Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone read this post????

Comment

• Hey there, Mike. Our product expert for the FlightLineRC TA-152 (whose name is also Mike!) is actually out of the office until Monday the 28th. To be clear, do you intend to use this aircraft in the RCPRO series of warbird racing?
      Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• hi all, i am still really excited about every flight with the 152 and that is saying allot after dozens of flights . i changed out the 3 blade prop to a 11x10 2 blade apc and it pulled 553 watts and just 40.19 amps with a 2200mah 35c 4 cell so there is plenty of room for more prop as the esc is 60 amp. but best of all the model did make 99 mph! the vertical climb is just stunning. i had my wifie running the speed gun in this video and you can see for yourself what she will do for speed. i am really liking this model Alpha, keep up the good work!

AKA meltor

Comment

• Thanks Jagdpanther9, we appreciate your video and test results! 11x12 is the largest prop I tried on it, cut down. It was a blistering banshee with zero ground clearance but a sky killer, without question! It ate clouds for breakfast, although I eventually went back to the stock prop. Like the RocHobby Strega, the Ta-152 makes a good upgrade platform for something unique at the airfield with little mod hassle because there is lots of headroom in the stock ESC and battery space is plentiful.

Comment

• alpha, i have been flying the rochobby strega for nearly 3 years now as a go to plane.i fly mine with a 12x12 apc 2 blade prop and these same 2200mah 4 cell batteries. the strega owes me nothing. i figured i have at least 500-600 flights on it and it too is another model i never get tired of. the strega makes over 110 mph flat and level and has seen 127 mph out of a dive with a good tail wind. the strega has weathered all of these flights very well. the retracts are still working great as well as all of the servos. just the main wheels have about 1/4 of the tread worn off and appear to be a bit shreaded and the color is worn from around the battery hatch from open and close. it would be a very tough call if i had to choose between the strega and the ta152. but these are the models that i choose to fly over whatever else is in their class/wing span weight. :)
            AKA meltor

Comment

• Why choose when you can fly both?? Sounds like you have the right recipe! May your Ta-152 live just as long as your Strega!

Comment

• Yes I plan on using this aircraft in War Birds Racing , if it has 400 square "'s per race rules

Comment

• With a root chord of 8.5 inches, a tip chord of 3.15 inches, and a wingspan of 51 inches, I get a wing area of 108.5 Sq Inches. Got this from Motionrc for wing area of Ta-152. Does everyone agree with 108.5 Sq " ????

Comment

• No......the correct answer is 297.075 sq inches
                    The formula for a tapered wing area is:
                    Wing Span x Average Chord(Root + Tip chords divided by 2) = Wing Area
                    51 x ((8.5 + 3.15)/2)
                    51 x (11.65/2)
                    51 x 5.825 = 297.075
                    Warbird Charlie
                    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Many thanks OV10, plane does not qualify for warbirds racing. I was hoping....... Mike

Comment

• Did this thread die a quick death................

Comment

• So many new planes, it's hard to keep all the threads going. Got another couple flights on mine on Saturday. I fly mine on the Admiral 4S 2200 and it flies like a pylon racer! :D
                          Pat

Comment

• There's been much more discussion in the RCG Ta-152 thread.
                            ---
                            Warbirder

Comment

• I think most of us are out flying ours! Haha

Comment

• After reading all the great reviews on this bird I am going to order one. I really enjoy the 1400mm and over size, but as this is the largest wingspan of the flightline class sans P-38, I am eager to add my first Flightline bird.

Comment

• Well, FLRC also now has the F7F Tigercat at 1600mm. ;)
                                  Pat

Comment

• The Ta-152 is actually one of our top selling FlightLineRC aircraft. It has a wide flight envelope and can be flown on 3s or 4s. I think Pilot Ryan's video on our YouTube channel says it all about this aircraft. It's an exciting performer, and most importantly, it's something new that has never been done in foam electric before.

I've read a couple instances of pilots shimming their retracts with a thin washer under the aft facing plate, to increase the forward rake angle of the struts. If you're on grass, this will help reduce the risk of nosing over. Landing under power on the mains is also advised, then let speed bleed off and the tail will pin down safely. Don't over control the elevator during high speed maneuvers, either, but that should be obvious for a scale warbird. Other than that, have fun with it!

Comment

• Santa (wife) completely surprised me this year. So I am busy reading back over this thread and the one on rc groups.
                                      From what I have gathered so far the only major mods are the wheels and some forward rake of the landing gear. And that mainly for the folks that fly off grass. Though one person said it helps with the bumps on the dry lake bed he Flys from up by Edwards AFB.
                                      Putting together my spares list. Batteries are no problem since from what I've read it Flys with nearly anything you feed it.
                                      May need to get a receiver as my only loose one at the moment is a Frsky S6R that I picked up to play with. (6ch stabilized receiver) they haven't worked out the kinks on it yet. Hmm...Maybe I will just use it. One check box on the software and it is just a regular 6ch receiver. Looks like I could tuck it under the battery tray. Nice flat surface there on the wing. Nearly on the CG. Could get to bind button though the aft whole of the tray. (starting to ramble so better sign off)
                                      Happy Holidays everyone.
                                      Yield to temptation. It may not pass your way again.
                                      R. A. Heinlein

Comment

• On nose overs I have been known to slice the foam back by the tail wheel and slide in a quarter or two. On the Eflite Blondie I did the same thing and it really helped.

Comment

• I bought my Ta back when it was released, it was an impulse buy. The only reason I bought it was because it was unique and looked cool and I had a moment of not being able to control my spending. Once I got it and put it together the Iowa winter hit and kept me from flying until a week ago when I finally got to maiden the plane.

I about lost it several times on the maiden because it was so damn squirly. I landed after 1 minute and barely at that. With the 4S battery I had in it she was FAST!

I set lower rates and added a little more expo and tried again. On takeoff one of the landing gear caught the grass and was torn out. No damage to the foam, some 5 minute epoxy and it'll be good as new.

On the one flight I did get I noticed the left rolling tendency when it left the runway, glad I was warned about that as I was ready for it. We've got rain and wind for the next few days so I won't get to try it again right away.

The last two nights we've had descent weather so I took the 152 out again. With 30% expo the plane handles like I'd expect (I had no expo on the maiden), she is a nice flying plane. I found the new Admiral 3300 3S battery to be a good fit in both speed and flight time. I'll try a 4S again at some point but for my flying it's not needed.

The first couple of flights were on low rates, the last four were with the hi rates. This is a nice flying plane.

Landings were really nice, I find that wheel landings yield really nice scale looking landings and the plane is controllable. I also found that a good bit of right rudder at lift off really helps with the left rolling tendency on take off, that and advancing the throttle smoothly and slowly (not jamming it to full in 1 second).

It really looks nice on low passes and I got a number of compliments on my handing of the plane and the planes looks last night.

Has anyone mixed any up elevator in with the flaps? If you have I'd be interested in know what you used. The next time out I'm going to try some mix to see what works.

Comment

Working...
                                          X