Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I couldn't get rid of the spots, so I took another one of the suggestions...I ordered another. That did the trick! This one is sooo much clearer. Making up a joystick. Glue the canopy back on and she's ready! Now for the right weather!

Comment

• I've got my Flightline Spit from Perth, AU! It made it's way safely across country to home in VIC.

Took mine for a spin for it's maiden flight the other day, then realised I needed to set up the gyro on the AR636 correctly lol. :D

She's a lovely aircraft, I've had to dial my rates right back, I have full rates, then low rates, then about 50% rates which I prefer to fly on, all in all I can't say how much I'm enjoying it.

Now I'm just weathering her up ready for showing off at the field tomorrow. :)

Definately not my last Flightline kit.

Apologies for the lack of focus, for some reason my iPhone is playing up.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_7909.JPG Views:	0 Size:	120.0 KB ID:	238837 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_7908.JPG Views:	0 Size:	116.7 KB ID:	238840 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7920.JPG
Views:	1292
Size:	204.4 KB
ID:	238846Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7921.JPG
Views:	1239
Size:	137.0 KB
ID:	238847
      Last edited by SpankyB76; Feb 29, 2020, 12:58 AM. Reason: More images!

Comment

• SpankyB76 Welcome to Hobby Squawk! Great job!! Jerry

Comment

• SpankyB76 Welcome to Hobby Squawk. The Spitfire is an amazing bird and flies perfect! Here is a pic of mine! Btw. all the other warbirds from FlightLine rock....... Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0413.JPG
Views:	1171
Size:	199.7 KB
ID:	238888

Comment

• Originally posted by SpankyB76 View Post
            I've got my Flightline Spit from Perth, AU!
            SB, I welcome you to Hobby Squawk. Glad you're on board and BTW this Spittie is just a great airframe. Looking forward to pics. Best, LB
            I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
            ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
            ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Thanks for the welcome guys, it flew a treat today, nice 30 degree day (celsius for my american friends) and about 2 knots of wind. Just flew beautifully. Wingovers, loops and barrel rolls all day long, plenty of flypasts. Seems almost sacreligous to fly it any other way than scale. :D

I'll post more pics when I get a chance, though very happy. :)

Comment

• Welcome Spanky! Very nice bird.

Comment

• It is my first 1600 mm plane. It is very noble and easy to fly, I carry 6S batteries of 5000 mAh. The flight lasts about 8 minutes. I notice something heavy, it may be because of the Turnigy HD batteries.The landing is slow with the flaps lowered. Some photos.
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Rayant View Post
                    It is my first 1600 mm plane. It is very noble and easy to fly, I carry 6S batteries of 5000 mAh. The flight lasts about 8 minutes. I notice something heavy, it may be because of the Turnigy HD batteries.The landing is slow with the flaps lowered. Some photos.
                    RY, Beautiful work, Sir. Best, LB
                    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Rayant Thanks for sharing your pictures! The lighting and camera angles are very realistic, as if I'm flying formation with it or at an airshow. Heavier batteries aren't a bad thing with this model --I like the
                      heavier weight pushed forward.
                      Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Thanks Alpha.

Comment

• Originally posted by fhhuber View Post

(can't help myself...)

That's why Harleys have so much chrome.

Best I can find is not supported by any reference, just someone on a forum (and refers to the same series of lights on a P-51):

The lights could be used in combination and could be switched to burn steadily or flash code signals with them. When the switches were in the “DOWN” position, the lights burned steady. When in the center position they were in the “OFF” position. When in the “UP” position the lights were operated intermittently, as coded signals by means of the “KEY” switch.

It does seem to make sense to reduce radio traffic.
                          Ever catch any NHRA Pro Stock Motorcycle drag racing? Harleys regularly kick a** on the rice burners!!

Comment

• Ready when you are young man.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7878a.JPG
Views:	936
Size:	112.0 KB
ID:	242568

Comment

• I figured out how to get the leading edge stickers on and make them look real smooth. Apply the center of the sticked to the leading edge and start applying the flaps of the stick down at the same time starting at the wing root side. As you are working towards the end carfully heat the sticker a little and continue the poccess all the way to the tip. If you get a little wrinkle, put a little more heat into it and the stuff acts like monokote and will shrink down a little. Dont get to close to the foam. Although, this foam is pretty resilient to heat. I took the heat gun to all the stickers tonget them to go into the panel lines and adhere better to the plane without any gattoring happening Click image for larger version

Name:	20200320_110611.jpg
Views:	770
Size:	187.4 KB
ID:	243273
                              Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Colorc View Post
                                I figured out how to get the leading edge stickers on and make them look real smooth. Apply the center of the sticked to the leading edge and start applying the flaps of the stick down at the same time starting at the wing root side. As you are working towards the end carfully heat the sticker a little and continue the poccess all the way to the tip. If you get a little wrinkle, put a little more heat into it and the stuff acts like monokote and will shrink down a little. Dont get to close to the foam. Although, this foam is pretty resilient to heat. I took the heat gun to all the stickers tonget them to go into the panel lines and adhere better to the plane without any gattoring happening Click image for larger version

Name:	20200320_110611.jpg
Views:	770
Size:	187.4 KB
ID:	243273
                                CO, Looks outstanding, Sir. Great work and a really good tip. Best, LB
                                ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Comment

• JeremySean, Welcome to "Hobby Squawk". You are doing great work on one of favorite Spitfire liveries, "Grey Nurse". Well done, Sir.
                                    Best, LB
                                    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Love the teeth and eyes on the "Grey Nurse", can't wait to see it with the rest of the graphics. Although I didn't do the grey nurse, I did use the teeth and eyes from it on my version along with the red spinner. Really stands out, welcome to the Squawk!
                                      Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                                      Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Excellent work JeremySean thus far. Welcome to squawk! Definitely excited to see the end result. Anyone at your field have a camera for a nice in-flight pic or video?

Comment

• Anybody have a “used” 1600 Spitfire in the Denver or San Diego area?

Comment

Working...
                                          X