Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• starting to get mine assembled..kind of a bummer how the wing attaches ,making it difficult for a quick removal for transport... wish they had done the quick connects like they have on their other planes.
    www.TSHobbies.com
    Hobby Paint racks and acrylic display stands for collectibles.

Comment

• I'm new into RC after a 30 year lay off . I'm very rusty and shaky , as if it's my third flight EVER. I already have 4 models as follows : a 30 year old 2- channel 2 meter glider ( Bridi design called a wind surfer ) - new servos and Spektrum receiver in that nice old bird . I have and flown once ( w/ instructors help ) a Dynam Hawksky V-2 . , got thru the maiden flight(s) well. I have a ( not put together yet ) a : FMS - super EZV2 another trainer that I defiantly need . Crazy as I am , I am currently assembling a FLIGHTLINE 1600 mm SPITFIRE , that I ordered WAY ahead of my skill level or apparently build level , since Motion RC had it on sale . I got Callie graphics etc...... I have a few rookie , technical questions about the simple PNP . Yes I've watched all the u tubes on the build , but I have been informed by Motion RC that since the wires from the " blue box " won't slip into my stock 6- channel receiver ( AR610 ) that I may need to file a 45 degree angle off the plastic input wires.
      in order for them to slip in place . Ok - simple enough but I thought that maybe I'd swap out receivers , as I have a AR6600T ( telemetry ) in the sky hawk trainer .
      MY MAIN QUESTION IS : do I have to UNBIND the better receiver prior to the swap out OR can I simply unplug servos and place that receiver into the Spitfire.
      its unclear in the manual as to what I should do. Also, where should the receiver short little antenna wires exit thru the big spitfire.? Any help out ther ? Thanks

Comment

• My user name for above spitfire questions is : burro viejo

Comment

• Originally posted by Burro viejo View Post
          as I have a AR6600T ( telemetry ) in the sky hawk trainer .
          MY MAIN QUESTION IS : do I have to UNBIND the better receiver prior to the swap out OR can I simply unplug servos and place that receiver into the Spitfire.
          its unclear in the manual as to what I should do. Also, where should the receiver short little antenna wires exit thru the big spitfire.? Any help out ther ? Thanks
          The receiver is bound to the transmitter....the servos don't play any part. You can unplug the receiver and move it to the Spit with no problem.

The short antenna wires do not need to be outside the fuselage. Keep them inside the fuselage, but orient them at a 90 degree angle to each other.

Comment

• Originally posted by Burro viejo View Post
            I'm new into RC after a 30 year lay off . I'm very rusty and shaky , as if it's my third flight EVER. I already have 4 models as follows : a 30 year old 2- channel 2 meter glider ( Bridi design called a wind surfer ) - new servos and Spektrum receiver in that nice old bird . I have and flown once ( w/ instructors help ) a Dynam Hawksky V-2 . , got thru the maiden flight(s) well. I have a ( not put together yet ) a : FMS - super EZV2 another trainer that I defiantly need . Crazy as I am , I am currently assembling a FLIGHTLINE 1600 mm SPITFIRE , that I ordered WAY ahead of my skill level or apparently build level , since Motion RC had it on sale . I got Callie graphics etc...... I have a few rookie , technical questions about the simple PNP . Yes I've watched all the u tubes on the build , but I have been informed by Motion RC that since the wires from the " blue box " won't slip into my stock 6- channel receiver ( AR610 ) that I may need to file a 45 degree angle off the plastic input wires.
            in order for them to slip in place . Ok - simple enough but I thought that maybe I'd swap out receivers , as I have a AR6600T ( telemetry ) in the sky hawk trainer .
            You can just move the AR6600T to the Spitfire, no need to rebind except....
            You may want to re-bind simply because you might want different failsafe settings for the Spitfire than the ones you have for the trainer. For instance, you might want flaps down in failsafe for the Spitfire. Some people put the wheels down in failsafe, I do not like that but it is personal preference. The 6600 is a much better receiver in my opinion. It is the right one to use for the Spitfire.

I didn't see a mention of which transmitter you have. I assume you are aware that most have multiple model memories and you can have separate setups for each model.

I don't like the way you have to put the binding plug in and out of the receiver to bind. It is a pain if the receiver is in a place that is difficult to reach. One thing that you can do is plug in a servo extension into the bind plug slot and just leave it there. The extension then can be brought out to where it is easier to access and use the bind plug. For the programmable receivers you can use this extension as the place to plug in your programming cable to your smartphone or laptop. Newer Spektrum receivers have a bind button on them and you don't have to use the plug.

Hope that helps. I have a had the domain "spitfire.org" for 20 plus years. There is an excellent web site there with historical information on Spitfires. http://www.spitfire.org

Rick Pellicciotti

Comment

• Dear Rick Pellicciotti , thanks for this link (http//www.spitfire.org) ... it really helped me.
              Cheers...Ciao
              Josip

Comment

• Originally posted by MesRcPilot View Post
                Dear Rick Pellicciotti , thanks for this link (http//www.spitfire.org) ... it really helped me.
                Cheers...Ciao
                Josip
                My pleasure. I love the Spits!

Comment

• finally got around to getting mine assembled and I'll be damned if the blue control box doesnt work... had to open a ticket with Motion. ..just an annoying delay ..but what can ya do
                  www.TSHobbies.com

Comment

• Originally posted by TSHobbies View Post
                    finally got around to getting mine assembled and I'll be damned if the blue control box doesnt work... had to open a ticket with Motion. ..just an annoying delay ..but what can ya do
                    had you plugged in all leads

Comment

• Originally posted by TSHobbies View Post
                      finally got around to getting mine assembled and I'll be damned if the blue control box doesnt work... had to open a ticket with Motion. ..just an annoying delay ..but what can ya do
                      All leads must be plugged in to get the box to work correctly .. I believe internally a ground is shared somewhere

Comment

• ok had not realized that.. tech support said it runs off the gear only, which I had only hooked up the surface controls to set the linkages.. not realize the gear had to be connected...
                        www.TSHobbies.com

Comment

• Hi guys, i'm using a gyro in my Spit, is it a good idea to use a ubec with this esc ? And how much Amps does it needs ? Thank you for advice.

Comment

• I honestly would, just because for planes like this I would rather have the security. If the esc goes for any reason you still have control of your plane vs loosing everything and helplessly watch your model crash.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oxotnik View Post
                              I really want a DSMX 7-channel stabilized receiver with these features:
                              1. remote ON/OFF of gyro, in one of the AUX registers.
                              2. remote gain control
                              3. telemetry, especially main battery voltage.

I would also like to have these features in a DSMX 10-channel RX as well.
                              I'll second that on the 10 channel!

Comment

• +1 for the 10ch!

Comment

• Originally posted by franky View Post
                                  Hi guys, i'm using a gyro in my Spit, is it a good idea to use a ubec with this esc ? And how much Amps does it needs ? Thank you for advice.

Yes use one !!!! I lost my 1st spit on the second flight due to an esc failure that occurred when the gear didn’t cycle correctly , by the time I realized it and cycled the gear , I had a brown out . It actually fried the rx . The bec inside had failed and was supplying 15v to the rx ... I will never trust an internal bec again .

Comment

• My models with 6S or higher voltage power systems get separate LiFe RX battery packs.
                                    FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

• I'm thinking to use a 5A UBEC, would that be enough ?

Comment

• Originally posted by franky View Post
                                        I'm thinking to use a 5A UBEC, would that be enough ?
                                        Buying from motion , I like this one .... it’s 6A with a 10amp max @ 30 seconds .. https://www.motionrc.com/collections...w-10a-bec-ubec

Comment

• Originally posted by fhhuber View Post
                                          My models with 6S or higher voltage power systems get separate LiFe RX battery packs.
                                          I second this. I push the red wire out of the throttle channel lead from the ESC and tape it. I run my receiver and servos off of a 2S LiFe, 1100mah. They cost like $7 so I have several of them and change them after 2 flights. Works great.

Comment

Working...
                                          X