Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In the flight review video Stuart Warne @ 3:45 mentions: "slowed down the servo rate on ESC by 1ms to stop torque (prop?) from being so violent ..." Can someones elaborate on dat??

Narly

Comment

• Some ESCs have programable slow start up, used for helos more than planes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Narly View Post
        In the flight review video Stuart Warne @ 3:45 mentions: "slowed down the servo rate on ESC by 1ms to stop torque (prop?) from being so violent ..." Can someones elaborate on dat??

Narly
        Hey there, I asked a similar question when I first got mine and was advised on here not to be too concerned about it.....they were right, I need not have worried .....It really is very manageable and well mannered IMHO.

cheers
        Kurt

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobh View Post
          Has anyone besides me had issues with the plastic oleo struts breaking on the landing gear? I called Motion RC and was told that they are not available as a separate part.
          So in order to replace a broken one you have to buy the entire strut assembly.
          I was told that the Mfg. Monitors this site. So if others besides myself would like to see the Oleo Assembly sold as a separate item please add yourself to the list.
          thank you.
          I had the same problem with one side and after gluing it together several times, I just removed it. It's just cosmetic anyway and does not change the functionality.

Grossman56
          Team Gross!

Comment

• Flew dusk patrol formation with my wingman this evening. A shot looking back at his Spitfire.
            YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/motionsic
            Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/FPVAirCombat
            Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fpvaircombat/channel/

Comment

• Anyone else tried this?

Comment

• Originally posted by Legman01 View Post
                Anyone else tried this?
                LM, That's just awesome. So reminiscent of the original Supermarine Schneider Cup Racers. Great mod. Best, LB

Click image for larger version

Name:	download.jpg
Views:	736
Size:	199.7 KB
ID:	287609
                I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Thanks Elbee. I think the Britts made five of these during the war. BTW were you a Phantom Jock?

Comment

Anyone else tried this?
                    Now that's something you don't see everyday, outstanding. How does it fly with those. I image it's a chore to keep it tracking straight on the water, or do you have rudders on the back of the floats? But I guess it doesn't matter anyway keeping it straight, not like you'll go off the edge of the runway.
                    Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                    Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

Anyone else tried this?
                      Great job!

Comment

• I've just joined the group after my Spitfire arrived today. But it has been hidden until Christmas!
                        The pilot looks a little small in pictures. How easy is it to find and fit a correct scale pilot?

I'll be comparing it to my Hangar 9 Spitfire which flies with a 90 4-stroke.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeffco View Post
                          I've just joined the group after my Spitfire arrived today. But it has been hidden until Christmas! The pilot looks a little small in pictures. How easy is it to find and fit a correct scale pilot?

http://www.cgtrader.com/3d-print-mod...spitfire-pilot
                          Scale Pilot Figures For RC Aircraft Models We carry a wide variety of scale pilot figures for virtually every size and type of RC airplane and helicopter model. The pilot figures below are sorted by height, shortest to tallest. Use the filter menu to narrow your search results or browse all RC model scale figures below

JC, A very hearty welcome to "The Squawk". Great folks here and even some good advice. I used the "Aces of Iron" USAAF pilot (See Link above).I modded him a bit to more resemble an RAF Pilot. Also, there are some very good 3DP Pilots (check out cgtrader link) if you have access to a printer and most recently, Motion R/C has added a new line of pilot busts though I do know if those are offered in different scales. Glad to have you onboard, Sir. Best, LB

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0021.JPG Views:	0 Size:	108.2 KB ID:	287677Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0011.JPG Views:	0 Size:	109.2 KB ID:	287678
                          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Thanks for the links to the pilots!

Comment

• Hey Guys ! Im new to all of this, Im thinking about the Flightline 1200mm Spitfire but would like to know about the panel lines on it, Dynam also has the same Aircraft in 1200mm scale but the few reviews I have come across thus far all say the same they are overly done could any of you give me some feed back on your Spitfires. Thanks

Comment

• Well, R.I.P. my 1st Spitfire. I must have had some 200 flights on it since I got it 3 years ago with never a single "pilot induced mishap", something very few of my aircraft can claim. So WELCOME Spitfire #2.

About 4 months ago I had the Spitty out and after finishing the inverted loop on a split S, something I've done thousands of times with this aircraft and virtually ever aircraft I have (cool maneuverers 101), on the way down after cutting the throttle, it started gyrating something awful in all directions. I was able to get the nose back up but it continued to go in all directions and augured down directly in the middle of the grass runway. A total loss, and after getting a backhoe to fill in the crater, I tried to determine what went wrong. At first I thought either one of the servos or control rods malfunctioned, but everything was still hooked up and all servos still worked and it wasn't signal loss as I had control over the elevator and throttle. Could it have been serious pilot error, the only way it could have acted like it did was if I gave full input on each surface at the same time (a neat maneuver for my Extreme Flight planes but not a warbird). Then I noticed the wings were separated horizontally around the wing tube. Was this the cause, too many G's over a long period of time. Still not sure, but that's the most likely cause and the "accident investigation team" has yet to come up with the exact cause, although I'm betting on wing separation 95%. Could still be pilot error, but only 5% likely, and that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Wasn't sure if I was going to replace it, but my Corsair and 1700 mm P-51 really missed it, so I still have tons of extra parts, the RX and the sound system from #1 and a couple of weeks ago I said to myself I really need to replace that Spitfire, it's such an outstanding flying prop warbird. So here's the replacement, with a little extra paint, graphics from Callie and including the MR RC Sound system. For those of you that have seen some of my aircraft, you won't be surprised by all the extra paint, as I have difficulty with orientation sometimes and this helps a lot (doesn't do anything for control stick screw-ups though). I call this livery my Barnum & Bailey "Bring in the Clowns". Hey, I'm sure this Spitfire wouldn't exactly be "stealth" in the battle over Briton, but then the Red Baron's Fokker DR.1 Triplane wasn't exactly stealthy either. Maybe just the sight of my Spitfire will chase all the Luftwaffe Messerschmitt BF 109's running home!

As with #1, I rewired the wing servo leads coming off the blue box using a Hansen Hobby 5 pin polarized latching connection for easy wing detachment, since I break down my wings on all aircraft for transport. Plugs in and out very smoothly without having to tug on the wires. The way it comes, having to plug in and out 4 servo connectors each time is a pain and likely reduces the longevity of the connection and this is the only "negative" I have on this aircraft. Wish they had a wing harness on this like most of their other ones. I also covered it with 4 coats of clear gloss exterior spar urethane. The attached video is just of the sound system, no flights yet. Hope to get that done tomorrow if the weather holds.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20201127_231329.jpg
Views:	683
Size:	269.6 KB
ID:	288254Click image for larger version

Name:	20201127_231442.jpg
Views:	666
Size:	242.7 KB
ID:	288255Click image for larger version

Name:	20201127_232607.jpg
Views:	698
Size:	174.6 KB
ID:	288256Click image for larger version

Name:	20201127_234253.jpg
Views:	672
Size:	117.3 KB
ID:	288257

Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                                Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post
                                  Well, R.I.P. my 1st Spitfire. Wasn't sure if I was going to replace it, but my Corsair and 1700 mm P-51 really missed it,]

Hugh, I didn't know or I would have sent flowers, forgive me. Your beautiful recreation of Britain's most beautiful fighter is obviously 'muse-inspired' and who could blame you. Your unique impressionist style is reminiscent of Post-Modernism using both the associative method of realism in which the traditions of the past have been tastefully transformed in a spirit of experimentation with a tendency away from the narrative all the while maintaining the nature of materials, function, and purpose of a war-machine. We who struggle with self-expression salute you, Sir. Bravo Zulu. Best, LB
                                  ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post

Hugh, I didn't know or I would have sent flowers, forgive me. Your beautiful recreation of Britain's most beautiful fighter is obviously 'muse-inspired' and who could blame you. Your unique impressionist style is reminiscent of Post-Modernism using both the associative method of realism in which the traditions of the past have been tastefully transformed in a spirit of experimentation with a tendency away from the narrative all the while maintaining the nature of materials, function, and purpose of a war-machine. We who struggle with self-expression salute you, Sir. Bravo Zulu. Best, LB
                                    Most of that went way over my "pin head". How eloquent, not only are you a master modeler, but are also blessed with a silver tongue. Thanks for the compliments (I think ), got to maiden Spitfire #2 and forgot how exceptional it flies. So glad I replaced it, ended up getting almost 10 minutes on a 5000 "test" battery from our friends in Illinois. And best of all, had absolutely no issues with orientation. I'm getting impatient with releasing the test results on those batteries, but it is one "hell of a battery". Hopefully more later on that.
                                    Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman

Comment

• Elbee
                                      Elbee commented
                                      Editing a comment
                                      It is a compliment. IMHO you are the Picasso of Hobby Squawk. Best, LB

• hugh, sorry for your loss (i would never send flowers), maybe whisky.

mine had a similar problem at 100 flight threshold as soon as i took off i realized something was wrong, tried to trim it out and came to the realization i had no elevator center and the dead spot was getting larger as i flew. mine was acting like the dead spot on the servo had grown to 20% of servo throw. so it would never go to center going to 10% from neutral on either side and no rhime or reason as to which side it would go to. i managed to get it down in one peace by timing the poorpus (luck). i really did not know what was happening till i got it down then could watch the servo stop before center or skip over it to the other side.

I've seen this before (i have servos in use since 1975) its the coating on the pot wearing through.

Joe
                                    Platt: fw190d9 Dynaflite:PT-19 IMP:Macchi202 ESM:fw190 ESM:Tank, Hien Jackson:DH-2 BH:macchi200 Extr:fw190 Holman:me109F H9spit2 FL:F4u,spit 9 FW:me262 GP:us60, Stuka, cub, F4u PZ:me109, albi EF Hurri, T-28 FMS: 2x fw190, me109 Lone Star:Skat Kat RSCombat:2xfw190d9

Comment

• I've seen others mention having issues with their retracts pulling out of the wing but, I wanted to ask if anyone has had issues with the actual retract strut itself completely snapping? I have had this happen twice now in 6 flights! These have not been hard or rough landings either! The plane otherwise is completely undamaged and the retract itself didn't even pull out of the wing either time it happened even though it happened both times on the same side! This seems to me like poor quality or defect in material of the strut rod. I haven't yet ordered my most recent replacement as I'm a little let down by this at this point. No issues otherwise with the retracts or plane as a whole but snapping the strut rod itself clean off up near the pivot point this many times in short succession has me worried going forward. Loving this thing otherwise. For context and additional info, I'm landing on a cleared dirt strip in a field on my farm. Roughly 40'x250' dimensions.
                                      FlightLine Spitfire Mk. IX
                                      Eflite Air Tractor
                                      Goblin 500
                                      Goblin 770

Comment

• Originally posted by Quickone4u View Post
                                        I've seen others mention having issues with their retracts pulling out of the wing but, I wanted to ask if anyone has had issues with the actual retract strut itself completely snapping? I have had this happen twice now in 6 flights! These have not been hard or rough landings either! The plane otherwise is completely undamaged and the retract itself didn't even pull out of the wing either time it happened even though it happened both times on the same side! This seems to me like poor quality or defect in material of the strut rod. I haven't yet ordered my most recent replacement as I'm a little let down by this at this point. No issues otherwise with the retracts or plane as a whole but snapping the strut rod itself clean off up near the pivot point this many times in short succession has me worried going forward. Loving this thing otherwise. For context and additional info, I'm landing on a cleared dirt strip in a field on my farm. Roughly 40'x250' dimensions.
                                        WOW, haven't heard of that happening. I had over 150 landings on my first Spitfire, and never had a problem with the retracts or struts, and believe me, some of my early landings were definitely painful to watch. The new replaced Spitty has about 30 flights on it and nothing has yet to happen there either. I had about 80 flights on an asphalt runway and the last 100 (including the new one) on grass and can't image the stress that would be needed to require the actual strut to snap. I would think the strut pin going in the retract would bend or snap long before the actual strut (which was the case with some of my early landings with the F-4 nose gear pins, similar to the Spitfire's set up). If you have a photo of the snapped strut I would like to see it, and it's not that I don't believe you, I do, just wanted to see where it snapped at.
                                        Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman

Comment

Working...
                                        X