X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Denniswpb View Post
    Just an FYI... I finally found the "Dead Nuts On" Spitfire colors I was looking for. I found someone at Lowes who knew what they were doing and played with the colors.. Hope nobody needs these for repairs, but if ya' do... here they are! :-)

Click image for larger version

Name:	Spitfire -Green.jpg
Views:	1658
Size:	24.3 KB
ID:	226649Click image for larger version

Name:	Spitfire - Bottom Gray.jpg
Views:	1641
Size:	33.3 KB
ID:	226650Click image for larger version

Name:	Spitfire - Blue_Gray top.jpg
Views:	1619
Size:	32.8 KB
ID:	226651
    Interesting...…………. I thought Behrs paint was sold by Home Depot.
    Warbird Charlie
    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Well yeah.. the Home Depot color was no problem... the 2 colors from Lowes was the issue since Home Depot could not get them right.

Comment

• Originally posted by Denniswpb View Post
        Just an FYI... I finally found the "Dead Nuts On" Spitfire colors I was looking for. I found someone at Lowes who knew what they were doing and played with the colors.. Hope nobody needs these for repairs, but if ya' do... here they are! :-)

Name:	Spitfire -Green.jpg
Views:	1658
Size:	24.3 KB
ID:	226649Click image for larger version

Name:	Spitfire - Bottom Gray.jpg
Views:	1641
Size:	33.3 KB
ID:	226650Click image for larger version

Name:	Spitfire - Blue_Gray top.jpg
Views:	1619
Size:	32.8 KB
ID:	226651
        Can you show us the top label on the other two please? That is what they need for the color match. It tells them how many parts of what colors.

Comment

• The labels on the first 2 jars from Lowe's shows what the base is and what tint colors to use. Notice on the bottom gray color jar there are 2 labels. The first got it real close and the second was added to it to make it about perfect. There are no other labels on the lids of the first 2 jars.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stan/Eval View Post
            OK, I've done a stupid thing: I lost the 3x30mm Phillips-head screw that holds the spinner to the prop disk. Anyone know where I can source a suitable replacement? The smallest I could find locally (Lowe's) is a 3x20mm, which is too short. There are a ton of hex-head 3x30mm available online, but I think the diameter of the hex-head is too wide to fit down the throat of the screw hole.

Thoughts/recommendations?
            McMaster-Carr is the complete source for your plant with over 595,000 products. 98% of products ordered ship from stock and deliver same or next day.

Joe
            Platt: fw190d9 Dynaflite:PT-19 IMP:Macchi202 ESM:fw190 ESM:Tank, Hien Jackson:DH-2 BH:macchi200 Extr:fw190 Holman:me109F H9spit2 FL:F4u,spit 9 FW:me262 GP:us60, Stuka, cub, F4u PZ:me109, albi EF Hurri, T-28 FMS: 2x fw190, me109 Lone Star:Skat Kat RSCombat:2xfw190d9

Comment

• Yay, Success! Maidened the Spitty this morning and what a sweet flying plane! Love it!.
              Stock settings and CoG with Gens Ace 5000mah batts. Only had time to put two flights on her and now I can’t wait to get the wind beneath her wings again. Waiting on the 3D printed cockpit to arrive from motion and will then need to fashion a custom pilot as the current offerings online are pretty darn pricey! Alpha, how about a range of upgraded pilots for the Flightline aircraft pretty please :).....
              happy flying all. Regards, Kurt.
              Click image for larger version  Name:	550E898C-6FC7-4A3F-9779-FB76FB987C4F.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	220.9 KB ID:	232403Click image for larger version  Name:	9C4882C3-9422-4EC4-AAE1-97CF93195E1F.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	182.6 KB ID:	232402
              Click image for larger version  Name:	6176163B-7BA6-4350-8AEB-6780BBE85ADE.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	213.7 KB ID:	232404Click image for larger version  Name:	70E70393-5DD0-4DDC-9F85-B484F9C6CA30.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	304.4 KB ID:	232405​​​​

Comment

• Originally posted by Beetlemankurt View Post
                Yay, Success! Maidened the Spitty this morning and what a sweet flying plane! Love it!.
                Stock settings and CoG with Gens Ace 5000mah batts. Only had time to put two flights on her and now I can’t wait to get the wind beneath her wings again. Waiting on the 3D printed cockpit to arrive from motion and will then need to fashion a custom pilot as the current offerings online are pretty darn pricey! Alpha, how about a range of upgraded pilots for the Flightline aircraft pretty please :).....
                happy flying all. Regards, Kurt.​​​​
                BMK, Congrats and great livery, Sir. Santa brought me a lithograph of that very airframe, MHM 434 when it was privately owned after the war. It is signed by 9 RAF Aces from the period. Thinking I should get another Flightline Spittie. LOL Best, LB

Name:	IMG_0159.JPG
Views:	1082
Size:	97.9 KB
ID:	232428
                I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Thanks Elbee! That’s certainly a very special memento you’ve got there, very lucky!
                  Yes you NEED another Spitty :)......it’s not a want ;)......it’s just begging for the same livery you have in your lithograph.....

kind regards BMK

Comment

• [QUOTE=Beetlemankurt;n232401]Yay, Success! Maidened the Spitty this morning and what a sweet flying plane! Love it!.
                    happy flying all. Regards, Kurt.

Kurt, you hit the nail on the head regarding pilot figures out there. The problem is not just the price, but the you get for it. There are not a lot of options regarding decent pilot figures. I personally don't mind paying for something that's nice. I did put a $100 warbirds pilot with moving head in my Corsair-but it is actually too large even though it was their smallest scale-but it was the only thing I could find that was decent-and man, you may have a hard time seeing the Corsair in the air but you can sure pick out the pilot .

So I think we should all call for a general boycott of all Motion products until Alpha convinces Freewing (or someone else) into manufacturing some outstanding pilot figures to the correct scale. They manufacture outstanding flying aircraft, guys like you, Elbee, DC Corsair and a host of others are customizing cockpits to incredible detail, but then the aircraft is stuck with a subpar pilot. (like me). It's like taking a Victoria Secret model home and finding out she's a guy!

Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                    Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Totally agree with the dorky pilot statement. It wouldn't cost a whole lot more to put a descent pilot figure in the cockpit.Seems like a lot of time is spent developing the plane and then they just throw a stupid looking pilot in the cockpit as an after thought!
                      It's like taking a Victoria Secret model home and finding out she's a guy! ROFLMAO

Comment

• Ha ha, lol, you crack me up Hugh!
                        The pilot is such a focal point of any scale plane and the Flightline Spitty is such a beautiful bird I think it deserves more :).....it’d even be cool to see a range of different posable figures offered spanning all the usual genres of current planes that are simply a good base figure to be detailed further by the owner. For me on the NZ $ the ones currently on offer online work out incredibly expensive when shipping to NZ is also factored in.
                        Anyhow, that’s the problem, now the solution..... :).....I think I’m going to have a crack at carving a head out of some dense foam I scored from a building supply depot and make a wire frame/skeleton and make some sort of era appropriate clothing for the pilot. It might not work yet but I’ll give it a shot! I’ll post some progress along the way and if it works out, some dimensions for anyone else that might want to also have a go.

catch ya, Kurt.

Comment

• https://www.cgtrader.com/3d-print-mo...spitfire-pilot

Spitfire Owners Society,

1)Check out these 3DP printable pilots by Max Grueter on CDTrader. These are not printed, these are the STL Files to print the models. I have purchased several of his file sets and these are very good, acutally. If you have a 3DP printer, it's the smart play as these are very scalable in your Slicer Programs.
                          2) Aces of Iron also have great pilots and I used one of their WWII pilots (USAAF) and modified it to look more RAF like for my Spittie.

Best, LB
                          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Mmmmmm....very interesting thanks LB. I had seen the Aces of Iron pilots in the past but had it in my head that they were no longer available for some reason. Glad I was wrong :). I may end up getting one of those and modifying it to an RAF pilot. Certainly more cost effective then the other current options.
                            Would be great if Motion offered 3Dp pilots like the other one you attached given that the cockpits are available. Looks really good. Unfortunately I don’t have a printer (yet....:)....)....

Cheers BMK.

Comment

• BMK. You'll never regret the purchase of a 3DP printer. "If you can think it, you can build it." I have zero CAD background and you don't need to a be whiz to start designing, but I am a modeler, and that is all it takes if the willingness is there and you can live with your failures. Oh, and if making a bazillion mistakes is acceptable to achieving your end result. Best, LB
                              ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post
                                BMK. You'll never regret the purchase of a 3DP printer. "If you can think it, you can build it." I have zero CAD background and you don't need to a be whiz to start designing, but I am a modeler, and that is all it takes if the willingness is there and you can live with your failures. Oh, and if making a bazillion mistakes is acceptable to achieving your end result. Best, LB
                                Elbee, what CAD program do you use for your designs?

Comment

• JW, I use 'Free Usage' formats by Autodesk; Fusion 360/TinkerCAD, free Mesh-Mixer, and Prusa PE Slic3r which is the default slicer program for my printer. I have not needed more, though in my slicer, I do find errors, hence Mesh-Mixer, but those files then end up being large almost by default. I will also use the slicer program to 'fix' some files and 'export' those back as a new STL files to Fusion. Usually, that works best for me and also let's me 'slice the file' and see if my design is too thin to print in some places.
                                  Again, I am a complete "Newb" at CAD, though I find 3DP gives me what I see in my mind's eye more often than not. I throw away a bunch of faulty prints, believe me. Tamms goes through those once in awhile and marvels at my incompetence.
                                  As for 3DP printers, I have only used/owned the Prusa i3 Mk3, though upgraded it to the 3S (extruder hot end upgrade) and now print with .3mm nozzle for a bit better detail.
                                  Best, LB
                                  ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• JW I have a Creality CR10S printer that is able to print just about anything. It's a very well known 3D printer and there is tons of support and parts for it. As far as a slicer program, Cura is an excellent slicer and is one of the standards in the 3D world. Elbee is probably way ahead of me as far as 3D design, but what little I do, I attempt to use Fusion 360 and TinkerCad. Since I just retired a few months ago, my plan is to get proficient with Fusion 360!! :-) BTW, Cura and Fusion 360 are free downloads.

Comment

• Awesome, the cockpit kit arrived yesterday! The parts were quite buckled straight out of the packet but some careful straightening with the help of some hot water helped get em back in shape :).....now the fun starts. Will likely take a few weeks or more working around ‘life’ but looking forward to this project.

BMK

Name:	AB94D925-9F2E-4A41-B0A2-C4F9889D5F46.jpeg
Views:	814
Size:	221.5 KB
ID:	233343

Comment

• Oops, and the instrument panel of course with Callies decals.... :)

Name:	8AC43842-3F7A-4B1B-8F69-B52A635575E3.jpeg
Views:	843
Size:	180.8 KB
ID:	233345

Comment

• Beetlemankurt, That cockpit kit dresses out really well. You did the 'right' thing with the 'hot water' on the 3DP parts. Looking forward to pix of your build. Best, LB

~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Working...
                                          X