Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've got the V2 and really enjoy it, always a crowd pleaser.
    TiredIron Aviation
    Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

Absolutely. Now let's get a super scale 2000MM version, shall we? LOL
      My YouTube RC videos:
      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Real big +1111 on that!!!!!!!!!!!;)
        Dewey l

Comment

I have been enjoying mine. I have an Aspire sound card in it which makes a difference in the air. At first it intimidated me but not anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
            I have been enjoying mine. I have an Aspire sound card in it which makes a difference in the air. At first it intimidated me but not anymore.
            I can't believe how loud that thing is :Scared:
            TiredIron Aviation

Comment

have they changed the retracts to one that no longer use end point switches.. the failure to work regularly gets old. i cut the switches out of my p51 and went with jp retract board and all is fine for many flights so far now. but i would never again want to deal with the switches they have a mind of their own..........

also is the current motor 380kv

any other upgrades on this v2 version.

Comment

My V2 has never had any issues with the retracts, I suspect they changed the microswitch board because I also have a newer 1700mm Mustang and it works perfect as well. I did buy a set of the FMS 1700mm Corsair retracts for my 1600mm LX Corsair and they never worked right until I did the AussieHoppy mod on them which works great.
                TiredIron Aviation

Comment

I didn't have any problems with my last V2 I had...I sold it a year or so ago but the retracts never were an issue for me. Now stock performance and that small prop? That's another matter. If FMS came out with a 1700mm (or larger!!) V3 with a boss power setup, closer-to-scale size prop, full depth cockpit with rolling canopy, scale flaps...TAKE MY MONEY!!

:Silly:
                  My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Yeah TI, the Aspire sound module is louder than the v4.1 and I have come to like it as the volume is a must. I went through several sets of retracts early on but as I replaced them I stopped having any problems. The retracts were almost it's undoing. At one point I was almost ready to assign it shelf queen status but I am glad they got sorted out. It has been a blast to fly since. One other thing, I know many people have claimed it lacked power but I personally think it has plenty.

Comment

Man lol you have been spamming it up lol. ;) Still waiting on that 2000mm Hellcat
                      AMA 1102566

Comment

Hey guys ,

Really want to purchase this bird. Anyone know of an online store that actually has them in stock? Specifically the Version 2.

Force RC and FMS show them in stock but thats not the case. Horizon Hobby does have them but they cannot confirm its V2. They said specifically that they are not aware of different versions...

Thanks,

Anthony

Comment

Anthony, while I cannot guarantee it, I would be shocked if HH didn't have the V2 version since the V2 has been what's in production for years now. I doubt FMS had any ancient V1 stock left and sent that to HH.

If I were you I would feel confident it's in fact V2 they are carrying.
                          My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
                            Anthony, while I cannot guarantee it, I would be shocked if HH didn't have the V2 version since the V2 has been what's in production for years now. I doubt FMS had any ancient V1 stock left and sent that to HH.

If I were you I would feel confident it's in fact V2 they are carrying.
                            Thanks Aros! I bit the bullet and ordered it.

By the way, nice review of the plane. Part of what helped me decide on the purchase :)

Comment

Awesome, thanks!
                              My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Hello guys,

Well I got my corsair in yesterday from another webstore called ForceRC. Looks like the box had a rather long and harsh shelf life so I knew I'd probably be disappointed before I even opened the box. Unfortunately the Tail Rudder was loose, warped at the top and not in its own clear packaging bag like other pics I've seen. One of the wings has the inner leading edge of the molding insert pushed inward and broken off as if shoved in the box, also has a 300kv motor. The motor mount doesnt look like anything i've seen in recent pics so im kind of wondering if i got an old kit from them, maybe? Starting to think this was possibly even a return as the foam sheets used as separators in the packaging seemed pretty half arsed... Or, maybe they inspected everything and just were careless when closing the box back up?

Is there a specific way to tell if I have a newer version 2?

I know some people are also saying that newer models from the 1700mm series should have either 360 or 380kv? Is that correct or is it only for the P51?

I also ordered one from Motion RC shortly after they became available again late last week, supposedly a new container. Will keep you guys posted.

Thank you,

Anthony

Comment

Yes that very much sounds like an old version and one that was a customer return. I would absolutely have that returned for a refund.
                                  My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Hey guys, would like to add the 360kv to this bird. Can someone confirm if it will be a drop in fit and if it will run with the Stock Prop and ESC Setup? I've read through the RCGroups post but nothing really set in stone when it comes to the stock setup with the motor upgrade only.

Thanks!

Anthony

Comment

Originally posted by Plastic_Aviator View Post
                                      Hey guys, would like to add the 360kv to this bird. Can someone confirm if it will be a drop in fit and if it will run with the Stock Prop and ESC Setup? I've read through the RCGroups post but nothing really set in stone when it comes to the stock setup with the motor upgrade only.

Thanks!

Anthony
                                      The 360kV is a drop in fit but you should increase the ESC from the stock 85A to 100A to allow for enough overhead.
                                      To the novice that doesn't understand power coefficients and thinking that the additional 60kV isn't much.............IT IS.
                                      Anytime you change RPM's and/or Prop (diameter, pitch and blade count) the power requirements are not increased linearly but exponentially. ;)

Best regards,
                                      Warbird Charlie
                                      HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

When i upgraded to the 360 in my ferocious frankie mustang i went up to 100 amp on the esc. Got the direct imfo fro a good credited authority. Mr OV10.:Cool::Whew:
                                        Dewey l

Comment

And for pete's sake if you go to the trouble of overhauling the power system get a closer to scale sized prop! It's criminal that FMS puts such dinky props on those 1700's. LOL
                                          My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Working...
                                          X