X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dynam P-47 Dual Rates and Expo

What would be a good Dual Rate and Expo setting for scale like flying for a new intermediate pilot. I say new intermediate because I have been flying for a while but continue to learn.

Hi Jpmcdo, and welcome to the Squawk!! When I set up dual rates, I usually start at 60% of the recommended rate. This is a good all around starting point, as it dulls the reaction, but still gives you authoritative control over the plane. I adjust it from there so that over-control on landings is reduced. As for the expo, that is dependent on you. I usually set in 20-30% but I am pretty good about not cross controlling the sticks. I would start with 30%, and see how it feels for you. Expo is a personal thing, and every pilot likes it set differently. Good luck with your "Jug", Happy Landings!!

Comment

Thank you, I've been away from the forum for awhile and appreciate your reply.

Comment

I have the Dynam P47 also, but haven't flown it yet. I've had a retract issue and haven't had the chance to fix it, but look forward to flying it. This is my first warbird and from what I'm told is a excellent starting bird. I was wondering what to set the rates at. 60 30 sounds like a good start.
        Still Learning:D

Comment

I'm really sorry I never got back to you. I don't come here often and just saw I had a message.

Comment

LOL Looks like both of us don't come here often. No problem. I've been flying my P47 every chance I get. Thanks.
            Still Learning:D

Comment

Working...
            X