Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok I need new retracts also. The v2 plane is listed but I can't tell if the parts are v2 parts or the original v1 parts. Hopefully someone from MRC will chime in here and clear this up.

Comment

I had a Hellcat for 5 years I did not have much problems with landing gear on pavement, but it would bend on grass, this is a major improvement, also the the factory flaps should help, the lights with plugin and flashers is also great for late afternoons for the colors of the plane are hard to see then. This is one of the best flying planes I have had, I been doing this for over 40 years. I will be ordering one of these really soon.

Comment

I never had a issue really until one day they bent just a smidge. After that the metal never held its own again. Now they are so weak they will bend if I leave a battery in it over night. The next morning they will be caved in lol. It is a awesome plane
        AMA 1102566

Comment

Just received the new V2 last Friday. It is a nice upgrade to the original. The gear is upgraded. It has flaps installed out of the box, and the lights are bright and have a 5 way controller. Three for flashing and two for solid-on. Also a new ESC to solve some of the Dynam programming and stuttering issues. It all looks great, but check the ESC connections. One was almost out, so they all got reseated and an extra layers of heat shrink to secure them... Ordered the graphics from Callie as well! They got here at the same time the plane arrived... :-)

Comment

I built a Dynam F6F Hellcat which is V1 since it does not have flaps. I wanted to use the forward facing white LEDs lights but there was not information on how to hook them up. I ordered a LED light kit and put green/red navigation lights and changed the forward facing LEDs with super bright strobing lights now. Also put the flashing red beacons inside the fuselage. Great for flying in twilight conditions. guess I should wait I take pictures in the evening. Definitely not realistic since you need to turn the navigation lights off when you are at war.

Comment

On the old Dynam models, I used the FMS Stuka light set for 4.99 from MRC. I just hooked up an old servo connector to the lights and plugged them into a Y on the flaps or gear and that worked great. The original lights were dim and the wrong colors....

Comment

Received my Dynam Hellcat V2 today. Model seems to be very nice. My only complaint is that the flaps cause a terrible crease on top of the wing where it bends. Looks terrible.

Comment

Yeah, it is a shame that they don't update the mold. I cut them, but be very careful. The top doesn't match the bottom. Use the top as your guide.
                  Don't just fly--WREAK HAVOC!!!

Comment

Were the landing gear struts upgraded?? and what exactly do you mean by leaving a crease in the wing? Do you have a pic of it. Is it a deal breaker, because im trying to put together a grumman cat fleet and ive been holding out on this airplane because I've heard nothing bad news about this airplane and its the only Hellcat available right now. So I'm hoping this 2nd Version is much better and I can deal with the paint on my own with a different Livery.
                    Current Fleet: Flightline Tigercat, Flightline Bearcat, Eflite Corsair, ESM Skyraider, Pilot RC Yak-54 30%:corsair

Comment

The problem is the length of the flap is way longer than the top wing surface due to they aren't using the split flap of the fms design that is soo much better keeping the hinge point concealed. On this plane the hinges are open to the top unless you want to get creative and cut them completely out add your own hinges to have the same look and capacity of the flap they give you, without the crease. So you would have to cut them from the trailing edge under the top of the wing to make the split flaps.

Comment

Originally posted by AkumaZeto View Post
                        yeah mine is just finally not worth repairing. It was my trainer when I learned to fly 4 years ago. Amazing flying plane that does whatever you ask it to.
                        Akuma, I take it that it is a good trainer as well. I'm just starting to get into warbirds and I do have the P47 which I haven't flown yet, but I'm not exactly a beginner rookie. I have flown my Pandora, Apprentice and Hawksky many times, but just haven't made that low wing switch yet. I have changed my Pandora over over to low wing, but just haven't had the time to fly lately as like many been to busy. I guess my point is I'm looking in to update my hanger with a couple of birds real soon and I have been considering the Hellcat.
                        Still Learning:D

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post

Akuma, I take it that it is a good trainer as well. I'm just starting to get into warbirds and I do have the P47 which I haven't flown yet, but I'm not exactly a beginner rookie. I have flown my Pandora, Apprentice and Hawksky many times, but just haven't made that low wing switch yet. I have changed my Pandora over over to low wing, but just haven't had the time to fly lately as like many been to busy. I guess my point is I'm looking in to update my hanger with a couple of birds real soon and I have been considering the Hellcat.
                          Hello Pauly,
                          Unless you haven't flown that Pandora in a low wing tail dragger configuration then I would highly recommend that you MAKE THE TIME to fly it.
                          That bird is one of the best(bar none) what I will call a cross trainer into the world of warbirds.;)

Don't be into the wide eye novice(not beginner rookie as self proclaimed) rookie routine of trying to run before you can walk.
                          As an instructor I've said this many a time and many a time the constructive critique was greatly appreciated.
                          Here's an excerpt from the First Warbird thread but please read what other experienced warbird pilots and instructors(wrongroad)have also said in this thread to get a further insight to the concept I'm trying to convey.

Best regards,
                          Warbird Charlie
                          HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

I echo OV10 I picked up flying pretty quick as I have flow dedicated flight sim systems for 20 years and also have been into RC cars for twenty years. I think I had a jump on the stick since I had prior experience with controls and how flight works.
                            AMA 1102566

Comment

I agree, I started on a hobbyzone super cub, then went to the cheapo GWS Corsair. After that it was onward and upward. That first plane I picked up in 2001. Weird to think how long ago that really was. It doesn't feel like it, but wow.

Comment

Originally posted by OV10 View Post

Hello Pauly,
                                Unless you haven't flown that Pandora in a low wing tail dragger configuration then I would highly recommend that you MAKE THE TIME to fly it.
                                That bird is one of the best(bar none) what I will call a cross trainer into the world of warbirds.;)

Don't be into the wide eye novice(not beginner rookie as self proclaimed) rookie routine of trying to run before you can walk.
                                As an instructor I've said this many a time and many a time the constructive critique was greatly appreciated.
                                Here's an excerpt from the First Warbird thread but please read what other experienced warbird pilots and instructors(wrongroad)have also said in this thread to get a further insight to the concept I'm trying to convey.

Best regards,
                                Thank You OV10, I do have it the Pandora moved over to the low wing and will fly it when I get the chance to. I know I would hate to destroy a plane on it its maiden. Thanks for the advice.
                                Still Learning:D

Comment

I remounted my Dr Madthrust cannon speaker to the bottom. Sounds 100percent better then inside. Sorry, but the Youtube of the machine gun and cannon lights came out horrible so I will have to retake it.
                                  Don't just fly--WREAK HAVOC!!!

Comment

Repainted this bird right out of the box. The tri-color scheme it came with just doesn't look right. This is the V2 Hellcat. Havent had any issues with it just yet. Fingers crossed. Pretty under powered though, but that just makes it fly more scale I suppose. I'm still pretty happy with it. Great addition to the rest of my Grumman cat fleet.
                                    Current Fleet: Flightline Tigercat, Flightline Bearcat, Eflite Corsair, ESM Skyraider, Pilot RC Yak-54 30%:corsair

Comment

Looks fantastic!
                                      TiredIron Aviation
                                      Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Absolutely, great work :)

Comment

Working...
                                          X