Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lame troubles so far. Gear isnt working properly, dead aileron servo...This is my 3rd FMS plane and it's always the same thing. Beautiful planes with sketchy electronics. :Sleepy:

Anyway... does anyone know why the gear only wants to work when it's upside down... :Confused:

I checked all the wiring. Everything is plugged in fine. I'm so confused.

Comment

Originally posted by Plastic_Aviator View Post
      Lame troubles so far. Gear isnt working properly, dead aileron servo...This is my 3rd FMS plane and it's always the same thing. Beautiful planes with sketchy electronics. :Sleepy:

Anyway... does anyone know why the gear only wants to work when it's upside down... :Confused:

I checked all the wiring. Everything is plugged in fine. I'm so confused.

If you do this retract mod you'll not have anymore gear problems.
      TiredIron Aviation
      Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

Hey guys, got my replacement parts in! So far so good. Thanks Motion RC

And big thanks to Matt in Customer Support :Cool:

Comment

Looking gooood! :Cool:
          My YouTube RC videos:
          https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Ha!!! AWESOME.... Love your taste in aircraft sir!
            Is that some light airbrushing on the Corsair? If so! it ROCKS! Well Done.
            Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

Originally posted by e4dragongunner View Post
              Ha!!! AWESOME.... Love your taste in aircraft sir!
              Is that some light airbrushing on the Corsair? If so! it ROCKS! Well Done.
              Yes! Very light airbrushing on the Corsair. Thanks!

Comment

Very subtle! Very effective. It takes the unattractive gloss away.
                Less is more!!
                Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	1504401906790.jpg
Views:	659
Size:	100.3 KB
ID:	95348 Just got a f4u off eBay used. It was listed with all (yes all) electronics inoperative. Got the plane for a great price. It arrived, I started diag. And yes, all the servos,retracts and Esc are dead. The ESC has a bad burn where the receiver power wire is, all servos have a burn out on their board. The right aleron servo has much worse damage than the others. Have there been any issues with servo and or ESC failures like this? Hate to replace the bad components with components that are questionable. Also FYI, the 25g and 17g servos are not completely metal geared. The first 2 gears off the drive motor are plastic.
                  thanks
                  Rick Click image for larger version

Name:	1504401752164.jpg
Views:	649
Size:	144.9 KB
ID:	95346Click image for larger version

Name:	1504401822669.jpg
Views:	621
Size:	79.6 KB
ID:	95347
                  RSeshawks, Cape Coral Fl.

Comment

Is Fms going to make a Cockpit detail kit for the 1700 F4u Corsair ?

Comment

Comment

Prop failed and plane came apart mid air!

Comment

:Scared::(.
                          AMA 424553

Comment

How old was the plane and who did you get it from. If it was motion and resonably new im sure motion would help you.
                            Dewey l

Comment

H

Comment

Flightline, Freewing, Motion..... PLEASE COME OUT WITH A 1600mm (or bigger) CORSAIR !!!!! WE'RE BEGGING YOU!!!!! PLEASE DON'T MAKE US SUFFER THROUGH THESE FMS PLANES ANY LONGER.........

YOU'RE MOST SINCERELY......VERY DESPERATE

Comment

Hi I am buying this plane this week and i have read that it has a lack of power issue. I am looking at getting a Propdrive v2 5060 380KV motor and a Mystery Cloud 100a UBEC ESC. I was also looking to use a 5000mAh 7s .lipo for not only the extra power but i also read that it need quite a bit of weight in the nose so i might as well get a higher voltage battery. Lastly is there anything else that i might want to do before i fly it? Lastly i am looking intp a shockwave sound system. Anyone have a sound system and how does it affect the plane in air? Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by RcPiLoTdAd View Post
                                    Hi I am buying this plane this week and i have read that it has a lack of power issue. I am looking at getting a Propdrive v2 5060 380KV motor and a Mystery Cloud 100a UBEC ESC. I was also looking to use a 5000mAh 7s .lipo for not only the extra power but i also read that it need quite a bit of weight in the nose so i might as well get a higher voltage battery. Lastly is there anything else that i might want to do before i fly it? Lastly i am looking intp a shockwave sound system. Anyone have a sound system and how does it affect the plane in air? Thank you
                                    It seems like the power should bee good , just remember that the stock prop may not handle more power. I have not upgraded my power system, but finding a nice 4 bladed prop that wont break the bank is what holds me back drom power upgrades. Becareful to make sure motor/esc can handle 7s.

Comment

If you upgrade your power system most definitely make sure to upgrade your stock prop. That thing will shatter with the upgraded power system you mention. I would look at the Biela 3 or 4 blade props for both performance and scale appeal.
                                      My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

HI
                                        First thank you for all of your advice !! So from what i have read from you guys and other forums i think i know what i would like to do. I am looking at getting the FMS 360kv motor and i would like to also take care of the prop problem but i do not know where to find what i am looking for its a must for me to have 4 blades i know that they have there drawbacks but i am flying with a few friends this summer for a bunch of VIP's !!!! They are all WWII vets and its very important that i looks its part . Knowing this i am going to be doing as many flights with it that i can and i dont want to use something else and the day come put the 4 blade on and have it act up . So any help on the prop would be great !! Now i am looking at the Shockwave Sound system .https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdjZ...0dbK7yTvu8-iUG . Its the system in the above video the battery C rating i know that with my jets that having a higher C rating really helps overall power so i am looking at a 5000mAh 6s 60c . I know that this is alot of work that i am asking for but trust me i will do everything in my power to make this the best day these HERO's can have !!! So any help would really help me out and again thanks !!!!

Comment

You might try checking out their 20x10 semi scale Corsair 4 blade...

Scroll down towards the bottom of this page and you will see their list of "Four Blade Semi-Scale Corsair" props as I do not know the exact prop you need for your particular power system.

My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Working...
                                          X