forgot to update on these boards as well.

Got the tail Rudder complete on my clipped wing conversion. I used the tail from the Carbon Z Cub and carved out the form of the Supermarine Spitfire VIII Rudder.

The result was near perfect. So for anyone interested, just get the rudder for the E-Flite Carbon Z cub and cut it out. You'll need to shave off and sand some, but it was no trouble at all.

Comment

• Looking at these templates i'll most likely need to take off a little more from the rear of the rudder.

Comment

• Originally posted by TonyTaff View Post
            I am interested in buying this bird but have a few questions, The manual says nothing about location of receiver or position of the plywood base for Gyro except its near CG any one got a photo of this.
            Secondly what is the actual size of the battery bay, My 6s batteries are slighly larger than the published size of battery bay ..Hate to buy new batteries when i allready have several 6 s
            All Radio Control RC Model Airplanes Motion RC is your trusted number one hobby shop to take off and hit the horizon. You will find radio controlled model airplanes suited for every skill level, from Beginner to Intermediate to Advanced and Expert. Whether you’re looking for your first electric RC airplane and need exp

Hi Tony, check out the flight video at 50 seconds, Ryan shows a 5000 all the way forward. Usually, the positioning of the receiver and the gyro is left up to the builder, just as long as its as close to the CG as you can get it.
            From personal observation, it's a pretty spacious battery bay, as you can see with the 5000, plenty of room on the sides.

Grossman56
            Team Gross!

Comment

• Hey all ..just checking in! Up to flight 12 now on my spit and loving it .. most will know from the other thread This is my most recent flight with her

Art.t p51.1400 p51b.1400 fw190.1400 f6f.dyn tiggy.dyn spit.dyn tempest.dyn at6 (harvard).dyn beaver.eflite yak54.df vamp.pz spit.pz bf109.pz fw190.pz mossi.pz se5.pz radian.pz visionaire.hch b25.pz p40.ne yak54.ne extra300.precedent highboy.fms 800 p40 .. Tony nijhuis tiffy

Comment

• Art.t p51.1400 p51b.1400 fw190.1400 f6f.dyn tiggy.dyn spit.dyn tempest.dyn at6 (harvard).dyn beaver.eflite yak54.df vamp.pz spit.pz bf109.pz fw190.pz mossi.pz se5.pz radian.pz visionaire.hch b25.pz p40.ne yak54.ne extra300.precedent highboy.fms 800 p40 .. Tony nijhuis tiffy

Comment

• Jiggz, those are some very nice photos! Thanks for sharing. Where do you fly? Grass looks good there. Although I hope that tree line on short final isn't as close as it looks...
                  Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Cool video and some great landing Jiggz. Thanks for sharing

Comment

• Hello Jeff , perfect flight/landing as usual ...all the best.
                      Josip

Comment

• Great Flight Jiggz, looks like she's dialed right in!!

Grossman56
                        Team Gross!

Comment

• Thanx all .. she is fantastic to fly and to behold ..
                          As for the old saying "u don't fly a spitfire' u wear it"

Alpha motion ..
                          I live and fly in a little rural historic village in 'Kent' UK .. where I feel the spit is at home ..
                          Infact a few years ago a house a mere stone throw was digging a pool .. they found and excavated a spit .. from what I have read the pilot crash landed after being fired on and left the aircraft .. he got hold of the local bobby (pc) who sent him back on his way to his posted airfield .. the spit was forgotten until now .. (see pic)

Anyhow took my spit and 109 to the field for a fly today and was treated to a nice flyover by a local spit

Art.t p51.1400 p51b.1400 fw190.1400 f6f.dyn tiggy.dyn spit.dyn tempest.dyn at6 (harvard).dyn beaver.eflite yak54.df vamp.pz spit.pz bf109.pz fw190.pz mossi.pz se5.pz radian.pz visionaire.hch b25.pz p40.ne yak54.ne extra300.precedent highboy.fms 800 p40 .. Tony nijhuis tiffy

Comment

• Oops! missed pic of found spit from previous post

Comment

• This evenings sortie

​​​​​​​

Comment

• This evenings sunset pics

Comment

• Hey jiggz, love the weathering on your Spit and ,of coarse,the real Spit in the background. Nothing beats the sound of a Merlin!!!!!! Brad

Comment

• Hi Jeff , Your love to Spitfire was rewarded with full-size sound over you ..... you deserved it !
                                    Josip

Comment

• Nice stuff Jeff.

Comment

• Must be pretty cool to fly in the same sky where the Spitfire became famous!

Grossman56
                                        Team Gross!

Comment

• couldn't help myself...just snagged one of these in their sale!
                                          www.TSHobbies.com
                                          Hobby Paint racks and acrylic display stands for collectibles.

Comment

Working...
                                          X